British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

Great result for the Bears, an excellent battling performance by all the team, and Nathan did indeed prove to be the Bears trump card.

After years without any success in the cup competitions, maybe it's the Bears turn for glory ?

Certainly, they need not fear any of the teams left in. UTB !!!

• Like 2

Good solid performance from the Bears.

Think a few things fell our way (Proctors poor points return in the first leg being a major one) but you need a bit of luck to progress sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Good solid performance from the Bears.

Think a few things fell our way (Proctors poor points return in the first leg being a major one) but you need a bit of luck to progress sometimes.

Surprised Glasgow agreed to go to Redcar knowing Jensen would be missing.Paid the price.IMO

WELL DONE to the Bears. That looks a decent Team now.

Do the semi's line up as written in order on the bspa website... Edinburgh v Newcastle. Eastbourne v Redcar, or is there a draw or something?

Edited by cheekycobra

has the spiel machine broken or has reality set in ?

Sounds a nail biting match tonight. Any reason given for Cookie not out in heat 15?

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

Back to the league next week with a guest required for Kyle! 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Sounds a nail biting match tonight. Any reason given for Cookie not out in heat 15?

Tie had gone by then , been a busy boy probably decided to put his feet up. 

40 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well it's as good an excuse as any.:cheers:

It's not an excuse it's fact. You obviously didn't have to sit watching 3 tractors and various trucks going round and round and round and round, riders and ref visiting the track. Redcar did what was needed, congratulations to them. I just want to know what happened during the week that caused so many problems tonight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

What was wrong with the track? Were the HOME riders complaining.

• Like 2

Anyway back to tonight , not a classic and no excuses Redcar came to do a job and done it very well.

Congratulations to them , i still fancied us to turn it round but not to be we move on and we still have plenty to race for.

Best team on the night qualified plain and simple , tidy team Redcar have now fancy them to win this :t:

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Anderson was not available tonight due to a prior commitment so was never going to sign till tomorrow. Will start his Bears career on Sunday at Sheffield

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Thought Glasgow had done enough to see job done at Ashfield. Track reading reports seems to have been a leveller.

re Kyle; better having a guest for Kyle than having a Kyle for a guest. :(