British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Poole v King’s Lynn Premiership Grand Final 1st leg 08/10/18

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

Probably because we have never been regarded as winners, it is assumed we haven't got the fight and determination to succeed against a seasoned winners like Poole.    But I don't get this crap.   Whatever Poole have achieved in the past has nothing to do with the team the have now.   The only remaining members are Middlo and Ford and they don't even ride a bike.    Looking back the over the recent years, this must be one of the worse Poole teams I can remember.   The only problem we should be concerned about would be their  track, but apart from that  we should be really confident of doing well.     I will be disappointed and surprised if we lose the first leg by more than 3 or4 points.

We finished 10 pts clear of Poole in the league,  (that's more than 3 match results better)  yet fans and posters on here talk as though they have some divine right to always win...    Bomber magical win in heat 15  hides the embarrassment of losing to a severely weakened Somerset team.   Had they had a full team,  Poole wouldn't even had reached the final.      

This is probably the best team Lynn have had for many a year,  and represents a wonderful opportunity to get our name on that  trophy.  Our close, united team with loads of spirit has more than enough  strength to win this, ……..  Both teams are made up of predominately  Championship  riders,   the main difference is that Lynn have 2 world class riders in Niels and Lambert to spearhead the team .     On a good day we will win with points to spare.

A person who talks about a  14 point deficit, watches a different teams than the one  I see...….

I can assure you I watch the same teams as you and everyone else. The team have been excellent this season and shown plenty of heart, no doubt about that.

Poole has shown some heart in the play offs too. I guess I just see things different to you. It's not that I don't want Lynn to win, id' love them to stick one up the Pirates, home and away, but I say it as I see it, and imho I think Klindt and Josh will score strongly and Lynn's engine room haven't been going great away lately. 

I also think Poole's reserves will out score Lynns.

I agree about Lynn have a good top 2.. I expect Lambo to score around 12 from 5 and NKI, anything from 8 to 10 from 5. I hope its 15..But anything can happen, you only have to look at Last Mondays meeting..

To  be disappointed if Lynn don't get to within 3-4 points of the Pirates at their gaff is very optimistic, but that's just my opinion. I hope i'm wrong and you are spot on;) 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, your clearly  wearing blinkers mate. Not everybody can take a day of work willy nilly, and not everybody has a spare £100 floating around. People have to work mate, there is such a thing as bills to be paid, We are all not Art conniseurs like you. I have spoke to many many poole fans who used to go on a weekly basis, but can now no longer afford to. Peterol and Deisal are as high as they have been for years, Gas Electric going up all the time, i could go on and on mate. And im very sure that many KL fans can tell the same storry, unless you use a credit card...

What part of “I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day” didn’t you understand?

You need to re-read my post.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What part of “I can understand fans from Poole or KL not travelling to the away meeting as it is a day off work and £100 plus for the day” didn’t you understand?

You need to re-read my post.

I read your post, and to my knowledge its a normal working day not a bank holiday. People cannot take time off willy nilly.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I read your post, and to my knowledge its a normal working day not a bank holiday. People cannot take time off willy nilly.

Locals don't need time off unless they do shift work. 

• Like 1

Going back to KL promoting the playoffs, there has been a lot of coverage in the local media as I follow some of them on Twitter and there was been a lot of links to articles. Good to see! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fixer2 said:

Hopefully the £££ increase will enable Matt to have 2 ambulances on site this week, sitting on hard wooden benches for 75 minutes listening to 80's records and bloody Nigel speak gibberish  is not the way to win the crowds back.

BT would not have been amused with 75 minutes of dead air time, thankfully the double header came to the rescue...

Just us the mug punters who took the fall!

Nigel and Kelvin do a good job .I do agree need better medical cover though 

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

Nigel and Kelvin do a good job .I do agree need better medical cover though 

Costs money ray.  But as i said in another thread which you have read and i have no need to go over it again.  IF Poole Cas gets downgraded then there will definately have to be two Abulances at Poole. Otherwise you could, face an abandoment.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Fixer2 said:

Hopefully the £££ increase will enable Matt to have 2 ambulances on site this week, sitting on hard wooden benches for 75 minutes listening to 80's records and bloody Nigel speak gibberish  is not the way to win the crowds back.

BT would not have been amused with 75 minutes of dead air time, thankfully the double header came to the rescue...

Just us the mug punters who took the fall!

Am I right in thinking that usually when the tele is doing a double meeting, they have a big screen at both venues for the fans to keep up to date of what's going on.    We ware fortunate at the AFA as we benefit of a big screen installed on the 1st and 2nd bends enabling us to see the other meeting.      I never gave it a thought that Poole was any different and were watching the Lynn semi, when waiting for the ambulance to return, but apparently not......      To hang about waiting for over an hour is, like you say , not the best way to encourage new supporters... when with a little bit of forethought, would have benefitted this situation....

42 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You need to read Steve’s post again. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Costs money ray.  But as i said in another thread which you have read and i have no need to go over it again.  IF Poole Cas gets downgraded then there will definately have to be two Abulances at Poole. Otherwise you could, face an abandoment.

So how much would a second st johns ambulance cost? 

Iversen has just crashed in Poland. High sided. Ambulance on track. I genuinely hope he is OK.

Iverson down following a first bend crash at Gollob's big do, hope he is ok

Sorry for the echo Steve beat me to it

Edited by Fixer2

Stretchered into ambulance. He came down quite hard on his collarbone.