British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough V Workington C1 10/9/17

But for the only proper explanation to be given at the meeting today at Peterborough over the tannoy in a noisy stadium is less than ideal. I thought that was what the club website was for, before the meeting.

Oh, and the absence of 2 Workington riders due to injury, albeit from a meeting held last night, might have been nice to know about before the meeting.

Bit rich that,with the team panthers sent to worky,firstly it was Scott nicholls guesting then it was palm toft,then it wasn't,then Boxall, then it wasn't and ended up with roynon,lawler and rr,that takes some beating
  • Like 1

It does not matter who told Harris to ride in the grass track.

The only way to cover it is by a national league guest. Rider replacement is not an option.

Having rider replacement means a ban for Chris.

Bit rich that,with the team panthers sent to worky,firstly it was Scott nicholls guesting then it was palm toft,then it wasn't,then Boxall, then it wasn't and ended up with roynon,lawler and rr,that takes some beating

Hey, don't hold me responsible for the Panthers lack of communication or Worky's for that matter. I'm a Bees fan and should therefore be treated with some sympathy. Seriously, my point was that many clubs don't communicate well with their fans. There is no excuse with the availability of their websites, not to mention FB, Twitter or a bloody pigeon if you like. I'm fed up with being taken for granted. Team changes, absences due to injury, or riders riding in another country are all of interest and could be properly communicated in a timely fashion. Why is silence seen as being justified?
  • Like 2

Absolute nonsense. Proctor was rightfully excluded

Well it's always a matter of opinion. I was there as a neutral visiting a venue I love. The incident happened right in front of where I was and I felt it was an unnecessary 'gesture' by Holder. The nonsense was not putting all 4 back.

He shouldn't have been at the Masters. He is a speedway rider, he has a contract to ride speedway. So why is he swanning off to ride around a field with amateurs and why are Peterborough getting a facility if he is?

Where do we draw the line? It's bad enough imo you get a facility for longtrack but grasstrack? Ffs.

there were quite a few speedway riders racing on the field today, that I'd hardly call amateurs.

Well it's always a matter of opinion. I was there as a neutral visiting a venue I love. The incident happened right in front of where I was and I felt it was an unnecessary 'gesture' by Holder. The nonsense was not putting all 4 back.

The referee's view, which is virtually the same as mine, would have seen Proctor lay it down hoping for a re-run which he or she didn't buy and quite rightly he was excluded. All 4 back couldn't really be given with that view even if it was a bit more suspect looking from elsewhere.

• Like 3

The referee's view, which is virtually the same as mine, would have seen Proctor lay it down hoping for a re-run which he or she didn't buy and quite rightly he was excluded. All 4 back couldn't really be given with that view even if it was a bit more suspect looking from elsewhere.

We agree to disagree

There were quite a few speedway riders racing on the field today, that I'd hardly call amateurs.

How many of them make a living riding grasstrack?

They might be professional speedway riders. It doesn't make them professional grasstrackers u less they're earning a living from it 🙄

Edited by SCB

Is this correct answer.

Is this correct answer.

Do you mean this is|? A forum is about fair debate ,discussion and opinions. I stand by mine and respect yours.

so 51/38 . tac ride resulted in 3 extra points and no non finishers by bot teams to give an iffy result .90 points in a regular meeting , but yey 51/38 where are the

extra points ? has ged put them in his pocket ?

well done to the worky guys , maybe next time .

so 51/38 . tac ride resulted in 3 extra points and no non finishers by bot teams to give an iffy result .90 points in a regular meeting , but yey 51/38 where are theextra points ? has ged put them in his pocket ?well done to the worky guys , maybe next time .

The match result was 51-42

It does not matter who told Harris to ride in the grass track.

The only way to cover it is by a national league guest. Rider replacement is not an option.

Having rider replacement means a ban for Chris.

So what has Chris Harris supposed to do , to do the right thing as in your words he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't . Come on get real .

So what has Chris Harris supposed to do , to do the right thing as in your words he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't . Come on get real .

It would seem Chris Harris had no choice. But Peterborough Speedway did. The rules didn't allow the use of a facility.