British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset PL 5th September, 2018

8 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

If someone sets up a funding page and others support it and contribute then that is down to them.  If you choose not to contribute then that is down to you but banning them is OTT imho.

Well said, exactly the same as giving to charity. Personal choice.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Agree, and the amount raised so far since the gofundme page was set up says it all.

Now his injuries are known to not be life threatening or career ending these funding pages are way way over the top. We ALL know injuries happen and are expected in this sport. It's par of the course.

Yes we are sorry for Dan as we are for any other rider, but unless injuries are life changing, these funding pages should be banned and used for what they were originally designed for. 

It's even worse though that some rider's use these funding sites for buying equipment. 

Best wishes to Dan and he comes back stronger in 2019.

You're entitled to your opinion but nobody forces anybody to contribute and obviously a lot of people have decided that they want to help and support Dan. It's entirely up to you if you don't.

Those contributing are not causing any harm or problem to those who don't wish to so why would you want to deny them that opportunity. These days too many people want to force their opinions on those who disagree and this seems to be another example.

52 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

You're entitled to your opinion but nobody forces anybody to contribute and obviously a lot of people have decided that they want to help and support Dan. It's entirely up to you if you don't.

Those contributing are not causing any harm or problem to those who don't wish to so why would you want to deny them that opportunity. These days too many people want to force their opinions on those who disagree and this seems to be another example.

I'm gonna give this funding thing a bash myself then, due to ill health I've had to give up my job of 25yrs service. See if I can get others to pay for my lifestyle.

23 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm gonna give this funding thing a bash myself then, due to ill health I've had to give up my job of 25yrs service. See if I can get others to pay for my lifestyle.

Why not give it a go, I mean you're such a compassionate fella with a benevolent attitude, surely people will be queuing up to help you out in your hour of need.  As others have said it's all about choice, don't want to give, don't give, it's that simple.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Will there be any discount on tickets tonight as it is a tv meeting?

No. But if you take the rained off programme with you, you get a free insert. :D Belle Vue have decided that it isn't commercially viable now that the Sky money isn't on offer. They do lots of advertising on social media so we'll have to see what the crowd is like.

Edited by Aces51

30 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

No. But if you take the rained off programme with you, you get a free insert. :D Belle Vue have decided that it isn't commercially viable now that the Sky money isn't on offer. They do lots of advertising on social media so we'll have to see what the crowd is like.

You can't beat a free insert!!

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I bet it's riddled with mistakes to.  :)

Edited by Phil The Ace

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Will there be any discount on tickets tonight as it is a tv meeting?

No club has discounted televised meetings this year - as I’m sure you are aware!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Depends what shes like !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No club has discounted televised meetings this year - as I’m sure you are aware!

Oh I thought they had, it was a serious question.

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You only have to look at last night results to realise teams are not pulling out all the stops.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Is that enough to make them pull out all the stops?

I am concerned that "it" ( the lack of pulling out all the stops ) may be catching. Poole came to King's Lynn and were certainly not "stop pulling" and then the Stars are infected and look what happens. Will it be Somerset tonight?

4 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am concerned that "it" ( the lack of pulling out all the stops ) may be catching. Poole came to King's Lynn and were certainly not "stop pulling" and then the Stars are infected and look what happens. Will it be Somerset tonight?

I hope not or there will be a lot of telly's going off before 9.

12 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Theres a joke in there :approve:.. It's a bit weird at the mo. I like a bet but with these funny results, who knows what kind of result we can expect .

• Like 1