British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Charity Shield 2nd leg 22/03/18 Swindon - Belle Vue

19 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not really bothered by the result of this early season opener.  The aim of tonight is for the riders to get match fit, get more time on track for their setups and to clear away the winter cobwebs.

I didn't think it would be close at BV and that's how it turned out.  The same could happen tonight! Swindon's 1-5 are fine and should outscore the opposition - just need the reserves to have a confidence building good meeting.

The important goal is to be ready for their first league meeting!

The other night Zach/Davey got 7 between them compared to 10 between Bewley/Etheridge Zach i believe can be a powerful reserve at home i would be happy with the minimum 8/ 10 points between them most weeks.

I am really looking forward to tonight i think it will be a narrow home win for the Robins Fricke at his best can fly around the Abbey and it will be interesting to see how Drozdz fares.The crowd is very hard to predict and it will be bloody cold (The Abbey the coldest in Swindon) so i recon it could be between 1,900 - 2,200. ?  i hope everyone enjoys there night.

14 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Fantastic for The Aces on winning the 2nd leg and the Charity Shield without turning a wheel.

Luckily, the meeting isn’t raced on this forum and a timely reminder for those Aces fans is that last season the Robins minus Doyle won by 6 points against a full strength Aces team. RR garnered a measly 6 points so I think the chat is somewhat misplaced.

If RRRohan Tungate decides to get his act together then the Aces have a chance but Cook is average at Swindon and Swindon’s top 3 will sort him out.

I  fancy the Robins to be too strong and to win by 10.

And Belle Vue won the opening meeting at Swindon last year with Doyle.

• Like 1

I think the Robins will win this fairly comfortably. Drozdz is going to need time to settle in, i also think Tungate is going to have to improve his away form this season as he wasnt that convincing last season. Cook does seem to struggle a bit at Blunsdon, it will be interesting to see how Etheridge goes too. Davey rode well at our place so im interested to see how he goes tonight, both sides need a few meetings to get up to speed, thats why im giving this a miss and coming down for the league match in May. Hope its a good meeting for you all tonight and you dont freeze too much 

• Like 2

Definitely looks like I misjudged Davey.  He really is up for this challenge in the top league - hope he maintains this form!  He could turn out to be a very shrewd signing rather than the cannon fodder I expected him to be.  Glad to be proved wrong!

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Definitely looks like I misjudged Davey.  He really is up for this challenge in the top league - hope he maintains this form!  He could turn out to be a very shrewd signing rather than the cannon fodder I expected him to be.  Glad to be proved wrong!

To think he struggled in the 2nd tier last season & has no spot this year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Could be a paid max.I bet he's buzzing.

Just checked.I think i jinxed the lad  :neutral:

Edited by Bald Bloke

25 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Was going to post something similar......very early days of course and little should be read into these two legs but he can feel very satisfied with his week's work.

29 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

And I think you'd struggle to find anyone that would disagree with you either! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

And I think you'd struggle to find anyone that would disagree with you either! 

Oh I could think of a few (Poole fans) :wink:

• Like 1

Good to get a few meeting under the belt before the league campaign starts, have to say Davey looks like he’ll go ok, if we can score like at home most meetings we’ll be fine.

Well done, Mitchell. Shovlar and a few others can eat humble pie for a week or two, especially with the Pirates cracking up before a wheel has turned! :)

Week done to the Robins, a good solid performance in both legs.  

For the Aces a better performance from Tungate, it looks as if he has sorted his ignition problems.  We just need to get Bewley going and give Drozdz time to settle. Far too early to make any firm judgements

• Like 2

Heat 12 tells you everything you need to know about tonight’s spectacle.