British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Thank God for Oxford is all I can say... a lot of the SCS evidence points to the success of the Oxford return!

Looking more and more like a trump card.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, midlandred said:

Remind me, please, who is Edie?

I think he's the guy Brandon Estates have employed to carry out the feasibility study into whether Speedway & Stox are viable or not... sounds like he's finish off what somebody else started

• Like 1

Just now, iainb said:

I think he's the guy Brandon Estates have employed to carry out the feasibility study into whether Speedway & Stox are viable or not... sounds like he's finish off what somebody else started

The 'surface scratcher', as I've come to think of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midlandred said:

He is a Sports and Leisure consultancy that uses Sport England And various football playing field directives, which are all based on participation numbers rather than spectating numbers.

His report should be torn to shreds its so full of holes and inaccuracies.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He is a Sports and Leisure consultancy that uses Sport England And various football playing field directives, which are all based on participation numbers rather than spectating numbers.

His report should be torn to shreds its so full of holes and inaccuracies.

Consultants. Wouldn't pay 'em in buttons.

I would just like to say thanks to the forum members who are looking in to the proceedings and keeping us aware of what is going on.:t:

I watch a bit when able, but, like others, miss large sections and are not aware sometimes who is actually questioning and responding.

Can't believe that they've spent nearly 3 days debating 3G pitches!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, midlandred said:

Just to add he’s the guy who has been asked why his report contradicts Phil Morris’s assessment of British Speedway. His reply “I haven’t read it”. Then told you’ve had this for two years, we’ll remind you of your company’s values of accuracy and integrity.

Thank you Mr Edie for helping British Speedway lol 

And his response to the question around Clarke Osborne’s involvement in Swindon Speedways revival. “ You’ll need to ask him I’ve never met him .”

I didn't catch all of today's proceedings - I watched from around 10.45am, but got a real feeling that the SCS guys scored very well picking gaping holes in Mr Eadies report (which incidentally he only edited as the legwork was done by someone else in the office!).

The inquiry is due to go on til at least Thursday, with 'summing up' scheduled for Friday, which may go into the following week.

Matt Ford is due to fly in to speak on Wednesday(27th) and Clark Osborne at 0930 on Thursday (28th).

The final input today was the Council's Labour Cllr who 100% confirmed their cross-party intention to save Coventry Speedway and Stadium. Good to hear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The 3g is an interesting one. My local football club invested heavily in a a pitch which generates a decent income (95 kwid for a quarter of the pitch) but clubs soon realised that it was non starter unless the weather was freezing, and then they cancelled training because the car park etc, was unsafe. Nearly all training takes place at local parks/pitches unless it's freezing because it's so much cheaper. Like everyone says, there's no spectators, just players. But it's certainly not the cash cow people think it is... 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I didn't catch all of today's proceedings - I watched from around 10.45am, but got a real feeling that the SCS guys scored very well picking gaping holes in Mr Eadies report (which incidentally he only edited as the legwork was done by someone else in the office!).

The inquiry is due to go on til at least Thursday, with 'summing up' scheduled for Friday, which may go into the following week.

Matt Ford is due to fly in to speak on Wednesday(27th) and Clark Osborne at 0930 on Thursday (28th).

The final input today was the Council's Labour Cllr who 100% confirmed their cross-party intention to save Coventry Speedway and Stadium. Good to hear.

I think it was interesting when he was asked about a business plan for said 3G pitch his answer was not available until the intended operator was appointed should that not be the answer from our side as they( goatly )keeps digging about these matters

In case anyone can’t find it but wants to watch it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

The unwell Steve Rees's evidence is likely to be of great importance. He has reinstated a stock car track at a stadium (Bradford), and the reopening there has been a success.

I see 'POETS Day' applies in local government! Heading home before three o'clock on a Friday.

Given that it is Local Government, via Rugby Council, that is refusing BE permission, it's probably not helpful to critisise it. More likely to be either the Inspector or KCs that needed the early finish. 

• Like 2

I think the chap(Mr Carter?) who is a Stox enthusiast and has a family of Stox drivers, was very positive about buying the stadium and renovating it in phases. His statement that he made 2 previous offers to purchase the stadium but didn't get any reply, was well made and surprisingly not challenged by BE!!.

He owns a multi-million packaging company (I can't recall the actual figures, but certainly £58m+ was mentioned), He would manage and run the stadium and would gladly work with Matt Ford on the promotion of Speedway - also unchallenged!  It'll be very interesting to hear Matts comments/evidence on Wednesday.