British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Take a look at his involvement as Torquay Utd and read about the plans for their stadium and all the pieces start to fall together

Obviously not an individual to be trusted. Shame that those chairing the meetings as regards Brandon don't dig a little deeper before taking on board his observations/comments?

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Obviously not an individual to be trusted. Shame that those chairing the meetings as regards Brandon don't dig a little deeper before taking on board his observations/comments?

It was the obvious question to ask... why are you here?

1 minute ago, iainb said:

It was the obvious question to ask... why are you here?

Agree!

As I said, wasĀ that not the role of the council and Scs barristers to pose those questions ? Iam afraid that ship has sailed. OneĀ can only hope that the proposed development fails on the other matters up for consideration as was laid out at the start.

Edited by Toady
  • Like 1

I hope Mr HumpriesĀ for Scs does a better job summing up than he has done previously.

On 10/14/2023 at 10:38 AM, Toady said:

As I said, wasĀ that not the role of the council and Scs barristers to pose those questions ? Iam afraid that ship has sailed. OneĀ can only hope that the proposed development fails on the other matters up for consideration as was laid out at the start.

Absolutely the merits of the development have been shown to be flawed with affordable tick box houses in the wrong place. Everything BE tried to do was deflection.

As others have mused on here Iā€™m confident the houses will be refused again but what that leads to is another story.

I reckon SCS should get Phil Morris to sum up tomorrow I reckon he is Ā still up for a bundle with BE.

Ā 

up the Bees

Ā 

• Like 1

I bet this girl wishes she'd never approved the planning application now!

On 10/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, steve roberts said:

The chair is not responsible for "digging deeper" only to listen & take on board what is said. The representatives of each side are the ones whoĀ establish credibility or otherwiseĀ of Ā those giving evidence.Ā 

8 hours ago, naffer said:

Absolutely the merits of the development have been shown to be flawed with affordable tick box houses in the wrong place. Everything BE tried to do was deflection.

As others have mused on here Iā€™m confident the houses will be refused again but what that leads to is another story.

I reckon SCS should get Phil Morris to sum up tomorrow I reckon he is Ā still up for a bundle with BE.

Ā 

up the Bees

Ā 

Well said, Ā I am sure Phil MorrisĀ would give a passionate summary to the proceedings. I hope you are right about refusal as that would be great early present to all the Ā fans of clubs that have recently folded in similar circumstancesĀ 

5 hours ago, 1 valve said:

The chair is not responsible for "digging deeper" only to listen & take on board what is said. The representatives of each side are the ones whoĀ establish credibility or otherwiseĀ of Ā those giving evidence.Ā 

Correct, I said as much myself earlier in this thread.

Excellent summarising by the SCS solicitor this morning. Very thorough and very specific in knocking back the developer's case as regards speedway and stox.

13 minutes ago, eric i said:

Any idea when the verdict will be made?

I think the SCS group said a verdict would be in about 2 weeks after the final day of the appealĀ 

6 minutes ago, naffer said:

I think the SCS group said a verdict would be in about 2 weeks after the final day of the appealĀ 

Didn't somebody say today that they were waiting for some more info which would be provided on the 19th of December?

• Confused 1