British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

I enjoyed that some good racing and a strong performance overall from the Rockets, Poole did threaten a mid meeting revival but the 5-0 was the final straw for them. Harris and Nicholls were superb as was Wells and Barker always gives 100%. Great looking start line girls too :lol:

The expected result tonight this will come down to who gets enough points at Lynn.

What a great track with great racing and good to see KK treated properly and enjoying his racing again.

Starman where are you??? How did the geriatrics get on???? Kurtz and Holder need to learn the throttle goes both ways!!!

Great looking start line girls too :lol:

They are at every meeting at Rye House. For those who missed tonights meeting and to see what you have missed then Tuesday and Friday this week plus Monday next week give you plenty of chances to enjoy the errr.... racing!

Edited by Chris116

Agree with most of that.

I'd say it was good (rather than superb) for such a one sided meeting and I thought Tatum's track assessment was pretty much spot on, it was slick but did produce some good racing.

I do like how BT don't spoil the meeting for the fans at the track. A sky meeting was always a nightmare for delays with interviews and stuff, BT let the meeting flow more or less like a non tv meeting.

Who will they show next week?

The guy doesn't like Tatum OK? :lol:

Rye House has never been one of my favorite places having witness some terrible meetings there in the past. But that was years ago. Watching that match last night I was amazed at the transformation that has happened and turned the place into a good venue to watch speedway. The track, although still too narrow in places, was very racable and provided an excellent platform for exciting races. I had always regarded this as a 'Gate and go Track' but not anymore.

Its also pleasing to see nice guys like Nichol and Bomber enjoying the racing. These guys are British Gems, who on their day they can beat the very best, but will always give their all, You never hear them complain. If only we could get rid of the 'prima-donors' . this sport would be more appealing if all riders were more like these two,

• Like 5

dont think swindon will pick rye house in the playoffs providing rye get there of course . we are just not good enough this season and dont deserve to make the playoffs still it will keep the knockers happy

Guest GiveusaB

Great match to watch, considering the big home score.....hope BT go back to RH soon !

Would love to see RH go all the way !

Great match to watch, considering the big home score.....hope BT go back to RH soon !

Would love to see RH go all the way !

What needs to be taken into consideration is that Poole did to Belle Vue yesterday what Rye did to Poole.

Rye might have looked great last night but Poole beat playoff team Belle Vue by a good margin as well just a few hours earlier.

4th place is all to play for and in Poole's hands. If we are pipped by Rye it will be well done to them.

If Rye House make the Play-Offs they will win the league I think.

They have the mix of a side who look like they would win the league in a Play Off Competition, the sleeves up attitude you need from their British contingent and that little bit of star dust sprinkled on there in Kasparzak.

Impressed by Rye House's new Polish rider, on an average that low he could put 4 or 5 points on it with someone like Middlo getting the best out of him

Impressed by Rye House's new Polish rider, on an average that low he could put 4 or 5 points on it with someone like Middlo getting the best out of him

Muddlo is Poole's biggest problem.

nobody knows the reason why but he did not fit at Poole this year he can easily go sour at rye as well7

Rye don't travel well so any talk of title win is at best optimistic.

Last nights track conditions suited Rye but when up against Swindon and BV they will struggle.

Great if they make the play offs but beyond that is a big ask as gating becomes so important.

The way Kurtz and Holder ride it's only time before they cop a serious injury,they have talent but they have ride within there capabilities,Everytime I have seen them this season they have fell off during the meeting.