British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Perton Wolf

Jason Doyle

Why not go with Monday and Wednesday as no Championship club has these night's as their designated race night.

Could they not have held the Premiership riders Championship this Monday coming on BT Sport instead of holding it on a Saturday just before the Championship cut-off date (a night probably when the play-off contenders will be decided.

It won't be Wednesdays as the BSPA have a good relationship with the Danes and more Wednesday fixtures would undoubtedly see fewer Danish riders over here!! It has to be Thursdays for the Premiership and with talk of 10-12 clubs then one must assume that the likes of Ipswich and Sheffield will step up - as they have both previously stated that they are keen to do.

• Like 1

It won't be Wednesdays as the BSPA have a good relationship with the Danes and more Wednesday fixtures would undoubtedly see fewer Danish riders over here!! It has to be Thursdays for the Premiership and with talk of 10-12 clubs then one must assume that the likes of Ipswich and Sheffield will step up - as they have both previously stated that they are keen to do.

None of the better Danes will be here anyway due to the bully boy tactics of the Polish dictatorship.

• Like 1

One meeting a fortnight isn't enough for most clubs. They need regular home meetings every week.

12 team league. Home and away twice. 22 meetings plus cup and playoffs. Can't be difficult surely? Mondays and Thursdays.

? Most clubs are having 1 home meeting every 3 weeks so having one every two weeks will be much better .
  • Like 4

? Most clubs are having 1 home meeting every 3 weeks so having one every two weeks will be much better .

Agree, have run out of likes.

• Like 1

Probably still end up having double headers in August tho.

It's no good comparing us to Poland. They don't have the stadium issues we have for a start. Going to your landlord and asking for the stadium 7 times a year isn't going to be met with a favorable response.

The Poles have got the best day of the week, apart from Saturday, boxed off. The minute they move away from a Sunday the crowds are cut in three.

There's so many reasons why we can't get to Poland's level.

Their league structure just fits in perfectly with the tiresome individual competitions which clutter up every weekend and meander on for round after pointless round.

And Redcar.

Agree. What makes people think the so called big names (many of whom won't ride like that over here) will ride here just because there's only two nights? And how much money will they want? What about the riders who depend on the high number of meetings and only ride in Britain. Or are we advocating some sort of super league and others will be force into the championship? 7 home meetings, no interest from me, or the stadium landlords. I say bye bye Jason.

Hasn't fixed night speedway been talked about forever?? Why is it that it has never materialised before now if it is so easy to put into practise :unsure:

Whilst I think we all agree it would be beneficial to the sport over here, let's not have a knee jerk reaction because 1 rider "threatens" to walk away, it should be for the benefit of British Speedway, and indeed ease the DU/DD fiasco somewhat.

If as has been stated Monday and Thursday is being muted, I think that probably answers the second part of my post. Only 1 PL side races on Thursday, but 3 CL sides do, potentially putting 3 clubs out of business is hardly benefitting British Speedway is it :neutral:

Also, unless I am very much mistaken, isn't Monday the rainoff day for Poland? What happens then?

I tell you what, we'll run on Wednesday and Friday

Mr Doyle can turn the light off as he leaves.

• Like 1

I like that,been to many years since we've had a derby against our old fierce rivals.

Probably still end up having double headers in August tho.

Can't believe you put in a probably lol

Mr Doyle can turn the light off as he leaves.

No problem with that if we can't afford him, but if fixed race nights stops doubling up clashes it's got to be worth it.

No problem with that if we can't afford him, but if fixed race nights stops doubling up clashes it's got to be worth it.

My comment didn't relate to fixed race nights (which is probably a good idea) it's the arrogance of him -- do as I say or not at all. He is doing himself no favours and joining in with the ''whinging'' brigade. I have Aussie speedway friends and have spent time over there watching speedway so please don't think I'm being biased.

To be perfectly honest, this season has been the worse of any I can remember. What Jason Doyle would like in reality, is of no importance. I cannot remember a year when I have been less interested than of late. and the main reason for this is that the sport has been ruined with Guests, R/R and DU's. I cant remember the last match I went to where both teams were at full strength.

With the exception of a handful of riders, both our leagues are of equal standard, each fighting the other for major importance. We haven't the numbers to run two leagues and the sooner this is sorted the sport will have a chance to improve.. Most of the Championship sides would easily compete with Premiership, which makes the two league idea a complete joke. Swindon has conquered all before them this year, and with the exception of Doyle most riders compete in the other division as well.

Decisions have to be made to benefit the sport, so for that reason alone, we have to do away with DU's and run one major league only. One rider - One club.. Split it into North and South sections if necessary but not to run in competition against each other. To me this is more important than running on specific nights...

Opinions will say the riders needs more meetings, I say they compete in too many meetings. We have riders at Lynn who are that busy that have problems fitting in Lynn fixtures... and when they do they're so tired they put up sub-standard performances That can't be any good for rider any or the fans ....

Four paragraphs and I would like to briefly deal with each in turn.

1) Absolutely correct

2) Absolutely correct

3) Absolutely correct

4) Absolutely correct

To summarise, I agree with everything you have said. :approve:

• Like 1

But if their was less fixtures then promoters wouldn't be paying as much on rider wages.

................. and would also have less income with which to pay the subsequent inflated demands of those riders trying to achieve the same level of income from fewer meetings ............ DOH !

• Like 1