British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

The sec is re-arranged. The playoffs are not.

The play offs are rearranged. The original dates given when BT issued their schedule were later than this. I remember this because originally they didn't clash with me being away, but now they do.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 1

Lets assume it was a GP. Lets assume that the BSPA dont recognise the GP series. If Bjerre didn't ride the DMU would suspend him. Now change GP to SEC and what do you have? Ah yes, Bjerre either rides in the SEC or gets suspended by the DMU.

He can't win, whatever happens someone is suspending him or he's letting down a club/country.

I agree. It's still classed as a recognised international fixture (although not by the BSPA) and he will be damned if he does of if he doesn't.

Well considering Belle Vue will have to track a nl 6 pointer this semi is game over. Wolves fans rubbing their hands together with glee already and straight through to the final winning both legs with ease.

What a shame and waste of time this season has been.

Wolves fans won't be rubbing their hands with glee in the slightest. To be the best you want to beat the best. Taking out the Aces (stats will show they are the favourites) at full strength would set us up for the toughest challenge of beating the leagues top team in the final.

This season hasn't been a waste of time at all. Only if you haven't had a good season maybe however.

Well considering Belle Vue will have to track a nl 6 pointer this semi is game over. Wolves fans rubbing their hands together with glee already and straight through to the final winning both legs with ease.

This situation, if it pans out with Bjerre not riding for the Aces, is nothing to do with the Wolves, so kindly leave us out of it. Stirrer.😠

• Like 4

Well with Freddie winning the riders championship litle chance of Belle Vue beating Wolves anyway but certainly a lot easier without Bjerre

Well with Freddie winning the riders championship litle chance of Belle Vue beating Wolves anyway but certainly a lot easier without Bjerre

With respect FB 1 man does not make a team. Our record of two years at the NSS is poor. As for Bjerre, nothing is certain yet.

• Like 1

With a fully fit complete side we definately could beat any side over two legs, Fricke has come back well but how will Bewley go on his return from a lay off? Smith probably wouldnt have scored much probably 1 or 2 so not a great miss but losing Bjerre would hand it to Wolves on a plate. Im not up on the rules but i would have thought that as the SEC is a re arranged fixture the play off semi would now take priority? Is it down to the rider? If so he wants to remember who gave him a job when Coventry sadly closed down. If Bjerre has no choice and we cant get a guest then thats it for me a total joke, the whole season wiped out in one meeting due to British speedway being so insignificant. Its not as if Bjerre is challenging in the SEC as hes been dire during the series, ironic he missed the 2005 final due to injury and the same rider could miss another p/o meeting due to this farce. We really are not destined to do well in this system at all are we? Without a number 1 the second leg will be just a formality, glad I decided to wait on buying my ticket.

Was quite looking forward to facing Play Off Kenny actually.

• Like 2

Oh dear that would be terrible, the irony!

I agree that there shouldn't be no fixture clashes with the championship, feel sorry for worky fans

Was quite looking forward to facing Play Off Kenny actually.

It's looking highly unlikely that bjerre will ride. But belle vue management will be on the phone all day and pulling in a few favours. They have something up there sleeve that they think may sort it. If not then god knows.

We could go with a NL rider at 1 then get bjerre back for away leg.

We could get a guest or use R/R which means bjerre will get a 28 day ban but it means we can use guests in all legs

Or bjerre can not ride in SEC and ride at belle vue and probably get a ban from EMU. So he won't do that.

Just hope no fans blame bjerre as none of this is his fault.

UK speedway are the only country to not acknowledge SEC and not it's biting them in the arse and unfortunately for us it's us that have paid the consequence.

We could still win without bjerre though, cook fricke tungate Worrall and bewley could score enough points. But it's a massive task.

Could this be a watershed moment in the BSPA's stance with One Sport/SEC, which I personally have never agreed with? Their reluctance to recognise them in the way other federations do, in my opinion, hindered the development of British riders looking to make the step up from domestic to international class.

Could there be a scenario where the BSPA go to One Sport & request that Kenny Bjerre is released from SEC to ride in their high profile TV playoff fixture tomorrow night. In return for this "goodwill gesture" , BSPA will over the winter negotiate a deal with them to recognise their events from 2018, maybe even host one of their events annually moving forward. Thus giving One Sport larger UK exposure, as well as giving British riders greater opportunity to make the (difficult) step from up in class & greater exposure to competitive international racing.

Sadly I fear we'll end up with an NL guest for Bjerre, & what looked to me an exciting 50/50 contest ruined - not just for Aces fans like me, but for lovers of exciting, competitive speedway as a whole. We'll soon find out.

Edited by mikec
  • Like 4

Let's hope common sense pervails. Bjerre is in a situation through no fault of his own, I don't think BV should be punished for this. The bspa need to start recognising the speedway Euro meetings. Let our boys take part & gain experience on foreign tracks

The play offs are rearranged. The original dates given when BT issued their schedule were later than this. I remember this because originally they didn't clash with me being away, but now they do.

Only the final dates have changed (been brought forward a week), the semi's haven't changed.

if Bjerre were to be prevented from riding in Manchester on Monday due to him having signed-in to the SEC meeting then surely the same would apply to those riders also signed-in who are due to ride in Poland today?

#Letsmakeirrelevantspeedwaythatgetsintheweayoftherealsport

• Like 1

Whilst this situation is not of Kenneth's making, how it is resolved appears to be in his hands. If he has any loyalty to Belle Vue then he should make his decision as soon as possible and give us the maximum time to sort out a replacement. I am sure Mark has been in contact with the BSPA to get a ruling on what choices we have. I really is a shame that just when I looked like we can field our full team this come along.

Whilst this situation is not of Kenneth's making, how it is resolved appears to be in his hands. If he has any loyalty to Belle Vue then he should make his decision as soon as possible and give us the maximum time to sort out a replacement. I am sure Mark has been in contact with the BSPA to get a ruling on what choices we have. I really is a shame that just when I looked like we can field our full team this come along.

Its definitely not in Kenneth's hands! Either way he choose's he could get a ban, up to the authorities to sort it out.