British Speedway Forum

Wednesday's or Thursdays what's the day gonna be

Should be every team monday. Home 1 week away the next. Only face each team home and away once. That would suite me

I think teams will have a choice of Monday or Wednesday to run their home meetings. Thursday-Sunday for the Championship.

7 home league meetings plus KO Cup ? Would that really be enough for the fans ? More importantly, (perhaps) would it be enough to pay the rent ?

I think teams will have a choice of Monday or Wednesday to run their home meetings. Thursday-Sunday for the Championship.

7 home league meetings plus KO Cup ? Would that really be enough for the fans ? More importantly, (perhaps) would it be enough to pay the rent ?

No ideally want more meetings than that.

No way can you run with around 15 home meetings. Not viable.

Wednesday's or Thursdays what's the day gonna be

Should be every team monday. Home 1 week away the next. Only face each team home and away once. That would suite me

7 home matches,not enough for me.With my shifts i could quite easily miss 3 of those.If there were only 4 to watch i may as well quit attending the sport in person.

If u can get less matches. Probably means more scope to get better riders. Which in return should put alot more in crowd. So less matches but double crowds hopefully

• Like 1

So the question to be asked is why have they chosen to go toe to toe with Denmark?

Its gotta be 2h 2a surely no koc that would be the best solution,ideally wanted more teams in top flight,but im guessing wed is other night as ipswich and sheffield havent moved up.

So the question to be asked is why have they chosen to go toe to toe with Denmark?

Does the Danish League every Wednesday?

I don't think it does.

Maybe the intention is to run all Monday nights for an 8 team league in the Premiership, with the option to use Wednesday when the Danes are not racing.

Matt Ford has alread stated that Poole would move race nights if they needed to. So if Poole move to Thursdays its no big deal. Pretty sure the fans would turn up regardless. But as Sheffield and Ipswich have not moved up I am guessing Mondays and Wednesdays.

I was hoping we might see an expanded top flight but it seems its as you were.

Hopefully no more guests. No more over long delays with tape infringments etc. and a decent points limit.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Does the Danish League every Wednesday?

I don't think it does.

Maybe the intention is to run all Monday nights for an 8 team league in the Premiership, with the option to use Wednesday when the Danes are not racing.

It doesn't no, and they also run occasionally on a Friday. We will still need to broker a deal with them though. Work alongside not against. Edited by acef

I can't see it would matter to Poole if it was a Thurs instead of a Weds. I think we did a Thurs at home vs Rye House last season?

Matt Ford has alread stated that Poole would move race nights if they needed to. So if Poole move to Thursdays its no big deal. Pretty sure the fans would turn up regardless. But as Sheffield and Ipswich have not moved up I am guessing Mondays and Wednesdays.

I was hoping we might see an expanded top flight but it seems its as you were.

Hopefully no more guests. No more over long delays with tape infringments etc. and a decent points limit.

i do believe we are racing weds nights next season