British Speedway Forum
diamond_ren

Jason Doyle In This Weeks Speedway Star

He isn't asking for anything that British promoters haven't been trying to achieve for ages.

I know but if the Poles decide he can only ride in one other league, he wont be here, even though he is currently giving the impression that he will.

It's only a couple of season ago that top riders said they were suffering from burn out riding in all these countries as an excuse,what going to make them return,espiecially if Gb can't afford pay rates of other Countries .

But think on any young riders who are breaking into the Polish scene. You'll be well paid but you will have to commit to riding in only one other league.

On the down side, if your form does dip, they will drop you like a hot potato. It might be as well to maintain some kind of working relationship with other leagues and their fans.

It's only a couple of season ago that top riders said they were suffering from burn out riding in all these countries as an excuse,what going to make them return,espiecially if Gb can't afford pay rates of other Countries .

NOT all riders are the same. NKI said he was riding too much ... Doyle likes racing as much as possible. Woffinden, at present, seems to do as little as possible.

THERE is a particular company that I want to clean my windows. I called and was told that they come on a Monday or Thursday. I replied that I needed them when and as I called, on any day of the week. They couldn't comply. Do I agree to their availability or go for a company that I don't really want?

NOT all riders are the same. NKI said he was riding too much ... Doyle likes racing as much as possible. Woffinden, at present, seems to do as little as possible.

THERE is a particular company that I want to clean my windows. I called and was told that they come on a Monday or Thursday. I replied that I needed them when and as I called, on any day of the week. They couldn't comply. Do I agree to their availability or go for a company that I don't really want?

The latter and if they get behind with the work, you can issue them with a doubly quick black and white duster to catch up.

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 5

THAT'S exactly why going to set race nights is being mooted ... and Doyle is one of the riders who wants to race here. So what's your problem?

Don't be misled. Jason does not want fixed nights because it's good for British Speedway. He wants fixed nights so he can, "Pencil in his nights racing into his diary" (I read that somewhere)
  • Like 2

NOT all riders are the same. NKI said he was riding too much ... Doyle likes racing as much as possible. Woffinden, at present, seems to do as little as possible.THERE is a particular company that I want to clean my windows. I called and was told that they come on a Monday or Thursday. I replied that I needed them when and as I called, on any day of the week. They couldn't comply. Do I agree to their availability or go for a company that I don't really want?

Think attracting top men back will be difficult for financial reasons never mind trying to sort out fixed night racing ,only my opinion,speedway in GB certainly can't go on in its current shambolic state.
  • Like 1

It's only a couple of season ago that top riders said they were suffering from burn out riding in all these countries as an excuse

Another reason perhaps why fans are reluctant to hand over hard earned shillings. How do you know when a rider is trying his best, or can give his best, and that could reduce the main attraction - real racing. If you are burned out then you are not at your best.

When racing becomes a chore, the spectators suffer.

• Like 1

He isn't asking for anything that British promoters haven't been trying to achieve for ages.

and therein lies the problem!!

They've been trying to put this into operation for years, but never been able to achieve it due to real constraints re stadia. I'm sure that hasn't gone away miraculously so what has changed to think it will be achievable??

However I do agree that fixed nights would alleviate the DU/DD problem somewhat but to force 3 CL clubs to make way, to me is not in the interest of British speedway.

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance -- is it a foregone conclusion that Doyle will continue to race in Poland? If Poland dictate that their riders can only sign up for 1 other league and Doyle chooses Sweden (more dosh) why on earth would he bless Britain with his presence as he has stated that British tracks are dangerous?

• Like 1

Excuse my ignorance -- is it a foregone conclusion that Doyle will continue to race in Poland? If Poland dictate that their riders can only sign up for 1 other league and Doyle chooses Sweden (more dosh) why on earth would he bless Britain with his presence as he has stated that British tracks are dangerous?

Exactly!

It seems perfectly simple to me - not just for Speedway Riders either.

If you don't like it here 'Sod Off'.

As I said - perfectly simple.

• Like 3

Think attracting top men back will be difficult for financial reasons never mind trying to sort out fixed night racing ,only my opinion,speedway in GB certainly can't go on in its current shambolic state.

Attracting top men back?

If any promoters feels that this would entice fans back regularly they need their collective bumps felt...

Admission fees are too high now, what would they need to be to absorb this added cost?

Imagine a ten team Premiership each with a GP rider riding twice a week in each team...

That would cost approx £40000 a week (minimum) for the Sport......

A much better idea would be to collectively pay £10000 a week and get some professional company to market the sodding Sport nationally...!

GP riders are fine and may (until the novelty wears off) see an increase in crowds as those who now stay away 'drift back'. However pretty soon they will be start to become 'unavailable' for 'various' reasons and 'Guestfest' after 'Guestfest' Mickey Mouse meetings will again become the norm...

Although fans would be even more peed off than currently because then it will be 'Tai and Magic' missing not some DU'ing Championship heat leaders like happens now...

Typical Speedway vision, ie throwing money into trying to attract back the 500 or so per track that no longer go, instead of throwing money at trying to attract the 60 Million who have never even heard of the Sport which for many is on their proverbial doorstep!!..

A Crackers Business Plan...

But sadly par for the course....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 7

It seems perfectly simple to me - not just for Speedway Riders either.

If you don't like it here 'Sod Off'.

As I said - perfectly simple.

It's interesting isn't it? One half of the British Speedway World is pushing for a watered down league structure and the other half are telling the likes of Jason to bugger off. This is the first time ever that we're all (nearly) on the same hymn sheet. If you feel we should accommodate Jason's diary more fully (despite him probably not riding here next year anyway) feel free to comment.

I am a big Doyle fan but for me the BL league scene needs to balance the books and if the cream

are removed then we can regroup and plan for the future.

Edited by Sidney the robin