British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Well with plenty of time on his hands nowadays there's nothing to prevent him going there . :lol:

I don't think there was anything preventing him going there before...

I don't think there was anything preventing him going there before...

You're right, but with all the extra time he has on his hands now he could make a bit of a holiday out of it.Perhaps he could invite his buddy to go along also as he has some free time on his hands too :lol:

Edited by Dave Jones

The other point is i suspect Middlo may have thought with Holder refusing to ride it was an opportunity to get some unexpected points and told all the Poole boys to get on with it.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 3

Chris Holder says he is paid 10 times as much in Poland.

Giving some of his performances with Torun this season that kind of money wont be there next season.

The other point is i suspect Middlo may have thought with Holder refusing to ride it was an opportunity to get some unexpected points and told all the Poole boys to get on with it.

My thoughts all along .....

Holder banned for 9 months according to the daily mirror ?

As just pointed out to me, the start of his 28 day ban to the start of next season is nine months!!

Holder banned for 9 months according to the daily mirror ?

Final nail in the coffin if true.

No Speedway next year in Britain. People are not going to pay £18 to see a team missing 3 riders per meeting through doubling up with a Championship club.

Final nail in the coffin if true.

No Speedway next year in Britain. People are not going to pay £18 to see a team missing 3 riders per meeting through doubling up with a Championship club.

No need to double up if there is only one league.

.......No Speedway next year in Britain. People are not going to pay £18 to see a team missing 3 riders per meeting through doubling up with a Championship club.

Not necessarily true. Perhaps there are plans to have two leagues ~ North and South ~ using riders who actually want to ride in the UK. I really like the sound of this, with play offs between the top two from each league at the end of the season. I'm still optimistic this will happen while I'm still able to get to Speedway meetings.

• Like 4

Not necessarily true. Perhaps there are plans to have two leagues ~ North and South ~ using riders who actually want to ride in the UK. I really like the sound of this, with play offs between the top two from each league at the end of the season. I'm still optimistic this will happen while I'm still able to get to Speedway meetings.

and me suit me fine it's still speedway back to basics
  • Like 2

What are the wages here and abroad?

I was told that it is £500 a point in Sweden and £1,000 a point in Poland. If it is that with no other payments - in the top leagues only, it is probably viable with their crowds and sponsors.

I was told that it is £500 a point in Sweden and £1,000 a point in Poland. If it is that with no other payments - in the top leagues only, it is probably viable with their crowds and sponsors.

And some clubs in both countries have a history of not always paying.

As just pointed out to me, the start of his 28 day ban to the start of next season is nine months!!

Not quite right, August to March is 8 months . If we assume his 28 day ban is added on to that he won't be available to a UK club until April . That would make the period quoted. Hardly a 9 month ban though is it.? Unless of course there is something happening that we are not aware of yet.

Edited by Dave Jones