Shaggy

Leicester 2019

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/11/2019 at 6:21 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Perks is with the Senior side.
Leicester have Hume, Terry-Daley and the Thompson Twins in the 4s

Do they sing as well?

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

The second Swedish Victor of the current era. 

Did Peter Ljung suggest him as a Lions signing after his short stint at BP in 2014?

Probably not no, victor was at Glasgow when Stewart was there. 

Great lad is victor hope he does well.

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Do they sing as well?

Dr Dr Please!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Dr Dr Please!

Not to mention Roger the Cabin Boy.

So I won't. Just Captain Haddock

8 hours ago, nightshift said:

LEICESTER are set to bring in Swedish racer Victor Palovaara to ease their injury problems.

Palovaara, who was recently released by Edinburgh as part of a double team change, will be joining the Lions in place of the injured Josh Bates.

Manager Stewart Dickson said: “I believe Victor will be a welcome addition to our team and I feel he will be suited to riding the Leicester track.

“I have worked with him before and his equipment is immaculate and he is a very capable rider.

“It’s also appropriate to mention Josh Bates, who proved so many doubters and experts wrong when he came back to race for us this year and increased his average by over a point.

“We wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him again in Lions colours

Does anyone know what average he is coming in on?

8 hours ago, RS50 said:

Who is Gemini?

A fair minded and intelligent poster who has been on the forum for MANY years. She is sadly missed and I hope she returns soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know what average he is coming in on?

His average was 6.42 when he was  released by Edinburgh last week. But with the new averages being released anytime now ( calculated on the 23rd of the month), he could well have a different average which will be in effect from the 1st of August. But will start with 6.42 for the 2 meetings against Glasgow.

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, iainb said:

Dr Dr Please!

Was that not UFO?

1 hour ago, stevethelion said:

His average was 6.42 when he was  released by Edinburgh last week. But with the new averages being released anytime now ( calculated on the 23rd of the month), he could well have a different average which will be in effect from the 1st of August. But will start with 6.42 for the 2 meetings against Glasgow.

Thanks!

Hopefully Victor will be a good signing for the Lions and can strengthen the middle order of the team up. Although Leicester fans will have to wait to see him in action as it’s the Swedish final this weekend which he is riding in but as a National final a guest is available 

11 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Hopefully Victor will be a good signing for the Lions and can strengthen the middle order of the team up. Although Leicester fans will have to wait to see him in action as it’s the Swedish final this weekend which he is riding in but as a National final a guest is available 

Is he riding at Glasgow on Friday then?

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

I thought you couldn't get a guest for a rider that hasn't ridden for you 

12 hours ago, MD said:

Is he riding at Glasgow on Friday then?

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I thought you couldn't get a guest for a rider that hasn't ridden for you 

I don't think Mr Dickson came up the Clyde on a banana boat!      

Pavlova won't have been added to Leicester's 1-7 yet, and Josh Bates will be in the programmes over the weekend (with r/r in operation).

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Pavlova won't have been added to Leicester's 1-7 yet, and Josh Bates will be in the programmes over the weekend (with r/r in operation).

That only gives Ryan Douglas a ride as the rider above and Ellis Perks and the reserves below. Not quite panic stations.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

So I was right, you can't get r/r for a rider that hasn't ridden for you. By the way, calling Victor pavlova isn't funny anymore (not sure it was in the first place) and is the sort of thing a lazy 'journalist' would do 

• Sad 2