British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

True but looking at the home points for and against in this week's Speedway Star Wolves are +143, Swindon +75, Belle Vue +80, Rye +47, Poole +18, Somerset +49, King's Lynn +12 and Leicester +0.

Not all teams have ridden the same number of matches and the points difference is affected by team strengths but those figures undoubtedly show that Wolves have a much bigger home advantage than any other team.

That's always been the case....

Let's be serious for a minute.

As good as swinson have been they have faced very poor teams full of guests and R/R, as soon as they come up against a decent teams full 1-7 they fell apart last night.

Be serious ? how about you start being that ...on the start of our run we beat the likes of Belle Vue Wolves etc with Doyle and Morris etc missing even thou we were massive underdogs with the bookmakers to do so. in fact v Belle vue Swindon were +16 on the hc to win ...don't start going on about riders missing guests and rr as Swindon have had as many as the next club .

Your comment is even more odd as Swindon when they so say fell apart last night were full of these guests and rr that in your opinion are so easy to beat .

• Like 3

Having given it some thought I believe the only chance Poole have of making the final is if Swindon pick us.

With Fricke returning to the Belle Vue side and with Bewley at reserve, they are just too fast for us on their big track. We did get a draw there in the A fixture but were well beaten in the B and just didn't have the pace of their riders.

Wolverhampton are too strong at home also and we won't get close enough to them.

But our boys do ride Swindon reasonably well. It's our best chance of making the final. I don't believe for a minute that we can win the title this year unless luck runs our way but we could shock Swindon over two legs. They are without doubt overwhelming favourites to make the final but there's a chance. We have nothing to fear, there's no pressure on Poole whatsoever and we can just go for it. If we fail, well we have done well in the end to have made the playoffs with this team without a number one.

Bring on those Robins!

Having given it some thought I believe the only chance Poole have of making the final is if Swindon pick us.

With Fricke returning to the Belle Vue side and with Bewley at reserve, they are just too fast for us on their big track. We did get a draw there in the A fixture but were well beaten in the B and just didn't have the pace of their riders.

Wolverhampton are too strong at home also and we won't get close enough to them.

But our boys do ride Swindon reasonably well. It's our best chance of making the final. I don't believe for a minute that we can win the title this year unless luck runs our way but we could shock Swindon over two legs. They are without doubt overwhelming favourites to make the final but there's a chance. We have nothing to fear, there's no pressure on Poole whatsoever and we can just go for it. If we fail, well we have done well in the end to have made the playoffs with this team without a number one.

Bring on those Robins!

Pretty sure Swindon will pick Poole as crowd size will be the main priority.

If looking for the most likely team to beat, then Belle Vue would probably be the pick, but it's about money.

So don't worry. You are safely into the final because you only have to beat useless Swindon. Well, unless you have a major choke of course.

• Like 1

Bring on those Robins!

What? The pre-season bookies favourites have done well to get in to the play offs? 🤔😀 Lol

You say that you drew at Belle Vue in the A fixture but were well beaten in the beaten in the B fixture? Isn't that what happened at Swindon too?

You sound like a drowning man Steve, only there are no more straws for you to clutch at.

I hope your boys are spending the weekend wisely by popping in to Halfords. They don't want to be caught short particularly as there is 25% off this weekend. They want to make sure those bicycles are in tip top condition...

• Like 1

What? The pre-season bookies favourites have done well to get in to the play offs? Lol

You say that you drew at Belle Vue in the A fixture but were well beaten in the beaten in the B fixture? Isn't that what happened at Swindon too?

You sound like a drowning man Steve, only there are no more straws for you to clutch at.

I hope your boys are spending the weekend wisely by popping in to Halfords. They don't want to be caught short particularly as there is 25% off this weekend. They want to make sure those bicycles are in tip top condition...

We are used to SS spouting off and the majority just have a good laugh and either ignore or bait him.

• Like 1

Oh right, we'll just give you the title now then

Suits me, not like Poole are going to get past SF and Cook might actually smile then! :D

Could be the loss of form of Bjerre, or as you say lack of home advantage, with Somerset and Leicester winning there. Poole's home form ain't good, so that's why most people would go Swindon-Wolves final

Ummm we just beat BV at home, so think it's pretty good now thanks. Whether it would be good enough to beat Swindon, not sure but don't think Swindon will be winning by 20 points again!

Let's be serious for a minute.

As good as swinson have been they have faced very poor teams full of guests and R/R, as soon as they come up against a decent teams full 1-7 they fell apart last night.

Poole have sneaked in after a poor run of home form but recently they are much improved and Poole always do it when it matters.

That's why I think Poole will do swindon over 2 legs. They have the experiance. Swindon have the world's best rider but that's it TBH.

Wolves need masters to quickly gain fitness. If he does then yes they could trouble belle vue but we are getting into the groove now. Home form is coming.ivnore the Leicester result. A bit of average manipulation happening there. Belle vue are the team most capable team of the 4 getting an decent result away so that's why I think we will sneak past wolves.

Then onto belle vue versus Poole, we lost by 13 last time out but bjerre was on borrowed equipment so he won't get 2 next time. And fricke will be back.

Poole won't have lahti at reserve but starke is a capable reserve. It will be a closeish final but belle vue coming out on top finally. I can all but hope.

I remember when BV last won the league, quite a few years ago now! I certainly wouldn't mind them winning the league, Swindon, Poole and Wolves have had their shares of winning the league recently, BV's time now.

Moat neutrals want Belle Vue to win. Haha very good!!!

I do FB!! But it's just cos i prefer the riders they have to Swindon and Wolves.

Well I hope Paul Starke is fully recovered from all his illness/injuries as he goes back to reserve for the play-off semis. Especially as Poole can only replace with a rider from the bottom 4 teams - so Kyle Newman anyone?!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

If that were to happen can you imagine this forum?! Ha ha ha!

Well I hope Paul Starke is fully recovered from all his illness/injuries as he goes back to reserve for the play-off semis. Especially as Poole can only replace with a rider from the bottom 4 teams - so Kyle Newman anyone?!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

Oh blimey! :D

that would be wonderful meltdown comes to mind .anyway I'm just please we gather another meeting at home or maybe two ?

Wolves have lost 54-38 and 53-40 at the NSS this season.

At home we have won 48-42 and 49-41 at the Green.

Aces would be clear favourites from those stats.

That's true but last season especially with our away form you could have said the same thing, I also think Wolves will be a completely different proposition at the NSS where we generally make things harder than they should be, Lindgren, Thorrsell, and Masters if hes fully recovered can do some serious damage at our place. Just have a feeling you could come through again, we have a habit of losing these play off things.

Edited by bellevueace

Love to see Kyle back

Paul did not do very well at Worky last night, he had a couple of efs and looked off the pace, maybe not fully recovered?

Paul did not do very well at Worky last night, he had a couple of efs and looked off the pace, maybe not fully recovered?

Hmm, maybe worth looking to see what other options are? Has he got many meetings next week to see how his fitness is?

Love to see that happen. No disrespect to Paul but we need the strongest side we can have..