British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 6/8/2021 at 4:51 PM, Warriors said:

It definitely needs to be one big league next year, because what we're watching at the moment is definitely not premier League.

There are not enough riders of suitable quality for one big league so it’s impossible. I’m glad that’s the case too. 

2 hours ago, Warriors said:

That's Birmingham gone, sadly that's just the start.

They aren’t gone. :rolleyes: 

They are on hold, more teams to announce this until the ridiculous restrictions are lifted. 

• Like 1

As  I have posted elsewhere , the idea of one big league of the present teams has long since sailed into the sunset.  Doubling up/doubling down has seen that one off. Just list the number of riders available to race .  We already have a galaxy of rising stars allegedly to give  young UK riders more track time. (or to save money?)

It's only remotely possible witha much reduced number of teams. Then how many riders would find it financially worthwhile to race in a league of perhaps 12 teams ? 

A League of 12 teams is 22 meetings. More than the Premiership is currently offering it's riders.

Yes agreed, BUT there are very few Premiership ONLY riders . I make it 4  (Batchelor Bewlay Becker H Andersen) Of those they woudl probably complan about extra meetings in the UK due to extra travelling to Europe.

The vast majority rely on racing in at least 2 UK leagues,  They would take a reduction in meetings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yes agreed, BUT there are very few Premiership ONLY riders . I make it 4  (Batchelor Bewlay Becker H Andersen) Of those they woudl probably complan about extra meetings in the UK due to extra travelling to Europe.

The vast majority rely on racing in at least 2 UK leagues,  They would take a reduction in meetings.

I make it 6,Holder,Kurtz,just saying:rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I make it 6,Holder,Kurtz,just saying:rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yes missed those 2  :t:

Although Holder doesn't even ride in the Premiership when it doesn't suit......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yes missed those 2  :t:

Make that 7,Ellis:D

31 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Although Holder doesn't even ride in the Premiership when it doesn't suit......

I hope he doesn't ride Thursday,but then they could have  a NL rider in his place and still beat us quite easy.

Another awful score from Proctor tonight riding for Leicester only beating one rider.2pts from 4 rides 1 against Lawlor Edinburgh reserve and once getting a point when only 3 riders in the race.When will the management wake up and smell the coffee,if almost all the fans can see he's not suited to the job why can't they:neutral:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

BWD will take his place soon I'm sure..

No work permit for BWD

What is Iversen's current average. Would he fit for Proctor?

Iversen is struggling atm but might see a weak British League as an opportunity to get back into form!

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Another awful score from Proctor tonight riding for Leicester only beating one rider.2pts from 4 rides 1 against Lawlor Edinburgh reserve and once getting a point when only 3 riders in the race.When will the management wake up and smell the coffee,if almost all the fans can see he's not suited to the job why can't they:neutral:

Even Simon Lambert banged in 13 points tonight. Isn't he our "permanent" reserve!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ColeTrickle said:

What is Iversen's current average. Would he fit for Proctor?

Iversen is struggling atm but might see a weak British League as an opportunity to get back into form!

Iversen cannot. He rides in Denmark and Sweden, plus 1st division in Poland that limits his leagues to 2.