British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: TV meeting : Mon 30-07-2018

1 hour ago, The Stag said:

The reserves will be changed, but it'll be Garrity and Andersen coming back in.

Although they are better than we had last night,   neither fills me with much confidence....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

When you consider how much work is involved when changing the fences from Speedway to Stock-Car,  I imagine it would take some considerable time and effort.  My issue here is that if they are prepared to go to that extent everytime,   why not change the shale as well.   We are all of the understanding that the shale used is crap,  and the speedway suffers  and does nothing in creating good racing.    Forgetting Belle Vue,   I believe  the AFA is way better than anywhere else in the country ,  in staging the sport,  but constantly being rubbished by the racing it dishes up, and that's a shame.  

No, last night wasn't anything special,  it was the score that kept it interesting rather than the racing.    For the first time for ages the meeting flowed quite quickly and easily finished by 9.30.  Amazing what can be achieved when the cameras are there.     

That's the thing that's drove me bonkers, the AFA can be and should be a special place to watch Speedway. Unfortunately the place has gone delusional, people just don't see no wrong. Anyone to call last night a good meeting clearly doesn't understand what Speedway's all about.

I dare some to fill in their programme one week after the first 2 corners and see if much changes.

It is a fact that the racing is very boring 90% of the time, we have an owner and a track curator who's delusional over what is being delivered to the public as entertainment. 

I think the racing now at the AFA is that bad, I'd be more entertained watching Speedway at Lakeside.

• Like 2

I see that Daniel has had a reply from Dale on Twitter regarding Riss, unfortunately he can't be bothered to travel down from Edinburgh to race in the Premiership.

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's the thing that's drove me bonkers, the AFA can be and should be a special place to watch Speedway. Unfortunately the place has gone delusional, people just don't see no wrong. Anyone to call last night a good meeting clearly doesn't understand what Speedway's all about.

I dare some to fill in their programme one week after the first 2 corners and see if much changes.

It is a fact that the racing is very boring 90% of the time, we have an owner and a track curator who's delusional over what is being delivered to the public as entertainment. 

I think the racing now at the AFA is that bad, I'd be more entertained watching Speedway at Lakeside.

I doubt that  :D

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I see that Daniel has had a reply from Dale on Twitter regarding Riss, unfortunately he can't be bothered to travel down from Edinburgh to race in the Premiership.

Thank you for sharing that with us, really. We often hear nothing of "why or why not". Assuming that that is what Riss said ( perhaps he talked about it differently but meant the same! )

Apart from Lynn fans, who understandably enjoyed the win,

if anyone thought that was "a good meeting", Speedway is in big trouble ..

Can't remember one pass of any note ?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Thank you for sharing that with us, really. We often hear nothing of "why or why not". Assuming that that is what Riss said ( perhaps he talked about it differently but meant the same! )

Hes a regular for Edinburgh, so at least he is being honest about not wanting top flight speedway. 

Id say if Iversen was on his game this season, Lynn would be one of the favs for the title. Having a 9+ number one averaging about 7 certainly isnt ideal. 

Maybe he is just getting on now and had one knock too many .

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Apart from Lynn fans, who understandably enjoyed the win,

if anyone thought that was "a good meeting", Speedway is in big trouble ..

Can't remember one pass of any note ?

As I’ve not attended a meeting at KL for over a year now I saw absolutely nothing last night to make me want to return unless you like gate and go racing - the track the racing is so poor to how it used to be it was possibly the best in the UK - not now though.

On a slightly different note can I ask is Hot Laps still a regular attraction each meeting or has it been scrapped as not seen it mentioned in ages . 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Haza said:

As I’ve not attended a meeting at KL for over a year now I saw absolutely nothing last night to make me want to return unless you like gate and go racing - the track the racing is so poor to how it used to be possibly the best in the UK 

Be fair Haza there were four splendid laps of team riding by Robert Lambert, doubt his namesake would have got a point in that race without it. Got a bit annoyed at Pearson saying Woffy taught him how cos I remember Robert team riding quite often and have hardly been to Lynn for three years.

Apart from that I agree with you. Not sure how much it is to get in nowadays but must be £3 an overtake at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Did you see the Swindon match last week?

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Be fair Haza there were four splendid laps of team riding by Robert Lambert, doubt his namesake would have got a point in that race without it. Got a bit annoyed at Pearson saying Woffy taught him how cos I remember Robert team riding quite often and have hardly been to Lynn for three years.

Apart from that I agree with you. Not sure how much it is to get in nowadays but must be £3 an overtake at least.

Is that what Nigel said, soooooo wrong, Robert has always team rode because he's always had the skill to do so from a young age :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Yes that was a great ride from Robert I agree sorry for my oversight -I believe it’s £18 to get in . I guess a win is a win and it has kept the Stars in the hunt of a play off place but the entertainment value was poor apart from that one race . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Is that what Nigel said, soooooo wrong, Robert has always team rode because he's always had the skill to do so from a young age :D

So as a die hard fan Trees is the Hot Laps still a regular attraction? Or has it been scrapped? 

2 minutes ago, Haza said:

So as a die hard fan Trees is the Hot Laps still a regular attraction? Or has it been scrapped? 

Why? :D