British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

There was no sarcasm in my post. I meant every word of it. To get rid of every rider over 6 is a diabolical idea that would kill the sport stone dead.

So, what is your suggestion for Ben Barker to do for a living? What team would you suggest for Wolves?

Well I saw plenty of sarcasm directed at Kings Lynn Stars, in your original post. Going on to say we would be the only team to benefit from such rules.

I have never agreed with all JC said in his ideas, but the fact he was prepared to come up with ideas, was to me very proactive. You obviously cherry pick the parts you don't like but miss the most important piece of the post about financial worry the sport faces. He went on to identify the massive problems the sport has, when the TV money stops next year, but all you seem interested in is what's going to happen to Ben Barker, or who is going to be riding for Wolves. It all honesty these issues are small fry and mean very little. If the sport cannot find another sugar Daddy (SKY), the sport as we now know it, will be gone forever....,

Well I saw plenty of sarcasm directed at Kings Lynn Stars, in your original post. Going on to say we would be the only team to benefit from such rules.

I have never agreed with all JC said in his ideas, but the fact he was prepared to come up with ideas, was to me very proactive. You obviously cherry pick the parts you don't like but miss the most important piece of the post about financial worry the sport faces. He went on to identify the massive problems the sport has, when the TV money stops next year, but all you seem interested in is what's going to happen to Ben Barker, or who is going to be riding for Wolves. It all honesty these issues are small fry and mean very little. If the sport cannot find another sugar Daddy (SKY), the sport as we now know it, will be gone forever....,

I think you will need pretty decent riders if you did want the likes of Sky/BT to be interested.Anything near CL level and that would definitely put paid to any money coming from TV.

Tell, at what Point would Sky be interested again in Speedway in the UK ? Think we have to accept that ship has well and truly sailed. So If Its just BT that have any interest then surely the price will reflex that its a one Horse race. I feel sure the big bucks in terms of TV and in deed Sponsor is really a thing of the past. Remember at Lynn when we had Money Centre, Banham Poultry and Jark Recruitment all as lead sponsors on the team race jacket, all throwing money at the Club. That was back in the old Premiership days. The last few years Good Old Roger has chucked in a few quid, but I would suggest it wasn't on the scale of those 3 mentioned.

JC, I am confident could confirm this, if he so wished.

Speedway cannot rely on outside money to keep rolling in to prop it up. It has to become self sufficient.

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

but all you seem interested in is what's going to happen to Ben Barker, or who is going to be riding for Wolves. It all honesty these issues are small fry and mean very little.

Wolves would be closed within 2 months. But as you say it means very little.

• Like 1

Think its time for speedway fans to wake up and face the truth - unless BT / Sky throw money at speedway and in all honesty why should or would they ? Or a major league sponsors can be found speedway as is stands isnt viable if we bury or heads in the sand and even start next season with similar team strengths and over heads as 2017 I can see clubs closing but mid summer

Edited by Haza

Lewis Kerr will be signing. Check his twitter post. Main sponsor for 2018.

Main sponsor and his already agreed contract gives nothing away

Think its time for speedway fans to wake up and face the truth - unless BT / Sky throw money at speedway and in all honesty why should or would they ? Or a major league sponsors can be found speedway as is stands isnt viable if we bury or heads in the sand and even start next season with similar team strengths and over heads as 2017 I can see clubs closing but mid summer

Why isn't it viable?

Why have the crowds continued to walk away?

If you continue to do the very things that have played a part in those fans walking away, it will never become viable. It's not rocket science, basic business!

• Like 1

Wolves would be closed within 2 months. But as you say it means very little.

Again you are taking the words out of the context of how it was written. Unless the BSPA can find a major sponsor, the sport as we know it, will be gone. Most of the clubs would cease to operate and that would include Wolves........

Some people don't seem to grasp the importance of the situation.

• Like 4

Again you are taking the words out of the context of how it was written. Unless the BSPA can find a major sponsor, the sport as we know it, will be gone. Most of the clubs would cease to operate and that would include Wolves........

Some people don't seem to grasp the importance of the situation.

I too believe that the financial credibility of the sport is in grave danger of becoming non viable. If there is no TV income and no major sponsor the %age of income via paying supporters through the turnstiles becomes significantly higher ( towards covering costs ). So it's either raise the admission fee to say £20 ( or more ) or pay riders considerably less. I believe that fans will continue to walk away if there is not major re-structuring of the sport. Or are these already financially beleaguered promoters going to be prepared to take a bigger financial hit? And how many can afford to do that? The jchapman idea with a sensible average limit is the only other way forward that I can see.

• Like 1

Tell, at what Point would Sky be interested again in Speedway in the UK ? Think we have to accept that ship has well and truly sailed. So If Its just BT that have any interest then surely the price will reflex that its a one Horse race. I feel sure the big bucks in terms of TV and in deed Sponsor is really a thing of the past. Remember at Lynn when we had Money Centre, Banham Poultry and Jark Recruitment all as lead sponsors on the team race jacket, all throwing money at the Club. That was back in the old Premiership days. The last few years Good Old Roger has chucked in a few quid, but I would suggest it wasn't on the scale of those 3 mentioned.

JC, I am confident could confirm this, if he so wished.

Speedway cannot rely on outside money to keep rolling in to prop it up. It has to become self sufficient.

Roger Warnes Transport deserves respect from us all.
  • Like 2

Roger Warnes Transport deserves respect from us all.

including the Promotion- what an insult after the Thousands of pounds Roger and Anita Warnes ploughed into the club being made to pay at the box office last season they should have been allowed free entry for life .

including the Promotion- what an insult after the Thousands of pounds Roger and Anita Warnes ploughed into the club being made to pay at the box office last season they should have been allowed free entry for life .

Not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that Roger always paid to get in??

Not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that Roger always paid to get in??

that is 100% true - have many conversation mainly with Anita who refused to pay to watch at Lynn - That is 100% true and a total disgrace.

that is 100% true - have many conversation mainly with Anita who refused to pay to watch at Lynn - That is 100% true and a total disgrace.

But if it was Roger's decision, maybe his thinking was it was the company that sponsored the club so he, as an individual, wanted to do his bit and pay?? Not sure .....