British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

I see holder and Batchelors replacement's did well

This Swindon side even without Zach will be hard to beat over two legs i thought the home side with a unfit Lambert did well to hold them as long as they did.Monday i believe the home side will beat Somerset and try to push on from there a set of riders who put 100 per cent in is all any of us as fans can ask.
  • Like 3

I take it Nik is back Monday at reserve then?

Yes he is. After nasty crash in Rzeszow on Sunday and concussion he is not allowed to ride for 7 days, hence missing last night and sadly Saturday.

This Swindon side even without Zach will be hard to beat over two legs i thought the home side with a unfit Lambert did well to hold them as long as they did.Monday i believe the home side will beat Somerset and try to push on from there a set of riders who put 100 per cent in is all any of us as fans can ask.

Hi Sidney, you OK?? Pleased to see your team doing well...... No one is in any doubt about the strength of Swindon, and yes I thought the Stars did well to stay in contention that long. 2 quick fire 5-1's puts a false impression of the scores, and make people think it was easy. But it was far from that.. Probably against a lesser side we might have scraped a point,......

• Like 1

How can the club expect fans to turn up after the press release from last week stating that the club isn't prepared to run it the weather is dodgy as won't risk a repeat of meltdown Thursday- last week there was zero rain and it was off we've had a wind off last night the weather forecast was rain and it was windy so why was the meeting on?

So do we as fans now disregard the previous weeks statement?

I agree the forecast was bad, it was raining hard where I live near Norwich, so couldn't risk travelling to Lynn for the expected rain off. Much to my amazement it went ahead, but from all accounts, I didn't miss much. I emailed the stadium a week ago asking if I could subscribe to the text service which updates fans if a meeting is cancelled, I'm told by several people on this forum it is still in operation, but did I get a reply to my request....Nope. Once again, total lack of communication to a fans enquiry, and it just sums up what everbody else has been saying on this forum about this Club.

The track at Lynn last night has been better and it suited Swindon being slick dry and dusty what it needed was being watered But who would have done this as rain looked like coming down every minute. What helped Swindon was their top scorer who replaced a much weaker rider and good luck to them they made a wise choice. they have 5 heat leaders now.

• Like 1

Hi Sidney, you OK?? Pleased to see your team doing well...... No one is in any doubt about the strength of Swindon, and yes I thought the Stars did well to stay in contention that long. 2 quick fire 5-1's puts a false impression of the scores, and make people think it was easy. But it was far from that.. Probably against a lesser side we might have scraped a point,......

[/quote GR hope you are good this Swindon side has surprised me to be honest Musielak a massive plus but along way to go also winning or losing does not bother me that much as long as i have a good night out.The Stars last night it was encouraging to be honest, they need to win on Monday night though to ease the pressure Huckenbeck is the key for me.He has real ability and a reserve partnership of Auty/Porsing need to look to score 12 or more between them at home to ensure a home win.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I cannot comment on the racing since I was not there, but have heard it has not been up to usual standards of late. This was a tough fixture for your new recruits without doubt. Swindon have been on a roll with or without Doyle. Personally I cannot comment on the state of the track for the visit of Poole. But Holder going AWOL was expected. I've never had much faith in Batchelor doing anything that wasn't in the best interests of Batchelor. So maybe he is hoping for a South Coast return next year. They have their wish, low averages so if Fatt Maud doesn't mess up his team building next year, the Pirates are all set. Lets hope any other club is capable of ruining their party

I think you will find that Batchelor has increased his average his average this season from what was a 5+ average to 7+.

I think you will find that Batchelor has increased his average his average this season from what was a 5+ average to 7+.

He certainly did...

Yes Batch has had a good season and he is not on a low average and Matt Ford will not be employing him I am sure, we have enough assets why pay loan fees. Chris Holder is on a low average for his ability but maybe that is his level now as he isn't exactly doing well in Poland either.

Yes Batch has had a good season and he is not on a low average and Matt Ford will not be employing him I am sure, we have enough assets why pay loan fees. Chris Holder is on a low average for his ability but maybe that is his level now as he isn't exactly doing well in Poland either.

If Batchelors current Visa is revoked it's likely to affect his chances of a visa in 2018 according to his SGP press release.

Batchelor is in the SS spouting how he upped his average by 2 pts this year, but he doesn't mention how last year he was rubbish and was carried by the Stars. He was an 8pt rider who dropped his average to 5+ so to be back to 7 is nothing to brag about. He's not producing the goods that was expected from a GP rider....

• Like 4

Interesting to read Buster's comments about 'making a push for the play-offs' .... he's right however, but I feel it'll be the relegation play-offs ..... ;)

ah well we've got a good Championship team ready :t:

Edited by Star Fever

Pretty clear it's BV Wolves and Swindon in the playoffs and one from the rest!

• Like 1

Pretty clear it's BV Wolves and Swindon in the playoffs and one from the rest!

I was quietly impressed last night of how our team performed against the 'in-form' team of the league. We now have a side of triers, riders who don't give up easily. Some of the races last night were top draw and eagerly contested. A few could have gone the other way, meaning the scores could have been even closer. I'm under no elusion of our overall strength, but even withstanding the strength of the top three, the remaining sides are all beatable.

Given last night as purely an appetizer, each of the three new riders should only get better when they are dialled in to the new club. THJ was on borrowed machinery, Auty and MPT were nervous and anxious to impress. Anxiety got the better of both but it will get better.. Them, together with Lambert, Huckenbeck Jorgensen and Porsing, we should be able to hold our own against most teams... and give them all decent competition.....

Things can only get better....... 'Don't let the sun go down '

• Like 1

I was quietly impressed last night of how our team performed against the 'in-form' team of the league. We now have a side of triers, riders who don't give up easily. Some of the races last night were top draw and eagerly contested. A few could have gone the other way, meaning the scores could have been even closer. I'm under no elusion of our overall strength, but even withstanding the strength of the top three, the remaining sides are all beatable.

Given last night as purely an appetizer, each of the three new riders should only get better when they are dialled in to the new club. THJ was on borrowed machinery, Auty and MPT were nervous and anxious to impress. Anxiety got the better of both but it will get better.. Them, together with Lambert, Huckenbeck Jorgensen and Porsing, we should be able to hold our own against most teams... and give them all decent competition.....

Things can only get better....... 'Don't let the sun go down '

Are you sure about THJ on borrowed machinery.It was definately all his covers.