British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

Forecast is not great. The rain is due around 9 pm give or take an hour. Just under 4 hour trip from here. A gamble to go.

19 hours ago, sommelier said:

Genuine question, take it you will be at Ipswich ?

No, you going to pay for me. I have other things that need attending to . And i dont use a flexable friend like many do. ,

1 hour ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Yeah as long as the ref keeps it fair at the starts and pulls back the Poole rollers ;)

And a certain James Sarjeant

2 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Yeah as long as the ref keeps it fair at the starts and pulls back the Poole rollers ;)

Poole rollers! When Ipswich have Sargeant in their team!! 

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes, it was a bit of a silly comment to make really.

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Just now, Mimmo said:

And Chris Gay for ref tonight:cry:

tbf Sarj hasn't been having any starting infringements so far this time around, however tonight might just be the night;)

Any news on THJ.. He looked like he was in a lot of discomfort in the 1st leg.

3 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Last match against Poole there was 6 rollers where they went on to win heats, only one was pulled back - Poole are always at it....don't think Sarj is gonna make that much of a difference, but seriously if the ref lets it go it'll be the defining factor on who goes through to the final

If gating's important tonight that what will decide it, being honest now and I've watched every match at Ippo I can't remember Witches doing that many rollers so no it don't even out   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Last match against Poole there was 6 rollers where they went on to win heats, only one was pulled back - Poole are always at it....don't think Sarj is gonna make that much of a difference, but seriously if the ref lets it go it'll be the defining factor on who goes through to the final

If gating's important tonight that what will decide it, being honest now and I've watched every match at Ippo I can't remember Witches doing that many rollers so no it don't even out   

Haha with your biased glasses on! 

58 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No, you going to pay for me. I have other things that need attending to . And i dont use a flexable friend like many do. ,

What sort of replay is that, why the hell should I pay for you!!, you are fast enough jumping down Gavan throat slating him for not going. Pot calling the kettle 

• Like 3

Just now, sommelier said:

What sort of replay is that, why the hell should I pay for you!!, you are fast enough jumping down Gavan throat slating him for not going. Pot calling the kettle 

.:icon_smile_clown:

3 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

Couple of 5-1's and Ippo are right back in it....its anyones guess

Wards famous last words  ` a couple of 5-1`s  should do it.

22 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

I think Harris being so slow out the gate made holder look worse than it was 

I think Poole will edge it tonight, both the meeting and therefore of course the tie, rain is expected later so I hope both clubs approach the ref and BT Sport before hand and make it absolutely clear they need to get on with the meeting, get ten heats done then you can slow it down for Ad breaks etc