British Speedway Forum

On 10/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, Arthur54 said:

Someone on Scunthorpe speedway updates reconds Poole have already picked Leicester in the semi finals, does anyone know how true this is 

If Redcar progress then I would think Poole would pick them in the semis

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:03 AM, Arthur54 said:

Someone on Scunthorpe speedway updates reconds Poole have already picked Leicester in the semi finals, does anyone know how true this is 

Won't happen mate.

Logistically makes sense for 2 most southern teams and 2 northerns teams to face each other. Financially I'm sure the same as likely to attract more away fans. Chances getting many Edinburgh fans on a hastily arranged midweek October fixture pretty slim

• Like 1

Sincere Congratulations to Poole in adding another league title to their bulging trophy cabinet.

With the league season completed and just a few end of season promoters’ benefit meetings left to contest in wet October, will be interesting to see what will happen in the winter, and what format  UK speedway will go for in 2022.

well done the Pirates! 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Sincere Congratulations to Poole in adding another league title to their bulging trophy cabinet.

With the league season completed and just a few end of season promoters’ benefit meetings left to contest in wet October, will be interesting to see what will happen in the winter, and what format  UK speedway will go for in 2022.

well done the Pirates! 

Poole fans don’t think like that. I know fans of other clubs do this but nothing is won until the second leg of the playoff final and we are not even in the final at the moment.

All to play for.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole fans don’t think like that. I know fans of other clubs do this but nothing is won until the second leg of the playoff final and we are not even in the final at the moment.

All to play for.

Yes, but out of interest if playoffs don't get completed in time does the title revert back to the league leaders. I know I joke about it quite a lot but I'd be interested to know what the rules say, if anyone knows?

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

well done the Pirates! 

whether like the system or not .to win the league we got four more  meetings yet thats providing we get pass the semi finals of course :t:

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Logistically makes sense for 2 most southern teams and 2 northerns teams to face each other. Financially I'm sure the same as likely to attract more away fans. Chances getting many Edinburgh fans on a hastily arranged midweek October fixture pretty slim

Screw that! Just had Leicester in the KOC semi's. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Screw that! Just had Leicester in the KOC semi's. 

Likewise we do Edinburgh if there is even a free fixture for it to happen..also just had Leicester last week. Just what happens in the mad rush that is the championship end of season

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Likewise we do Edinburgh if there is even a free fixture for it to happen..also just had Leicester last week. Just what happens in the mad rush that is the championship end of season

True, Poole did do a rider vote years ago when choosing who to play in the playoffs. Wonder if they still do it? And if anyone would pick Leicester? ;)

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All to play for.

Hey Steve, Poole win everything all of the time that's why I chose to support them remember! :rofl: :rofl: 

Still think we got pick leicester after the result at redcar just my opinion of course

1 minute ago, ray c said:

Still think we got pick leicester after the result at redcar just my opinion of course

Both them will be as difficult as each other tbh, not an easy decision to make! 

Has anyone seen an update on Stefan’s injuries? with this continued lay off waiting for teams to complete fixtures it could be giving us a better change to have Stefan back in the team soon?