British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

It is clear that Bjerre did nothing wrong. It was Lindgren that leaned on him, locked up, turned left, take your pick and was the cause of the accident and the race being stopped.

• Like 2

Lindgren had two riders to try and prevent passing him and tried to cover Cooks run as long as he could before realising Bjerre was almost now alongside (if not even slightly ahead but on the slower line as it meant a much tighter entrance to the bend for Bjerre)..

Hence he turned into the bend a bit sharper than probably he intended, as previously he had gone into bend three wider in all of his races to keep momentum, which is vital at the NSS..

As he cut across he and Bjerre touched meaning Lindgren locked up slightly and Bjerre's forward propulsion kept him in contact with Lindgren..

At that speed it was a risky move from Lindgren to cut across Bjerre but he obviously felt in that split second he could do it 'clean' without contact..

And let's be honest that is exactly the sort of racing we pay our money to watch...

Still think the ref got a close call wrong but you win some and you lose some...

Falling off time and time again and throwing away point after point at Monmore cost us far more than one decision last night. And we did get away with Dan locking up causing a crash at Monmore too...

Best wishes to Lindgren, these top GP lads are truly a level apart from even the 'good riders' and great to watch...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

https://twitter.com/kenneth_bjerre/status/914091321954045952

Here's the incident.

Still say it's a 50/50 call, For those saying Bjerre was ahead, impossible for Lindgren to get over him as he did if that was the case. There was room for Bjerre to have taken a tighter inside line, likewise Lindgren could have gone wider.

Shutting the door into corners is part and parcel of racing at the highest level, especially in GP's, if you are making a move up the inside you better make sure you've got a clean run as the referees do exclude the one on the inside the majority of the time. Not always correctly I might add.

Lucky not to be worse off if you ask me.

Looked like Lindgren leant over Bjerre a fraction too early to me and caused the crash. Hope Lindgren is ok and fit for the final.

Hard to truly say, but I tend to think Lindgren being at fault from that footage.

Well having viewed the footage on Twitter Lindgren was 100% at fault. Not even 10/90 Bjerres fault.

• Like 1

Well having viewed the footage on Twitter Lindgren was 100% at fault. Not even 10/90 Bjerres fault

Steve they are never going agree with you mate. Know matter what you say.

Steve they are never going agree with you mate. Know matter what you say.

I do.

cracking meeting, close racing with 2 excellent teams, could've been different with Max, but then again Wolves lost Jacob.

Hopefully Lindgren will be OK, horrid looking crash which in my opinion the ref made his decision far to early as Lindgren clearly caused the crash, that's speedway though decisions sometimes go your way and sometimes they don't.

Hope Wolves and Swindon put on a great final for all fans to enjoy

https://twitter.com/kenneth_bjerre/status/914091321954045952

Here's the incident.

Still say it's a 50/50 call, For those saying Bjerre was ahead, impossible for Lindgren to get over him as he did if that was the case. .

Really? Bjerre was ahead, Lindgren came around him and tried to clamp him but tangled with Bjerre's bike as Bjerre turned. Bjerre had nowhere to go, certainly didn't move off his line and I doubt he even saw what Lindgren was trying to do. Freddy tried a brave and decisive move but it didn't come off and he was at fault.

• Like 5

Lindgren at fault for me. Its acceptable to lean on someone but if you get it wrong you should go. Thats heat 14 at Wolves and heat 13 at Bv where Wolves riders have leaned on BV riders, got it wrong yet got re-runs.

Edited by SCB

Lindgrten at fault for me. Its acceptable to lean on someone but if you get tui wrong you should go. Thats heat 14 at Wolves and heat 13 at Bv where Wolves riders have leaned on BV riders, got it wrong yet got re-runs.

Stevebrum wont be happy, he thinks Wolves riders can do no wrong.

Lol!

When did I say Aces fans didn't boo last night?

No need to quote my post if you are a liar, ha ha!

Poor deflection.

I've already quoted it in #744.

So you don't have to admit it as it's there for all to see.

Unless it's yet another lie??

Evidenced already. Ha ha.

It is clear that Bjerre did nothing wrong. It was Lindgren that leaned on him, locked up, turned left, take your pick and was the cause of the accident and the race being stopped.

hardly clear, Bjerre got excluded! 50 50.

Stevebrum wont be happy, he thinks Wolves riders can do no wrong.

Ditto you with Aces riders. Already said it was 50 50 on footage.

Looking at it it's one of thou's when no one should go , sadly the rules don't allowed that ...I cant really see what anyone done wrong ..hard to blame the ref who is forced make a choice .