British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

25•07•18 - Premiership - Kings Lynn v Swindon -

1 hour ago, Gresham78 said:

Considering a number of the Robins riders are carrying injuries and Zac was just returning from one the team did pretty well. I think with a fully fit team the Budgies could have won it. 

Lambert aside (who's different class at the moment) KL are nothing special.

Other than Jack Smith I'm with Rosco in not making any changes. It's good to have some continuity in the side and you can actually identify with a set of riders.

If we don't make the play offs so what? Things aren't going as well as last season but let's see if these lads can turn it around.

Defeatist attitude 

I appreciate both teams lost a reserve rider, but I am no doubt that it benefitted Swindon more than it did Lynn.    I believe the top 5 of the Robins is more than strong enough but there are not enough points available to have a strong 1 to 5 and decent reserves,     Rosco choice the former..     To strengthen the reserves, I believe  he will have to get rid of one of his better riders..

1 hour ago, Gresham78 said:

Considering a number of the Robins riders are carrying injuries and Zac was just returning from one the team did pretty well. I think with a fully fit team the Budgies could have won it. 

Lambert aside (who's different class at the moment) KL are nothing special.

Other than Jack Smith I'm with Rosco in not making any changes. It's good to have some continuity in the side and you can actually identify with a set of riders.

If we don't make the play offs so what? Things aren't going as well as last season but let's see if these lads can turn it around.

Would agree with this, although I don't think any team in the league are anything special at the moment. Robert apart we are far to inconsistent and have now lost the benefit of Lewi's big scores at reserve. Several riders are going to have to raise their games if we are to do anything in the Play Offs, should we get there of course.

Good to see Simon Lambert proving people wrong for the umpteenth time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

"One swallow does not a summer make"

Genuine question, do you EVER stop moaning!!!!

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

"One swallow does not a summer make"

poole meeting was alright too close racing even though no passing. been quite a few good meetings this season. 

17 hours ago, tellboy said:

Awesome was the word i was thinking,you would pay your money to watch that every day of the week.We would be lost without him though.Wish Iversen could get back on it again though.I keep thinking with every match he will be coming back to form.But for some reason or another he just can't seem to get there.

I really think Robert will be the next big thing in British speedway. I don't think he gets all the plaudits he deserves whilst lesser riders who do well in one GP just seem to have to put their Kevlars on to get people raving about them.

In football terms Robert was unplayable last night and really put on a display. I notice he's top of the SS averages and it's clear to see why. I really enjoyed watching him race yesterday  and I genuinely hope he goes on to fulfill his massive potential. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

Genuine question, do you EVER stop moaning!!!!

Yep, my last 2 posts if you read them. Do you stop moaning, especially about something there is no reason to moan about?!?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Good to see Simon Lambert proving people wrong for the umpteenth time.

He's never gonna pull up trees but at home he will cause upsets. Winning home meetings are of the up most important to making the Play-Offs and he's delivered, far more so than Andersen. It helps the team massively that he can gate, even if he ends up at the back he can certainly help the team get 3-3's by just being a nuisance out the gate.

I hope the club keep Simon for the remainder of the season 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

He's never gonna pull up trees but at home he will cause upsets. Winning home meetings are of the up most important to making the Play-Offs and he's delivered, far more so than Andersen. It helps the team massively that he can gate, even if he ends up at the back he can certainly help the team get 3-3's by just being a nuisance out the gate.

I hope the club keep Simon for the remainder of the season 

I hope they get Stefan Nielsen if fit very soon.

• Like 1

I'm more worried about Garrity tbh. He's not fit, with that broken bone in his hand.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Forgive me for being sceptical, but from experiences in the past, I have reasons to believe there is something in the saying of Poole's secret army.   Once a Pirate always a Pirate.    So this talk of Kyle Newman as a temp guest ,   worries me !!!.       

There is no doubting his ability, and has more than most proved what an asset he can be in important matches when scoring invaluable points for Poole in the Play-Off's .     I will be hoping by the way he has been dropped, his loyalty to Matt Ford has been shot to bits and he is looking for a new club to resurrect his career .     He would always get my vote when making comparison with Garrity,   who to me is always in the wars.... For a  team to be successful you needs riders who you can rely on ,    and somehow  I don't see that in Garrity...

If Newman  goes well in his 2 guest appearances,    Would he have  an opportunity to replace Garrity on a permanent  basis.. ???

Kyle will be fine

• Like 1

Am sure Kyle will put 100% into his riding I still think he should be at Poole

• Like 1

13 hours ago, g13webb said:

when making comparison with Garrity,   who to me is always in the wars.... For a  team to be successful you needs riders who you can rely on ,    and somehow  I don't see that in Garrity...

Garrity has turned out to be as several predicted -"always in the wars" and as far as I am concerned is not someone who can be relied on.

He seems to be always overriding and although his self-belief is good to see, you need the ability to back up those racing aspirations.