British Speedway Forum
magnus

Speedway 2018

No, don't be so ignorant. I'm talking sense. But obviously lost on you.

In real terms speedway costs less (in real terms) than it did 20 years ago. Prices have remained flat in the teens per match for donkeys years.

A round costs more than twenty quid these days. The other day I saw a guy casually put a twenty quid note in a charity box. I do have a point.

what sense and no its not lost on me hence the reason for the replies.by the way you haven't answered the u.k average wage question.a pint more than a fiver? you obviously live down south somewhere. fiver will get you at least a pint and a half up north in some establishments.

£3 ruby mild in the beacon Sedgley 6% , 3 pints and talk rubbish for £9 great value plus a packet of crisps for 65p .great night out and cheap. Best about it there's only 3 in the round. That's 2 nights out and change from £20

You can get pished on a fiver in Armadale and you are even buying the ultra expensive hair laquer.

So you're saying each drink costs £2.85. What are they drinking, coca cola? A pint of beer in a pub costs more like a fiver. So a round for 7 would be more like £30 - £35.

Let Paulco know there's pints of beer at your pub at £2.85 each - he'll be round in a flash!!

Paulco already knows, a pint of Bell Haven is £2.80, an d a pit of Tennants lager is £3.00. I bought a round for 6 on Saturday it cost £17.40 3 pints of beer and 3 pints of lager. In my favourite pub I get a pint of locally brewed REAL ALE for £3.10

what sense and no its not lost on me hence the reason for the replies.by the way you haven't answered the u.k average wage question.a pint more than a fiver? you obviously live down south somewhere. fiver will get you at least a pint and a half up north in some establishments.

Well you aint talking any - sense that is. I didn't say it cost more than a fiver, I said it in many pubs it was more than £2.85, and depending on where then it would be more like £30 for a round of 7.

No need to be pedantic, the point was simply that a round often costs more than £15 these days. And no I don't live down south. You make crazy assumptions.

I bought a round for 6 on Saturday it cost £17.40

There you go, a round costs more than £15. :cheers:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Paulco already knows, a pint of Bell Haven is £2.80, an d a pit of Tennants lager is £3.00. I bought a round for 6 on Saturday it cost £17.40 3 pints of beer and 3 pints of lager. In my favourite pub I get a pint of locally brewed REAL ALE for £3.10

So Paulco like a drink then, he is being used in a few alcohol related posts.

I get a bad rep , truth of the matter is i'm a lightweight . I had 2 pints at the speedway last week , and that has been the norm at home this season . Ok away trips are a wee bit different , especially when me and Willie go away for 2 and 3 day trips , but the fixture list doesn't allow for too many of those now .

• Like 1

Well you aint talking any - sense that is. I didn't say it cost more than a fiver, I said it in many pubs it was more than £2.85, and depending on where then it would be more like £30 for a round of 7.

No need to be pedantic, the point was simply that a round often costs more than £15 these days. And no I don't live down south. You make crazy assumptions.

There you go, a round costs more than £15. :cheers:

you said you could not get a round for £20, not £15.a round is as big as the amount of people in the round, so if there was 10 in a round it would be £30 but if only 5 in the round it would be £15, The statement about the round is ambiguous and largely irrelevant

• Like 1

In my view, the ageing supporters who complain about price, music, whatever may have some valid points, but they are not the future of the sport. By all means try to keep them onside, but kids, young adults etc are the future. We should be doing our utmost to get them along. And as I always say, I'm very happy with the demographic at Glasgow these days. Total mix from 2 to 92 and plenty of kids with their parents.

There are a good few for whom nothing in life will ever be as good as it used to be, including speedway. It's their mindset, not the world.

Your point about kids is a misnomer as at most tracks kids either pay half price or nothing at all depending on age.

No I am not in a well paid job, I am on almost exactly the average UK wage.

But I am a realist. And the realistic fact is that speedway has been in the teens of pounds per match for donkey's years. Twenty quid is worth a fiver these. I saw a guy casually put a twenty quid note in a charity box the other day - and I know he isn't wealthy either, just an ordinary guy. You're kidding yourself on - big time - if you think twenty quid is a King's ransom when the fact is that these days it isn't, A round costs more than that these days. And folk think nothing of it.

The cost per track does vary but only by a couple of quid around the average, Christ you pay more than a couple of quid for just a pint of beer, these days usually about a fiver some folk on here moan at length about paying a quid of difference. Get real ffs.

If the product is decent then people will pay good money. Let's see, find a high profile venue, maybe a national stadium, charge fifty quid and more and give it loads of razamataz. Maybe only a couple of hundred will turn up. That'll never catch on. Hold on its been done already. Yeah nobody turns up at Cardiff. Yeah right!!

The sport needs to get out of this shoestring mentality and follow the example of how the gp's were invigorated. Money is there among the paying public, they WILL spend if the product is there that's a fact. Folk do regularly spend a small fortune on a night out and they think nothing of it. And its usually by those that have average wages.

"these days usually around a fiver" do you never remember what you have posted.

Thought Wethersoons were all over the Country. I can get half pi**ed for £20 in there, & drink Coors, which is one of the more expensive lagers at £2-69 a pint !!

Loads of chat about what should be charged for admission. But unfortunately i don't believe lowering prices to what some believe will rejuvenate the sport is the answer. That's probably the one thing the BSPA don't control lol. The individual clubs running costs dictate this and many clubs probably still run at a loss.

What the BSPA do have control of, is the infrastructure of the sport and that's where i believe there needs to be a radical restructure of the sport, should we wish it continue. Its impossible to find a solution to solve all problems in one winter conference and i am not admitting i know the answers, but i think everyone will agree over the last few years speedway supporters have declined, to a point where clubs are at risk of folding. So lets try something totally different and construct a plan for the future of British Speedway.

By no means a full listing just a few I came up with

Wethers. Pijper. Garcia. Bridger. Sundstrom. Elkhof. Wallner. Covatti. Michelson. Korneilison. J.davidsson,

D.Davidsson, Buzkowski, Holder, Batchelor, Aspgren, Wilkinson, Madsen, Hume, Lebedevs, Palovaara, Hansen, Vissing, lykke ,

Karger, Bach , Thomsen, Grondal, Smolinski, Zengota, Skornicki, Dilger, Bukhave, Berge.

That's. 33 without the bigger names who may return on set nights..

Kus as well and of course Garcia, Holder and Batchelor not being sble to sign for other teams due to the transfer window.

Sunstrom fancies another go as well.

£3 ruby mild in the beacon Sedgley 6% , 3 pints and talk rubbish for £9 great value plus a packet of crisps for 65p .great night out and cheap. Best about it there's only 3 in the round. That's 2 nights out and change from £20

That a Banks's pub, Is Davenports still available