British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Wolves v Poole Monday 26/8/19 at 8pm.

1 minute ago, acef said:

Are you sure, you've only ridden 21 meetings 

Apologies, think we have Peterborough away. Not listed on official site, :blink:

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

We’ve raced Swindon twice home and away.

I read it wrong I though he meant ippo .. hence the edit 

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Apologies, think we have Peterborough away. Not listed on official site, :blink:

It's in your hands.

NKI going to ippo will give them a boost. They will finish on 42 minimum now. Belle Vue can only match that.

Right now, for me, its bv who will miss out.

But like belle vue, you simply have to win at Peterboro, 2 home wins wont cut it if bv take all 4 points at the show ground.

Have a feeling your victory at NSS is going to be crucial in this run. Injuries are part and parcel of sport but of we miss out cause of Frickes injury that'll be a real stinger 

Edited by acef

That last heat 5-1 at Swindon may cost us/them 

Edited by bruno

6 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Seems Paul are choking at crunch time Glug glug.

You obviously don't know what choking means. I wouldn't write us off just yet. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bruno said:

Could Busters 3 teams all miss out? !!!!

He won't even blink if they did. He cares not one whit. other than for totalling up the sponsor's dollop and the turnstile takings. He has not "bled" KL for a few years. And the other acquisitions are merely "things" to make the TV contract work for 2019. How he juggles that for 2020 will be interesting.

Poole after a mid season run of form being found out to be quite average and reverting to type

Ipswich started the season well and then gone back to what everyone expected and now Poole doing the same

The form teams are Swindon and Wolves

I like how Poole fans are saying they will beat Ipswich..............you wont face us as Swindon will be top and pick us which will see Poole face Wolves or Belle Vue............and if Poole face Wolves they wont make the final

And i think the funniest thing on this thread is Shovlar saying losing Josh cost them..............cant be a real comment

Edited by Gavan

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole after a mid season run of form being found out to be quite average and reverting to type

Ipswich started the season well and then gone back to what everyone expected and now Poole doing the same

The form teams are Swindon and Wolves

I like how Poole fans are saying they will beat Ipswich..............you wont face us as Swindon will be top and pick us which will see Poole face Wolves or Belle Vue............and if Poole face Wolves they wont make the final

And i think the funniest thing on this thread is Shovlar saying losing Josh cost them..............cant be a real comment

You see now why we need 7 riders. Losing Josh did cost us points obviously but wouldn't have changed the result.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

He won't even blink if they did. He cares not one whit. other than for totalling up the sponsor's dollop and the turnstile takings. He has not "bled" KL for a few years. And the other acquisitions are merely "things" to make the TV contract work for 2019. How he juggles that for 2020 will be interesting.

The guy is a businessman, he will want one of his teams in the Play Offs and the big crowd which goes with it. Hence the Ipswich signing of Iversen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Silly post in so many ways I doubt if anyone ever breaks ever running a speedway club let alone 3 clubs and if you did getting into the play offs will make you more money , The tv deal is peanuts unlike the old sky deal and  thou it's important that we keep some live club speedway on Tv if I doubt it's for the money .

9 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Seems Paul are choking at crunch time Glug glug.

Choking but still 2nd with matches in hand 

Could I congratulate Klindt on taking the starting gate gardening up to a new level of delay. All it needed it was a set of cones and a digger to complete his 2 mins of preparation. After the gardening was completed he rolled back a few yards to do his ADHD routine of goggle tapping, fuel cap tapping, cut-out tapping, helmet tapping, gloves shuffle and then finally obliged the start Marshall by getting up to the tapes!!!

Credit must be given to the resultant gating enabling him to lead the races, although invariably he then provided most of the meeting passes as he progressed to the back! 

Not really my definition of a "Heat Leader" but I suppose that's what we are down to these days! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1