British Speedway Forum

Oh indeed, and Simmo hiding in the Dartford Tunnel, well that was the rumour that was going around when he went missing at one point in I think 1988.

My favourite years of the Hammers being a second division club was 1990, I recall us going to Eastbourne and caning them on their own track with Troy Pratt getting a maximum, 1991 of course where we won just about everything, the late 90s when we brought through Gary Corbett and Colin Chalky White had his most successful run, then 2003 where Henning Bager joined us and became one of the most popular riders to ever don a Hammers race jacket, we also had Kylmakorpi entertaining us for fun that season.

Not so great however was the fours final at Coventry in 2002, we came so close to winning it but luck was not on our side, I was there and I still haven’t forgotten it to this day, the mood on the club coach coming home was very sombre.

You certainly did. On our visit in that season Jonas was riding racing lines I had never seen work before at AE. The best ride I ever saw there.

It was a shame how Chalkies career went after the problems he had to deal with, which just about finished a career that had suddenly picked up.

Edited by Tsunami

What would Hurry's average be

Around 3.0 sounds the button someone will press to allow for his many injuries and long years out of the sport.

Jon was on the radio a short while ago and didn't want to name some targets, but said it is pretty likely that both Zach & Ben will be in the team. He seemed keen to get the top 3 sorted first, as you would expect, and said that talks have taken place in the last 48 hours with at least 2 of the riders he wants to include.

You could well be.........wrong.

You could well be.........wrong.

I could and probably will be TonyE it wouldnt be the first time. I just had a look at his Twitter account and his recent likes were about Lakeside and Jon Cooks recent interview.

Jon was on the radio a short while ago and didn't want to name some targets, but said it is pretty likely that both Zach & Ben will be in the team. He seemed keen to get the top 3 sorted first, as you would expect, and said that talks have taken place in the last 48 hours with at least 2 of the riders he wants to include.

Just listened to it aswell, he also said if he gets the top two he wants they could dominate heats 13 and 15 or something along them lines. Pretty sure he said it will be one of the riders first time in the championship. Sounded positive on the raceway going forward aswell. Edited by liam

Just listened to it aswell, he also said if he gets the top two he wants they could dominate heats 13 and 15 or something along them lines. Pretty sure he said it will be one of the riders first time in the championship. Sounded positive on the raceway going forward aswell.

First time in the Championship ? Could that mean a certain club asset from Sweden ? I suppose technically it coukd mean Ed the Kennett who has ridden in the lower division when it was called Premier but not Championship.

Edit : Has Scotty Nic ridden in the Championship ? Didn't he guest or something in the CL last season ?

Edited by E I Addio

First time in the Championship ? Could that mean a certain club asset from Sweden ? I suppose technically it coukd mean Ed the Kennett who has ridden in the lower division when it was called Premier but not Championship.

Edit : Has Scotty Nic ridden in the Championship ? Didn't he guest or something in the CL last season ?

Pretty obvious. Its Kim Nilsson. Fill in the blanks.

Nilsson

Kennett

Lawson

Morley

Wajtknecht

Pretty obvious. Its Kim Nilsson. Fill in the blanks.

Nilsson

Kennett

Lawson

Morley

Wajtknecht

Kim used to ride for Newport in the Premier League. He has also signed to ride for a Thursday Swedish team and a Sunday Polish team.

Not so great however was the fours final at Coventry in 2002, we came so close to winning it but luck was not on our side, I was there and I still havent forgotten it to this day, the mood on the club coach coming home was very sombre.

It wasn't too somber in Berwick that day or the following weekend! :lol:

I'm thinking Lawson will be nailed on which is a good start.

Zach and Ben at reserve pretty handy as well.

I wonder who the rider Jon's referring to is?

I think Nicholls did guest in the CL last season but was never technically part of any team so it could be him.

Would be a strong top two if that were the case.

So Zack has been signed by Swindon wasnt Adam Ellis a lakeside asset as well ? now both signed by Swindon, as assets,,makes me ask what was the reasoning behind this from a Lakeside point of view ??

Edited by waco

So Zack has been signed by Swindon wasnt Adam Ellis a lakeside asset as well ? now both signed by Swindon, as assets,,makes me ask what was the reasoning behind this from a Lakeside point of view ??

Probably the need to raise money after a financially difficult 2017. Maybe it's tied up with a deal that they get Zak without paying loan fees.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

It wasn't too somber in Berwick that day or the following weekend! :lol:

I bet it was and such is my memory I can still remember the rider who won it for, Paul Bentley

The potential clue is Jon saying it will be an almost all British team or maybe he is throwing out a curved ball there?

Would love Kim to be involved though, I know some compromise might be required over dates but at this level on his average we would have the pick of almost any rider as a guest, not that I want to start having loads of guests but away from home at tracks Kim is not so familiar with it might be in our favour, wouldn’t be the first time a scenario like that has been used against us, Cough Dryml Brothers Cough