British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

It just shows how poor the security has been

Certainly a different appearance, compared to when the Ochiltrees handed the stadium over to Sandu! Nuff said!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skodaman said:

It just shows how poor the security has been

These type of trespassers are not the problem. They do highlight how easy it was to walk in. The main stand is stuffed , however turn the track  around 360' put the start line on the back straight and move on.

6 hours ago, heathen52 said:

and existing planning permission.

Much of the site will probably have to be demolished and made safe before any thoughts of speedway returning. I wish all those fighting the cause good luck because speedway needs a thriving Coventry.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

Certainly a different appearance, compared to when the Ochiltrees handed the stadium over to Sandu! Nuff said!  

Who owns the stadium and site now is it still Mr Sandu or has he moved it on? 

7 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Who owns the stadium and site now is it still Mr Sandu or has he moved it on? 

Where have you been for the last 6 years ??  Brandon Estates a Jersey based company own it and have hardly been out of the news in that period.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Where have you been for the last 6 years ??  Brandon Estates a Jersey based company own it and have hardly been out of the news in that period.

Indeed, but does no one still know who is actually behind Brandon Estates Ltd?

2 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Indeed, but does no one still know who is actually behind Brandon Estates Ltd?

Save Coventry Speedway might just know, but if they do they are rightly keeping it to themselves.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

That’s what I mean is Mr Sandu behind Branden Estate Co Or has he sold out and moved on?

44 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

That’s what I mean is Mr Sandu behind Branden Estate Co Or has he sold out and moved on?

There is an article dated 2nd May, 2018, which does suggest Avtar Sandhu sold the land to Brandon Estates. I don't think he is still involved. Although I mentioned the Ochiltrees in an earlier post, looking at the background of the stadium's ownership, I think the family were promoters only, not owners. I'm sure I will be corrected if that's wrong. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

There is an article dated 2nd May, 2018, which does suggest Avtar Sandhu sold the land to Brandon Estates. I don't think he is still involved. Although I mentioned the Ochiltrees in an earlier post, looking at the background of the stadium's ownership, I think the family were promoters only, not owners. I'm sure I will be corrected if that's wrong. 

I could be wrong but i thought Brandon was an Ochiltree family business trading as Midland Sports Stadiums ltd. They also owned Blackbird Road Leicester.

29 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I could be wrong but i thought Brandon was an Ochiltree family business trading as Midland Sports Stadiums ltd. They also owned Blackbird Road Leicester.

I think you are right, it looks like I have mis-interpreted an article. I found the following:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/00320157/MIDLAND-SPORTS-STADIUMS-LIMITED/companies-house-data#google_vignette

33 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You're correct.  The Ochiltree family (Midland Sports Stadiums Ltd) owned Brandon and Blackbird Road.  They sold Leicester to Barratts for housing in 1984.

They sold Coventry Stadium to Avtar Sandhu (Coventry Stadium Ltd/ Coventry Greyhounds Club Ltd / Coventry Racing Club Ltd) in 2002 

Around 2013 there were rumours that Coventry City FC were buying the stadium, but also HMRC put a block on Sandhu selling the stadium as they claimed Sandhu bought it with the help of a criminal business partner who had been convicted of money laundering and organised crime.

Sandhu eventually sold the stadium in 2016 to a Jersey company Brandon Estates Ltd.   (I have no idea who is behind Brandon Estates Ltd - someone must know)

Mick Horton was trying to lease the stadium for Speedway from them to continue in 2017.  I think Sandhu tried to lease back the running of Greyhounds too.  This fell through and Sandhu apparently broke into the stadium and allegedly stole fixtures and fittings.  Brandon Estates Ltd contacted the police and claimed no one could now run Speedway or Greyhounds at their stadium as it was an active crime scene.

That's how I remember it.

• Like 1