British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, MD said:

No one maintains immaculate standards all year. In 2019 Rasmus Jensen stepped up on the occasions Cook did'nt which were mainly on the road. The rationale of building a team with strength from 1-7 was sound however Sedgmen and Wells havent fulfilled what were perceived to be bargain averages. Connor Bailey not showing at the start didnt help and now he appears back at square one, and with no NDL team isnt riding enough to improve. All these issues were present before Oystercard was injured, its just now they are magnified as its was Ulle's scoring that was keeping us afloat.

We might also be wary of making a change even though its glaring we need one. In 2019 we moved Sarjeant on and brought in MBA which backfired. He was somehow worse than Sarjeant.

Think we have learned over the years that there are not many bargain averages around in Speedway.

Though came to me about potential sedgeman replacement, Jonas b Anderson rode for Redcar? Thought was always pretty decent and might be around the 5.5/ 6 average?

17 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think we have learned over the years that there are not many bargain averages around in Speedway.

In my experience it tends to be average bargains.

Edited by False dawn

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The three risks were Sedgmen, Wells and Ostergaard, and only one came off. You need at least one improver in any team. Broc Nicol has increased his average but having shown he was a decent small track rider in 2019, those qualities seem to have deserted him. Ironically Ostergaard may have made himself unemployable next season with an average just under 8.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD said:

The three risks were Sedgmen, Wells and Ostergaard, and only one came off. You need at least one improver in any team. Broc Nicol has increased his average but having shown he was a decent small track rider in 2019, those qualities seem to have deserted him. Ironically Ostergaard may have made himself unemployable next season with an average just under 8.

Didn’t fancy Sedgmen or Ostergaard.Ostergaard proved me wrong .Though Nicol would have been better, but still has potential IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD said:

I think the hope was broc was going to become a 6.5/7 rider based on his end of season form in 2019. While he's done ok I don't think he's lived up to expectations. We're a team with 1 heat leader, 3 second strings and 3 reserves on current form struggle to make play offs at this rate

Justin Sedgmen, Broc Nicol and Sam Jensen have all INCREASED their averages since the season began in May.

Craig Cook and Rickey Wells have seen their averages DROP in the same period.

Just saying......

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Justin Sedgmen, Broc Nicol and Sam Jensen have all INCREASED their averages since the season began in May.

Just saying......

No one is deceived by Sedgmen only beating reserves each meeting. He is a second string unable to beat other second strings.

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Just saying......

Have they increased them by as much as expected!

Just saying….

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Just saying......

More room for manoeuvre.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Really can’t believe how bad Sedgmen has  been at reserve,surely on a  shoogly peg if Tigers are wanting win anything.

Same for a lot of teams. Near neighbours same problem with Lawson.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, Jaizer said:

I think the hope was broc was going to become a 6.5/7 rider based on his end of season form in 2019. While he's done ok I don't think he's lived up to expectations. We're a team with 1 heat leader, 3 second strings and 3 reserves on current form struggle to make play offs at this rate

The teams outside the play-offs are miles behind, Glasgow have no worries about missing out on them!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, Jaizer said:

It’s top 6 for Play Offs,they will be in them,whether they are in the top 2 remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

It’s top 6 for Play Offs,they will be in them,whether they are in the top 2 remains to be seen.

After home and away defeats to Leicester this weekend top 2 will be long gone

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

After home and away defeats to Leicester this weekend top 2 will be long gone

That could possibly be true if that happens.BUT!