British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Promoters don't need a reason to terminate a Riders contract, they have absolutely no Rights.

The Promoter owns you until 31st October, totally unfair system, but it's their boys club, and you play by their Rules, whenever they decide to change them.

I know one Rider who was sold to another Club, without even being told, wasn't until the end of the season that his old Promoter told him.

I would imagine with a fixed term employment contract which they must have in speedway or some variation of, there will be break clauses both ways otherwise there were be dozens of claims of unfair dismissal before now. Also I'm guessing the 2 year rule which prevents folk from claim unf dismissal in the real world would also apply here.

So basically he's got no chance of a claim.

Promoters don't need a reason to terminate a Riders contract, they have absolutely no Rights.

The Promoter owns you until 31st October, totally unfair system, but it's their boys club, and you play by their Rules, whenever they decide to change them.

I know one Rider who was sold to another Club, without even being told, wasn't until the end of the season that his old Promoter told him.

You know more than me but the facts, as TB states, is he has improved his average and the doctor signed him off. My argument would be the time of communication of the sacking as surely an employee should be treated fairly and in this case they haven't.

You know more than me but the facts, as TB states, is he has improved his average and the doctor signed him off. My argument would be the time of communication of the sacking as surely an employee should be treated fairly and in this case they haven't.

Stop being wet behind the ears.

A dr is always going to sign a rider off if he complains of any sort of pain. It's not worth their bother saying "no, your lying. Get out and race". The rider then has a pile up next race & gets a life changing injury & he's in deep ...

Batchelor deserves no fairness after riding less than 24 hours later. You reap what you sow.

• Like 6

Honestly it doesn't matter if he scored a maximum every Meeting, his contract can be terminated at anytime

Best part is, if they don't pay the Rider, he cannot withhold his services, if he does, then he gets a ban, they don't even have to pay him his contracted money, just a pre determined pay scale.

Why couldn't Chapman and the riders have sat down and discussed their issues before it came to this?

Because Chapman is self opinionated and his man management skills are zero. You only have to look at what J. Chapman has said on here, quite apart from some of his behaviour over the years when things don't go his way.

EDIT : Just read Batch's statement in which he says the only time Chapman spoke to him this year was to sack him. If that's true it tells you all you need to know about Chapmans man management skills.

Edited by E I Addio

Not a Buster fan in any way but he is off some fans getting a lot of stick for what he has done and for the timing of the move.

But think about it Batch and Holder are upset and badly done to and are letting all the world know about it.Not bothered about being sacked by Kings lynn a club they must have really pd off.But thinking about themselves they thought it would be fairer if buster had let them know a day or so earlier so they had chance to find another club.

So that they could have taken the jobs of another two riders who have done no wrong to their club leaving them in the same boat as they are in now and they would not have batted an eye lid about it.

So whos worse them or Buster ?.

us supporters at the end of the day two more riders gone for the time being or forever ?

Because Chapman is self opinionated and his man management skills are zero. You only have to look at what J. Chapman has said on here, quite apart from some of his behaviour over the years when things don't go his way.

quite agree as chaiman of the bspa he is not fit for purpose

So Batchelor wouldn't have had any qualms about moving to Poole (or anywhere else) just before the deadline and seeing another rider dumped without a team place.

Speedway has become quite ruthless. But its sport not family business. If you have riders not performing, then you have to make changes. No point in pussying with under scoring riders, what good is it for the fans and sponsors? Nearly every club in Britain has done it and would do under the same circumstances.

I'm not a big Troy fan but he would have been a better signing than Kennett or Lahti! But its too late now so we'll just had to put up with what we've got and likely or not the crowds will dwindle even more.

Edited by Mr X

Still denying them a living. Like i said in a lot earlier post they both should have been heavily fined and told happens again yr gone.

None at a guess.

You make no sense. You state they are being denied a living, but then say they should be fined heavily therefore impacting on their living wage? You then continue to say they should be given a second chance. Buster has taken a zero policy with them and rightly so. No second chances over this sort of stance from riders.

• Like 2

EDIT : Just read Batch's statement in which he says the only time Chapman spoke to him this year was to sack him. If that's true it tells you all you need to know about Chapmans man management skills.

Let's get 1 thing straight,

Rob Lyon & Dale Allitt were running the show for 2017.

Chapman was simply the track curator and BSPA Chairman in 2017, he'd stepped down from the club duties very early on.

Allitt has been taken ill since that Thursday and Lyon has since stepped down.

Thus meaning Buster has only had to take back control of the Speedway since Wednesday 26th July.

So the reality is, Buster hasn't needed to speak to any of the riders all season until now.

• Like 6

Let's get 1 thing straight,

Rob Lyon & Dale Allitt were running the show for 2017.

Chapman was simply the track curator and BSPA Chairman in 2017, he'd stepped down from the club duties very early on.

Allitt has been taken ill since that Thursday and Lyon has since stepped down.

Thus meaning Buster has only had to take back control of the Speedway since Wednesday 26th July.

So the reality is, Buster hasn't needed to speak to any of the riders all season until now.

So the track curator hasn't communicated with the home team riders about how they'd like the track prepared. Bearing in mind most supporters at any track want decent racing and a home win.

I find that bizarre.

• Like 1