British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL 30/6/19 @ 15.00

I think Edinburgh might just nick this today ;)

I will be going to support my team and as long as all those wearing blue and gold give 100% I will be happy, whatever the score. Hopefully see some good racing and the rain stays away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was going to go today but not now after the team was announced not wasting £20 plus to watch us get embarrassed.

you paid roughly the same price on Friday to get embarrassed . so whats the difference  ?  just a few extra squirts into the fuel cell and you are there !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

you paid roughly the same price on Friday to get embarrassed . so whats the difference  ?  just a few extra squirts into the fuel cell and you are there !

I’m sure Glasgow can survive without  my £20. They’ve just paid for a tv advert so I think they’ll manage.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Nobody willing to travel up to ride, obviously everyone seems to earn to much. Thanks to Nathan greaves for at least giving it ago.

After the Edinburgh v Redcar meeting, Greaves said he was feeling rusty because he hadn't ridden for nigh on a month. 

Well we got 35 many more than expected so take my hat off to them. Glasgow no need to get out of 3rd gear.

Good score from Andersson and Victor, expected wee bit more from Heeps and Greaves scored well. 

Another break for us next week's with a juniors meeting so hopefully got our riders back fit and a new reserve line up.  

Two race winners all meeting tells its own story for Edinburgh, another maximum for Cook and another very solid score from Kyle Bickley. 

23 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Well we got 35 many more than expected so take my hat off to them. Glasgow no need to get out of 3rd gear.

Good score from Andersson and Victor, expected wee bit more from Heeps and Greaves scored well. 

Another break for us next week's with a juniors meeting so hopefully got our riders back fit and a new reserve line up.  

Think there will be more than one change come a week on Friday.

Today is why we should never return to Sunday afternoon racing. Got showered in sh1te watching a shower of sh1te despite track grading and watering almost every 2 heats up to ht10.

There is no way you can beat the wind and sun drying out the track during the day. It rides totally different to an evening start and we were out of sorts in the opening heats when we should have put this lot to the sword, 35 points is more than flattering for a struggling team who turned up with r/r for their No1. I dont know why we couldnt start at 7.30 as normal when its cooler, the track retains the moisture and its the school holidays so families arent put off.

Arguably the best heats were when the watering stopped with Starke having a stormer in heats 14 & 15 and Connor Bailey getting under Coles in ht14 but the boredom of watching tractor racing in the early meeting killed the normal excitement of a derby for me. Thankfully back to Fridays for the next home meeting. Onward.

Edited by MD

17 minutes ago, MD said:

Today is why we should never return to Sunday afternoon racing. Got showered in sh1te watching a shower of sh1te despite track grading and watering almost every 2 heats up to ht10.

There is no way you can beat the wind and sun drying out the track during the day. It rides totally different to an evening start and we were out of sorts in the opening heats when we should have put this lot to the sword, 35 points is more than flattering for a struggling team who turned up with r/r for their No1. I dont know why we couldnt start at 7.30 as normal when its cooler, the track retains the moisture and its the school holidays so families arent put off.

Arguably the best heats were when the watering stopped with Starke having a stormer in heats 14 & 15 and Connor Bailey getting under Coles in ht14 but the boredom of watching tractor racing in the early meeting killed the normal excitement of a derby for me. Thankfully back to Fridays for the next home meeting. Onward.

Agreed endless tractor racing and clouds of dust , no more afternoon racing during the summer months 

4 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Where was Ricky Wells?

In the pits 

Thought our boys put up a spirited performance, well six of them did. Shows how low our ambitions currently are when I am satisfied scoring 35 points at Glasgow. Thanks to Nathan Greaves for his efforts. Would hope that is the last time we see Lawson in an Edinburgh race jacket.

• Thanks 1

Young Kyle seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder at the moment, a wee word with him to wind his neck in a little from someone would help. 

Deliberately posting on an Edinburgh Facebook page to get reactions from supporters rather unprofessional. Now got himself banned from the page for doing so. 

Just get on with your speedway no need to go goading people for no reason.