British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

34 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I believe Peterborough were going to be running but not in the league that Buster wanted them too.......

Thanks.

It definitely needs to be one big league next year, because what we're watching at the moment is definitely not premier League.

1 minute ago, Warriors said:

It definitely needs to be one big league next year, because what we're watching at the moment is definitely not premier League.

Its enough of a Joke now with Buster owning two teams in the same league. Make it "one big league" and Bates will have two teams as well. Buster didn't buy Peterborough just to allow one big league to happen a year or two later, there is a top flight elitism agenda at play. Of course several clubs could tire of all the nonsense gather together and form a breakaway league....how to best incentivise that i don't know? maybe allowing clubs to make their own decisions and use race nights that best suits their client base would be a good starting point.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Ah. But Buster had had his beloved King's Lynn Stars for over 20 years. We have been waiting forever to win the top tier. Then he goes and stretches himself by saving the Panthers. It can't  do Lynn any good, him/ someone having to find 2 teams. Buster saved you and people was still moaning about your team. Flip it around and i wonder what some of you would of thought about your long standing owner saving a team, and that still wasn't good enough. Thats all ;)

Colin Horton helped Oxford whilst owning Peterborough & that went badly wrong and he soon had serious knock on financial issues with Peterborough but him selling the club to Rick Frost was the best thing  apart from the 2006 lge winning season i might add,   one thing that is true is that Peterborough and Kings Lynn shouldnt be owned by the same person especially in the same league, Ipswich dodged a big bullet for sure, both clubs would without doubt be better off not being owned by the same person now but who would buy a speedway club in these times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Colin Horton helped Oxford whilst owning Peterborough & that went badly wrong and he soon had serious knock on financial issues with Peterborough but him selling the club to Rick Frost was the best thing  apart from the 2006 lge winning season i might add,   one thing that is true is that Peterborough and Kings Lynn shouldnt be owned by the same person especially in the same league, Ipswich dodged a big bullet for sure, both clubs would without doubt be better off not being owned by the same person now but who would buy a speedway club in these times.

Only Buster ;). I can't remember if  there was many takers, last time around. No chance now with bloody covid. At least we are still running.

Merge the two leagues ....... think hat ship has sailed with so many double uppers riding on both leagues.

(a) there wouldnt be enough riders ... unless they rode fro2 teams in he same league ...nothing would surprise me.

(b) riders wouldnt be able to make enough money racing for just one side in the UK.

Nope  UK league speedway ts heading downhill fast and will become an amateur sport made up of clubs like IoW who will run entertainment challenge meetings during the peak summer period.

Trying hard not to laugh at the idea Horton helped Oxford! He did not do anything but take all the entrance money and not pay riders, stadium, first aid etc (I could go on and on) but really not the best comparison to be made! 

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

Great idea but there isn’t enough riders to go around so only way is two leagues 

2 hours ago, Debbi said:

Trying hard not to laugh at the idea Horton helped Oxford! He did not do anything but take all the entrance money and not pay riders, stadium, first aid etc (I could go on and on) but really not the best comparison to be made! 

Perhaps should of said then that Horton  allegedly invested into Oxford that had a big impact on Peterborough 

23 hours ago, Haza said:

Great idea but there isn’t enough riders to go around so only way is two leagues 

True but to me both leagues are that close it might just as well be one league, you take holder & bewley out next year, as I can't see them back next year it will be watered down even further.

But something like 36 of the 42 Premiership riders also ride in the Championship, that’s an awful lot of extra riders to find, even without those who may pack up without two speedway incomes. 

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But something like 36 of the 42 Premiership riders also ride in the Championship, that’s an awful lot of extra riders to find, even without those who may pack up without two speedway incomes. 

I just don't get why people just can't grasp it Bags. 

The only option may be, 5 man teams, home & away 4 times. 

1 big league just isn't viable. Also that needs to be thought about is that getting young Aussie's over will start to get tougher as they're looking to go straight in to Poland now. Swede's & Dane's the same. We're pretty much 3rd choice. Even the German league could start to go above GB for attraction. 

British Speedway is in a seriously dire state created only by current & previous promoters gone by. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I just don't get why people just can't grasp it Bags. 

The only option may be, 5 man teams, home & away 4 times. 

1 big league just isn't viable. Also that needs to be thought about is that getting young Aussie's over will start to get tougher as they're looking to go straight in to Poland now. Swede's & Dane's the same. We're pretty much 3rd choice. Even the German league could start to go above GB for attraction. 

British Speedway is in a seriously dire state created only by current & previous promoters gone by. 

It wouldnt surprise me if a couple of teams drop out over the winter (and possibly during this season), so i could see one big league being viable next year. Probably 6 man teams, two youngsters at reserve and i reckon it could be done. 

58 minutes ago, therefused said:

It wouldnt surprise me if a couple of teams drop out over the winter (and possibly during this season), so i could see one big league being viable next year. Probably 6 man teams, two youngsters at reserve and i reckon it could be done. 

Explain to me how it would work. 

Here's a couple of obstacles. 

• 18 teams, 6 a side, 108 riders? 
  • Fixed race nights would be required 

Show me how you'd get around these

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1