British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

Next years line up will be the same as this years just with Lindback switched for Fricke.

The same four additional riders?

Edited by NeilWatson

Max Fricke is definitely in for the GPs. That’s great news as he’s done really well in the GPs he deputised for Greg Hancock this season. The other two are pretty dull, already in, not fresh blood.

We might get to see Anders Thomsen and Pontus Aspgren, if someone is injured which will liven it up more. We definitely have the best group part from a couple like Michelsen, Bjerre who do well in the leagues. Shame Lambert got injured but I think he would still have struggled,

Edited by Losthammer
Added more ...

1 minute ago, Losthammer said:

Max Fricke is definitely in for the GPs. That’s great news as he’s done really well in the GPs he deputised for Greg Hancock this season. The other two are pretty dull, already in, not fresh blood.

The only fresh blood that would have been any better is possibly Michelsen and he seemed to choke tonight.

Wow Bjerre fell apart. Although he wouldn't have added anything to the series. He makes Hampel look exciting.

Fricke will be a worthy addition. Be nice to see G. Laguta in there but not very likely.

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

The only fresh blood that would have been any better is possibly Michelsen and he seemed to choke tonight.

Yep, I agree, I’d added it to my post as I thought about it more.

What happened in the run off with Vaculik and Fricke ?

Overall result -  better the devil you know. NKI and Zagar will perform better over a GP season then Asperger and Locatev

Edited by OveFundinFan

Sad for Aspgren to get so close and be robbed by an engine failure. As for the qualifiers, less said the better. Thank god Fricke got through.

So if Iversen or Zagar have a storming finish and end in the top 8 ( or one of the top 8 withdraw from next season) Anders Thomsen gets the place that opened up on countback?

Edited by arnieg

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

What happened in the run off with Vaculik and Fricke ?

Overall result -  better the devil you know. NKI and Zagar will perform better over a go season then Asperger and Locatev

Fricke won and Zagar won the other race-off for 1st place.

1 minute ago, Terry said:

Wow Bjerre fell apart. Although he wouldn't have added anything to the series. He makes Hampel look exciting.

Fricke will be a worthy addition. Be nice to see G. Laguta in there but not very likely.

I don’t like Laguta’s aggressive riding, he doesn’t leave racing room, and also barges his way through regardless of the possible consequences. Like Tai getting badly hurt when Laguta left him nowhere to go.

Vaculik currently 4th in the GP so unlikely to have needed a GP Challenge place. Iversen and Zagar well below 8th so will probably need theirs. 

Should current GP riders be allowed to ride in the GP challenge? After all they’re already in it. If they’re good enough they’ll qualify. I think it robs potentially excellent additions from getting a real shot at the GPs.