British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester V Kings Lynn Saturday 5th August

Short of Buster building a tall structure to stop the sun it's just par for the course, we're used to it lol

But it doesn't make it right. I get so annoyed rushing around to get there by half seven only to sit about 20 min waiting for the sun to go down........ I'm sure other people do as well... probably, even it results in some not even bothering.........

As for years ago, the bikes then were totally different , in that they were not so fast and more controllable.......

As for years ago, the bikes then were totally different , in that they were not so fast and more controllable.......

And that is the crux of the problem. The new super duper go a half second faster bikes add absolutely nothing to the spectacle of speedway. All they do is increase the cost to the rider, the promoter and ultimately the fans.

• Like 4

Yes and that's why I wouldn't bother going again after our last experience when the match didn't start for 40 minutes, followed by other delays. There's too much messing around these days.

Me too. Being messed about and ignored by some promoters and some riders has helped me to break the habit that was speedway - live in the stadium. Still great on TV though. I should be grateful really.

But it doesn't make it right. I get so annoyed rushing around to get there by half seven only to sit about 20 min waiting for the sun to go down........ I'm sure other people do as well... probably, even it results in some not even bothering.........

So you want him to start the meetings at 2030 during the Summer?

Why not? Or at least 20.15. Common sense really and then go straight through with the racing and have the interval at 20.00! That would be too easy though.

I'm not particularly bother what time the meeting starts, as long as it starts at the time announced. Another pet hate of mine is when they say, we're going to delay the start as there are still people trying to get in.......... Tuff, Get here earlier, Most people get there in plenty of time, why should we be made to wait , because others couldn't be bothered.... I get so annoyed. For two pins I would leave without even seeing the meeting.... It is wrong to panelise those who comply for the sake of those who cant be bothered....

Why not? Or at least 20.15. Common sense really and then go straight through with the racing and have the interval at 20.00! That would be too easy though.

Ain't ever going to see a meeting at Lynn "pushed through" without a break or delays!!....just think of all the catering revenue Chapman will miss out on if people actually have something to watch all the time and aren't just hanging around bored stiff 'cos nothings happening!!

Ain't ever going to see a meeting at Lynn "pushed through" without a break or delays!!....just think of all the catering revenue Chapman will miss out on if people actually have something to watch all the time and aren't just hanging around bored stiff 'cos nothings happening!!

Gotta keep those burgers and pints coming! :lol:

But if it's not sunny? Is the interval as much for the staff though? All he needs to do is have something ready for if there is a sun delay, photo sessions? Interviews? Crowd interaction? Competition on facebook/twitter? Send in funny selfies while ya wait? Drop the clutch comp (every track should have one of those, with a yearly competition for the fans!), get all the kids together and talk to them, give the kids rides on the bikes (seen a pic of that done recently!), loads of stuff to while away half hour!

But if it's not sunny? Is the interval as much for the staff though? All he needs to do is have something ready for if there is a sun delay, photo sessions? Interviews? Crowd interaction? Competition on facebook/twitter? Send in funny selfies while ya wait? Drop the clutch comp (every track should have one of those, with a yearly competition for the fans!), get all the kids together and talk to them, give the kids rides on the bikes (seen a pic of that done recently!), loads of stuff to while away half hour!

All of that should be done anyway.

This Bewley talk reminds me of just 2-3 years ago with regards to Robert Lambert.

I don't think he's all that's cracked up to be to be perfectly honest