British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Excellent................ we've at last got one thread that is free of you.

We know it won't be true sadly. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Look what I found searching for the Thursday Night speedway prog that Steve Rider used to present in the 80s?

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/99858

Brilliant, a lot of the riders had those citroen estates, many had the bikes in the back of the vehicle or on a frame on the back.

• Like 1

Brilliant, a lot of the riders had those citroen estates, many had the bikes in the back of the vehicle or on a frame on the back.

Hey! AO - magical return to the heyday at Saddlebow Rd. And to see Michael Lee and Peter Collins - two of my heroes was wonderful. An early Christmas present . Thanks.

Oops my Thanks really go to Trees for unearthing this gem.

Edited by waytogo28

Great Find Young Trees. You must have been about 6 when that was shown. :D Lee was fined by Martin Rogers for that non-appearance then Cyril Crane overturned it and the fine was suspended.

Shame the feeling of going to Speedway back in those days couldn't be bottled.

• Like 2

Think they would love these size of crowds nowadays.

Oh Yes! They certainly would but that lost generation of speedway fans ( and the complicated reasons for that ) has put paid to speedway as having financially viable crowd levels. Buster and whoever cannot afford to disappoint and push away ANY existing fans. Read, Mark, Learn and Digest my teacher always said.

And a message for Trees, I just found my last membership card for KLS Supporters Club has expired. It was No. 92 and ran out in April 1969. Am I able to rejoin at the same rate? And is that 5 shillings? I do qualify for a Concessionary rate.

Edited by waytogo28
  • Like 1

Great Find Young Trees. You must have been about 6 when that was shown. :D Lee was fined by Martin Rogers for that non-appearance then Cyril Crane overturned it and the fine was suspended.

Shame the feeling of going to Speedway back in those days couldn't be bottled.

Oh yes, 6 :)

Oh Yes! They certainly would but that lost generation of speedway fans ( and the complicated reasons for that ) has put paid to speedway as having financially viable crowd levels. Buster and whoever cannot afford to disappoint and push away ANY existing fans. Read, Mark, Learn and Digest my teacher always said.

And a message for Trees, I just found my last membership card for KLS Supporters Club has expired. It was No. 92 and ran out in April 1969. Am I able to rejoin at the same rate? And is that 5 shillings? I do qualify for a Concessionary rate.

Aww you can't have 92 for next year, it's taken, BUT you can have 96 with pleasure, cost has only gone up a few shillings to five pounds, not much more is it? :) I wouldn't know these things being a youngster :)

BTW anyone who is wondering if we are organising anything this close season, we are trying to line up some rider/official talks, not an easy task but we are working on it ....

ALSO ..... is there anyone else out there that would like to accompany us on the coach to Cardiff next year, at the moment we need another 20-30 fans to cover the cost of running the coach. The cost is £35 for Members and £40 for Non Members. That's there and back on the day. Do contact me privately or on the KLSSC Facebook page. We have to make a decision in January to run or not so those who do want to go have time to make alternative arrangements if we have to cancel ...... thank you :)

Like I said click screen name history on my profile and it will show you the 3 names I mentioned.

Wont be replying to any further comments on this thread as it will just go round in circles.

Who were you on the forum before 14 Dec 2016?

KING'S LYNN ?

1 Neils K Iversen 9.04

2 Robert Lambert 7.38

3 Michael J Jensen 6.52

4 Thomas Jorgensen 5.93

5 Lewis Rose 5.25

6 Tomas H Jonasson 4.64

7 Stefan Nielsen 3.67

Total 42.43!

• Like 1

KING'S LYNN ?
1 Neils K Iversen 9.04
2 Robert Lambert 7.38
3 Michael J Jensen 6.52
4 Thomas Jorgensen 5.93
5 Lewis Rose 5.25
6 Tomas H Jonasson 4.64
7 Stefan Nielsen 3.67
Total 42.43!

That wont work mate ;)

KING'S LYNN ?
1 Neils K Iversen 9.04
2 Robert Lambert 7.38
3 Michael J Jensen 6.52
4 Thomas Jorgensen 5.93
5 Lewis Rose 5.25
6 Tomas H Jonasson 4.64
7 Stefan Nielsen 3.67
Total 42.43!

Suits me ( why won't it work? ). In fact a team like that would have on that bench regularly!

And a message for Trees - Yes I will have No. 99 ( not 96 ) and pay the extortionate modern rate. Who said "he's giving it up "? The speedway fan must be one of the most optimistic of sports fans - always hoping, dreaming and being led by the ring in the nose.

• Like 1

KING'S LYNN ?
1 Neils K Iversen 9.04
2 Robert Lambert 7.38
3 Michael J Jensen 6.52
4 Thomas Jorgensen 5.93
5 Lewis Rose 5.25
6 Tomas H Jonasson 4.64
7 Stefan Nielsen 3.67
Total 42.43!

Good team to be fair !!

Suits me ( why won't it work? ). In fact a team like that would have on that bench regularly!

And a message for Trees - Yes I will have No. 99 ( not 96 ) and pay the extortionate modern rate. Who said "he's giving it up "? The speedway fan must be one of the most optimistic of sports fans - always hoping, dreaming and being led by the ring in the nose.

Done :) Edited by Trees

I would look to try get covatti over lewis rose not sure what hes average would be but wouldnt be much difference

I would look to try get covatti over lewis rose not sure what hes average would be but wouldnt be much difference

Sorry would be a 5.7 still worth punt though imo was decent in the wc there for italy..