British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Think it’s time for everyone promoters riders fans to realise British Speedway is done in its current form it’s finished .

when you get British riders who won’t ride in there own country it’s says it all Bewley will be next to ditch the UK 

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Explain to me how it would work. 

Here's a couple of obstacles. 

• 18 teams, 6 a side, 108 riders? 
  • Fixed race nights would be required 

Show me how you'd get around these

You would need five man teams and it maybe could work?

Four riders over three points and one lower than a three point rider..

Grade the four A to D and use an overall  mean team average of all of the riders, so one side can't hoover up the best rider in each grade..

Race every team home and away = 34 matches.

Split the 18 teams into two Conferences based on geography and ride home and away against all teams in your Conference...

Meaning another 16 matches in total...

50 matches per rider, not including play offs, where the top four from each Conference can go into home and away play offs to determine the two 'Conference Champs', who then go forward to the Grand Final..

Meaning 56 meetings per rider if reaching the final..

72 riders needed over 3 points and 18 needed below 3...

Not checked how many there are this year who would fulfill that criteria but maybe workable..?

Edited by mikebv

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

You would need five man teams and it maybe could work?

Four riders over three points and one lower than a three point rider..

Grade the four A to D and use an overall  mean team average of all of the riders, so one side can't hoover up the best rider in each grade..

Race every team home and away = 34 matches.

Split the 18 teams into two Conferences based on geography and ride home and away against all teams in your Conference...

Meaning another 16 matches in total...

50 matches per rider, not including play offs, where the top four from each Conference can go into home and away play offs to determine the two 'Conference Champs', who then go forward to the Grand Final..

Meaning 56 meetings per rider if reaching the final..

72 riders needed over 3 points and 18 needed below 3...

Not checked how many there are this year who would fulfill that criteria but maybe workable..?

Already you've split the divisions into 2.

Also, fixed race night's?? 100% they'll be needed with all the foreign rider's going back & forth to their own league's + 1 / 2. 

No matter how hard you try, it's not financially viable to have 1 big league 

There’s a King’s Lynn thread in here somewhere :D

More importantly what’s the matter with Heeps and how long before we can get him into our side?

Scenes when we have three 6 point plus riders in the 1-7 :party:

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Speedball said:

There’s a King’s Lynn thread in here somewhere :D

More importantly what’s the matter with Heeps and how long before we can get him into our side?

Scenes when we have three 6 point plus riders in the 1-7 :party:

When you're relying on Heeps you know you're in trouble :t:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

When you're relying on Heeps you know you're in trouble :t:

I think we’ve already noticed we’re in trouble. Started in about 2019 :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Explain to me how it would work. 

Here's a couple of obstacles. 

• 18 teams, 6 a side, 108 riders? 
  • Fixed race nights would be required 

Show me how you'd get around these

There probably won’t be 18 teams though, I can imagine 12-14

12 hours ago, therefused said:

It wouldnt surprise me if a couple of teams drop out over the winter (and possibly during this season), so i could see one big league being viable next year. Probably 6 man teams, two youngsters at reserve and i reckon it could be done. 

I read somewhere today about wolves saying that if the lockdown doesn't continue easying, on the present path as expected on the 21st when everywhere is supposed to get back to something like normality, to allow more people in, they simply can't continue as they said they are making huge losses not good.

1 hour ago, therefused said:

There probably won’t be 18 teams though, I can imagine 12-14

Maybe so, but currently there are 18. To plan for the future it has to be at the inclusion of all those 18. One big league just isn't possible, or financially viable to the rider's. There'd have to be 30+ home matches for every club on fixed race night's. There are many in the Championship that couldn't do Monday - Thursday's. Don't do fixed race night's there'll be around 8 further rider's drop out of UK racing. Or do we go old skool & run guests & R/R for rider's racing abroad again. 

another issue is if it's one league do the riders get elite league wages or championship?

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

another issue is if it's one league do the riders get elite league wages or championship?

I'm not sure there's anything between them Steve with some clubs. 

Maybe so, but currently there are 18. To plan for the future it has to be at the inclusion of all those 18. One big league just isn't possible, or financially viable to the rider's. There'd have to be 30+ home matches for every club on fixed race night's. There are many in the Championship that couldn't do Monday - Thursday's. Don't do fixed race night's there'll be around 8 further rider's drop out of UK racing. Or do we go old skool & run guests & R/R for rider's racing abroad again. 

That's Birmingham gone, sadly that's just the start.

On hold, not gone :blink: 

If there were one League you would not need fixed race nights. Each team would only need one Monday meeting to satisfy (if there were) any TV commitments.

If a team uses riders with foreign league commitments, then that is really their problem.