British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

I am not deluded and don't think Robert Lambert is. You seem to think that whatever opinions you have other people should agree with. I agree Robert needs to improve his gating but He was the only English rider in the world under 21 final so instead of knocking his low score , congratulate him for getting that far. I hope he's a Lynn rider next season.

That's where we are different, I saw nothing, he did on Friday, worth congratulating him for.....

I don't get this Lambert needs to move away from Lynn to improve,why?Imo Lynn is a reasonably big track,and these tracks are more often than not encountered on the continent.His gating is his nemesis if he moves elsewhere his gating will be the same.He can improve on this at Lynn as well as anywhere else.He may need someone to help out with set-ups etc as this is a big factor in getting to the corner first.Yes you reflexes need to be good but the set up is equally important.

Riders develop at different times. Some improve then plateau, only to then move on to the next level.

For every Michael Lee there are far more Lewis Bridger's.

Lambert has had the whole weight of Kings Lynn Stars loaded onto his shoulders after Holder/Batch Gate.

Will moving from Lynn help ? Certainly for a rider who is not a consistent trapper the track served up at Lynn this season has done him few favours.

Edited by semion

I don't get this Lambert needs to move away from Lynn to improve,why?Imo Lynn is a reasonably big track,and these tracks are more often than not encountered on the continent.His gating is his nemesis if he moves elsewhere his gating will be the same.He can improve on this at Lynn as well as anywhere else.He may need someone to help out with set-ups etc as this is a big factor in getting to the corner first.Yes you reflexes need to be good but the set up is equally important.

I hope Lambert stay at Lynn, I believe the AFA is one, of only a few, in the UK that could be compared to those in Sweden and Poland. I appreciated the surface may need dressing but the shape is ideal. If Robert has high hopes of making it abroad, then riding at Lynn would of more benefit than most other tracks in the league.

But I think the reasons for leaving has nothing to do with the track, more to do with other matters..

The saying 'Never sit on an easy chair' highlight Roberts situation. cause he appears far too comfortable in the current surroundings. Probably he needs to move away to pastures new, to regenerate his enthusiasm to push his progress to a higher level...

I've said it many times before, Robert has all the ability to make it to the very top, but I don't see that happening at the moment .

I don't know who is more deluded, You or Him.?? Nothing would give me more pleasure then seeing Robert Lambert become World Champion. So please don't accuse me of not liking him......

I'm so disappointed how things have turned out. 4 years ago he was like a breath of fresh air, destined to reach the very top. He was rightly compared with the Michael Lee's and Darcy Ward's of this world. But since then, his progress has slowed somewhat, to a place where other people are now beating him regularly, people we once considered far less prospect than we said of Robert. I have watched far more of Roberts races than most, and even now, when he goes out to race I am guessing the rider I will see. That's shouldn't be the opinion, one associates with someone of world class.

These last two years Robert form has stagnated and for a top rider, he has made little progress. We all know that gating is the most important part of any great rider. Yes, it is wonderful to see races won from the back, but to be a top rider you must be a competent gater. Lambert has improved a little, but is still no-where near good enough, and until he get that sorted he will always struggle. He is at an age when his reflexes should be lighteningly quick, so it can only be the application and his attitude....

This is where his problems lie. He desperately need a mentor, someone to teach him how to succeed, to get that attitude right, to teach him to gate. Its all very good when you're 16 for your mum to ferry you about , but when you're 19- 20 Mum is the last person you want to have with you. He needs to be more professional. He is seen walking around with that solemn look as if he has the world is on his shoulders, and life is not fun anymore. He appears to be in a rut, and this has to change. If that means moving away from Lynn, then so be it. I would rather see him succeed riding for some other team, rather than stay at Lynn and fail.....

I'm not knocking the lad, or getting on his back, I'm just trying to be constructive, in the hope he can fulfil his and my dreams of reaching the very top.

I totally agree with you, I would compare Lambert has good as Ward at 16, but did Darcy just keep kicking on at a rapid rate each year. IMO you will never ever find a 16 year old as good has Lee, Mike was on another planet at that age!

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!

• Like 1

I totally agree with you, I would compare Lambert has good as Ward at 16, but did Darcy just keep kicking on at a rapid rate each year. IMO you will never ever find a 16 year old as good has Lee, Mike was on another planet at that age!

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!

I seem to remember he was" on another planet" at other stages of his life too. Allegedly :D

• Like 1

Tell you what GRW123 you might laugh at this, but talking of 16 year olds, I first saw Lewis Bridger at Weymouth when he was 16, was blown away how good he was!Quite agree

I quite agree. I also thought he was a tremendous young talent, I don't have the same feelings toward him like I did with Darcy and Lee, because I didn't watch him on a regular basis like I did the other two. But I agree, he was awesome at that age...,

I quite agree. I also thought he was a tremendous young talent, I don't have the same feelings toward him like I did with Darcy and Lee, because I didn't watch him on a regular basis like I did the other two. But I agree, he was awesome at that age...,

One of the smoothest young riders I ever saw was Mel taylor, his style reminded me so much of Mauger

I hope Lambert stay at Lynn, I believe the AFA is one, of only a few, in the UK that could be compared to those in Sweden and Poland. I appreciated the surface may need dressing but the shape is ideal. If Robert has high hopes of making it abroad, then riding at Lynn would of more benefit than most other tracks in the league.

But I think the reasons for leaving has nothing to do with the track, more to do with other matters..

The saying 'Never sit on an easy chair' highlight Roberts situation. cause he appears far too comfortable in the current surroundings. Probably he needs to move away to pastures new, to regenerate his enthusiasm to push his progress to a higher level...

I've said it many times before, Robert has all the ability to make it to the very top, but I don't see that happening at the moment .

maybe the new co promoter will persuade Robert to stay hopefully things will change off track with some new blood helping Buster we can only hope . Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

I look at lambert on the start line and he reminds me to much of Chris Harris looks really fat with all that protective gear on.

I look at lambert on the start line and he reminds me to much of Chris Harris looks really fat with all that protective gear on.

I like Bomber, he's a genuine character, and gives a lot of enjoyment to many supporters. He's may never be a World Champion, but he is a big crowd pleaser . Bomber and Lambert have a lot in common, Both are suspect at the gate and like nothing more than the big blast round the outside. If that is how Lambert sees himself then so be it .

I think he can be much better than that.......

Edited by GRW123

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the Stars at the moment. If this thread is not used it will again drop from the main page, and that cant be good news.

I feel so disappointed out season finishes so early, having no matches to attain and nothing to look forward to. These muppets who organise our league, appear to think, as we didn't finish near the top , then our fans don't deserve any more meetings. They only cater for those teams who are successful. Surely it wouldn't need rocket science to organise a end of season competition to keep those fans from them lower teams interested till the end of the season..

A four team Round Robin would fit the bill, or a 4 team knockout, anything would be better than we have at the moment. This sport needs as much promoting as it can get, whereas,ending the season in August is like shutting the door at the earliest opportunity...

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in the Stars at the moment.

Correct

How many people will want to turn out on cold Autumn evening to watch a nothing meeting ?

• Like 1

How many people will want to turn out on cold Autumn evening to watch a nothing meeting ?

There lies the problem these days as a speedway fan I would wrap up warm and be glad to see a few more meetings before the long winter.But I guess far to few fans feel the same these days.
  • Like 2