British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

18 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Young up and comers, the likes of Drabik and Smektala IMO are not far off GP level, for me the two riders mentioned are above Fricke just Lambert by a long way

Smektala didn’t take the qualifier seriously,didn’t practice at Glasgow and look like junior for half the meeting.Don't think  Drabik is long way ahead of Fricke ,I would suggest the other way round.

21 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I think they just use the race positions count system...So in order it would be Thomsen, Aspgren, Pavlic and then Loktaev.

So let me see if I've got this clear. If the top 3 from the challenge don't qualify from the current year, they go into next year's GPs and if we need reserves, they are somehow "selected". But if one or more of the top 3 do squeeze into the top 8 this year, we then look for additional qualifiers from the challenge. Not an awfully consistent policy.

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

So let me see if I've got this clear. If the top 3 from the challenge don't qualify from the current year, they go into next year's GPs and if we need reserves, they are somehow "selected". But if one or more of the top 3 do squeeze into the top 8 this year, we then look for additional qualifiers from the challenge. Not an awfully consistent policy.

What the hell is wrong with you??? :blink:

This is SPEEDWAY we are talking about!!!:rofl:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Smektala didn’t take the qualifier seriously,didn’t practice at Glasgow and look like junior for half the meeting.Don't think  Drabik is long way ahead of Fricke ,I would suggest the other way round.

I rate Fricke but it has taken him a few years to achieve his goal Drabik/ Smaktala are both class acts who will achieve there goal!!!

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I rate Fricke but it has taken him a few years to achieve his goal Drabik/ Smaktala are both class acts who will achieve there goal!!!

Fricke is only 2 years older than Drabik, it’s the last step that is the big one.

1 minute ago, chunky said:

What the hell is wrong with you??? :blink:

This is SPEEDWAY we are talking about!!!:rofl:

Sorry. I was obviously having an off moment :oops:

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fricke is only 2 years older than Drabik, it’s the last step that is the big one.

Fricke, Drabik.Smektala are all going to be GP riders. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

5th was Thompsen  02313

6th Aspgren 2313 d

7th Pavlic 20232

8th loktajev 32121

Poor Pontus. He certainly would have got 1 point as Harris was in the race. The form he was on he had every chance of winning it and the meeting. Sport can be so cruel sometimes.

speaking of Harris why are the Brits so far behind getting the correct set up at every big meeting?

4 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Poor Pontus. He certainly would have got 1 point as Harris was in the race. The form he was on he had every chance of winning it and the meeting. Sport can be so cruel sometimes.

speaking of Harris why are the Brits so far behind getting the correct set up at every big meeting?

That’s just the Standard excuse, basically they are not good enough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Cant agree 

19 hours ago, Fromafar said:

By the same token,Should Bjerre ,Harris and Cook be allowed to enter again they have been there before and would add nothing to the GPS if they qualify.Imo everybody has the right to try and qualify again and if the do fair play to them

Should be open to all. But ...... Surely likes of Bomber should take stock and call time on GP aspirations. Said before and will say it again riders who compete in div 2 of British Speedway will never be world champion and would struggle to be in top 8 GP riders. Easy money but does not enhance GP chances when  you don’t ride abroad. Woffinden was spot on when he said that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Should be open to all. But ...... Surely likes of Bomber should take stock and call time on GP aspirations. Said before and will say it again riders who compete in div 2 of British Speedway will never be world champion and would struggle to be in top 8 GP riders. Easy money but does not enhance GP chances when  you don’t ride abroad. Woffinden was spot on when he said that.

I think Bomber entered to stick 2 fingers up to his critics.  Good for him. 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think Bomber entered to stick 2 fingers up to his critics.  Good for him. 

As is his right but must have been hugely out of pocket.