British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

Hmphh, I've got some original music cassettes, so there ! Nothing to play them on though. :rolleyes:

I have as well and I've got something to play them on. Remember the Walkman? :lol:

• Like 1

I'm going to have to look it up, but I think one was league, one was cup and I also we won 1 and lost 1 (needs checking). Now you would think same teams, same track that the result would be the same............

Already answered I know, but knew this one immediately. Ronnie Correy stormed to a 15pt max in the first match, outside pass on Armando Castagna in his fourth ride I think.

Here's the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

For what it's worth, I wish I was in England, personally I don't mind double headers, 30 heats of speedway, brilliant :)

14/9/92

Gold Cup Final 2nd Leg

Wolves 49 Reading 41

SS KOC 2nd Round 2nd Leg

Wolves 45 Reading 45

Slow Saturday night!

I bunked school to travel up to that from Reading.

The first leg of the final was the day before at Smallmead iir - huge rain delay and we won in heat 15 i think.

Good times..

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I wish I was in England, personally I don't mind double headers, 30 heats of speedway, brilliant :)

It might sound good but the reality might change your mind after standing around for hours in the cold with track grading every 4 heats. You could of course take a garden seat, have a flask of coffee, packet of crisps and a few cucumber sandwiches to complete the picture of a typical Speedway fan. :lol:

• Like 1

Already answered I know, but knew this one immediately. Ronnie Correy stormed to a 15pt max in the first match, outside pass on Armando Castagna in his fourth ride I think.

Here's the match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMa75U8CpsQ

Now there's something you don't see in the same sentence often :o:D

Do we know as yet admission prices for the double header?.

Do we know as yet admission prices for the double header?.

Surprisingly for once the information is on the website - £25

EDIT

They have just tweeted

Wednesday's admission prices for 2 meetings in 1 against @WolvesSpeedway £25 adults £20 concessions £10 17-18 YO £5 12-16 YO FREE 11 & under

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Surprisingly for once the information is on the website - £25

EDIT

They have just tweeted

Wednesday's admission prices for 2 meetings in 1 against @WolvesSpeedway £25 adults £20 concessions £10 17-18 YO £5 12-16 YO FREE 11 & under

It's nice to see 17-18 year olds are just a tenner.That means now with my daughter being 18 it's only going to cost £35 for 2 meetings instead of £34 for 1 :D

I bunked school to travel up to that from Reading.

The first leg of the final was the day before at Smallmead iir - huge rain delay and we won in heat 15 i think.

Good times..

Real good times, 2 full coaches and they wondered what to do so they let us in early and we had a nice quiet drink for a few hrs, Dukie had a real good meeting as the track dried out, oh happy times

Bit of rain about this morning according to the BBC forecast.But should dry up late this morning.Have seen quite a bit of lightning this morning but no rain as of yet.

Here's hoping we have two entertaining meetings with the Stars winning 46-44 on both occasions 😀

Bit of rain about this morning according to the BBC forecast.But should dry up late this morning.Have seen quite a bit of lightning this morning but no rain as of yet.

Here's hoping we have two entertaining meetings with the Stars winning 46-44 on both occasions

I can see the time is early morning, but are you sure you're not still asleep and dreaming :D . Lightening usually will only strike once.....

I think both meetings will be close, with heats 13 & 15 being decisive. We win them . we win the meeting, if we don't , we lose...

As much as I like watching this new found spirit in the club, I don't think we are strong enough to create an upset in the PO's. I can see us only being easy fodder for the winning team on a home and away basis. For that reason only, as much as I like to win, tonight, it's not that important... To see good racing, will be all the satisfaction I need .....

I'm pleased we are riding at home tonight and I only have 12mls to go for my bed. By the time you Wolves fans get home , its going to be well late....... :o

Edited by GRW123

I'm hoping Buster chucks a whole load of extra dirt down tonight.

There's a certain Aussie in the Wolves ranks that won't fancy that and with them running R/R it could tip the balance a little

I'm curious. Wolves running rider replacement looks risky over 30 heats to me. A poor run by a couple of riders, worse still an injury and it could be disastrous.

I'm curious. Wolves running rider replacement looks risky over 30 heats to me. A poor run by a couple of riders, worse still an injury and it could be disastrous.

We have no choice but to use r/r as Sam rides at #5

• Like 1

We have no choice but to use r/r as Sam rides at #5

But I think it would better placed at no 2. As I've said before fatigue could as much a factor as anything else, potentially 12 rides for Thorssell !