British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And his points about 'stadium costs' and going on about air fences??? Air fences for Speedway are paid for by Speedway promoters/sponsorship - sweet FA to do with a stadium.

I really do hope that SCS legal chap (Hargreaves?) takes him to task on loads of his points!

Humphries.and I wouldn’t hold your breath on that

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

This guy is an outright liar... he's just said that increasing costs (energy etc.) can't be passed on in the form of higher admission prices, just a plain lie!

What's his position re Brandon? Is he involved with the developers? Why is he trying to stop Coventry from returning? 

Yes obviously big brown envelope

Clark osbourne  Brandon estates star witness who would have thought it He alone has proved that the  scs proposal and stadium in unviable and therefore surplus to requirements 

Edited by Toady

14 minutes ago, Toady said:

Humphries.and I wouldn’t hold your breath on that

Sorry I'm not good on names!!

I’m sorry but I’m afraid Brandon Stadium is done it be the shock of the century if this goes in favour of the stadium- I really hope I’m wrong I really do 

10 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’m sorry but I’m afraid Brandon Stadium is done it be the shock of the century if this goes in favour of the stadium- I really hope I’m wrong I really do 

It depends on what the inspector is looking at though. The planning application was not rejected on the viability of Speedway & Stox and the provision of a 3g pitch, that's what the appellant has thrown all their "evidence" behind. There were many factors on why planning was rejected and BE have just elected to ignore those

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

I hope Rob Godfrey has been listening to all this and realises that Speedway really needs to get its house in order if it is to fight off other situations such as this! In the needs of some kind direction in ways of business plans, national strategies etc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder if Torquay Utd fans know that it's owner is appearing at a public inquiry advocating the selling of a sporting stadium for housing development?!?

• Like 4

I can't really comment on somebody who wants to be a  philanthropist says the man who's losing £1m a year at Torquay Utd!!!

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, iainb said:

I hope Rob Godfrey has been listening to all this and realises that Speedway really needs to get its house in order if it is to fight off other situations such as this! In the needs of some kind direction in ways of business plans, national strategies etc.

They don’t care. I’m alright Jack, etc.

• Like 1

I don't quite know why anybody hasn't asked him the most obvious question of all: "Why are you here?"

Maybe Brandon Estates will change their name to Plainmoor Estates when Brandon has been built on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plainmoor

"After ownership of Torquay United was transferred to Gaming International under the company name Riviera Stadium Limited, talks with Torbay Council have re-opened about the purchase of Plainmoor and developing the ground into housing"

It's so obviously corrupt!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's been required since the world moved into the 21st Century, (at least)...

Football, Rugby Union, and Cricket, all got themselves "proper" leadership and strategists over the past quarter of a century or so, and took control from those local business people who ran clubs as some kind of personal fiefdom..

Rugby League is another example that kept the "tail wagging the dog" and even though they had fantastic Sky coverage for decades, it remains provincial and parochial. Even though it rregularly delivers a fantastic product...

And RL has also seen lots of league structure changes with promotion and relegation, then not, then started again, then not etc etc....

Lots of short term strategy that does no one any favours, and all down to having no long term strategy that all were able to agree on...

UK Speedway won't change, regardless of whether Cov stays st Brandon or not, as I simply cannot see the neccesary skill set around long term planning for growth amongst enough of those who run it...

Another five year plan anyone? :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for Cov....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

I wonder if Torquay Utd fans know that it's owner is appearing at a public inquiry advocating the selling of a sporting stadium for housing development?!?

I think you will find that they are fully aware of Osborne and the fact that the council still own the stadium is in there favour

• Like 1

So thats that til 8/9th Nov?!!  :o

Ps I don't know how Osborne professes to know exactly the attendance figures at Poole? It's not his stadium staff that operate the turnstiles/entrances, it's MF's staff!!

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's been required since the world moved into the 21st Century, (at least)...

Football, Rugby Union, and Cricket, all got themselves "proper" leadership and strategists over the past quarter of a century or so, and took control from those local business people who ran clubs as some kind of personal fiefdom..

Rugby League is another example that kept the "tail wagging the dog" and even though they had fantastic Sky coverage for decades, it remains provincial and parochial. Even though it rregularly delivers a fantastic product...

And RL has also seen lots of league structure changes with promotion and relegation, then not, then started again, then not etc etc....

Lots of short term strategy that does no one any favours, and all down to having no long term strategy that all were able to agree on...

UK Speedway won't change, regardless of whether Cov stays st Brandon or not, as I simply cannot see the neccesary skill set around long term planning for growth amongst enough of those who run it...

Another five year plan anyone? :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed for Cov....

I think Eddie Waring had a great deal to do with bringing RL to a wider prominence didn't he? But despite all of the polish it still appears to be a bit of a turd at heart in this country

Edited by iainb