British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

On 5/31/2022 at 4:48 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

IMG-20220531-WA0021.jpg

Hooray.......found it at last. It's only took me approx 12 months to discover this new track...........it's coz of my age ya know.

So yes we took a spurious route, after parking, and eventually fund it marra.

And my first impression was how wide the track is compared to Derwent Park's.....surely guaranteed for overtaking?

Can't wait ,as I've said previously, 'til the the action starts, good work guys..........give as a 'C'.......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, singy13 said:

Hooray.......found it at last. It's only took me approx 12 months to discover this new track...........it's coz of my age ya know.

So yes we took a spurious route, after parking, and eventually fund it marra.

And my first impression was how wide the track is compared to Derwent Park's.....surely guaranteed for overtaking?

Can't wait ,as I've said previously, 'til the the action starts, good work guys..........give as a 'C'.......

You must have been early cos I was there from about 2 ish til after half 4 and I will be there tomorrow slowing the job up again...

Pleased you liked the look of the track and watching that GP in Germany tonight (didn't Dan do well) I could definitely  see some similarities between the tracks in size and shape... except ours is better... cos it's in Cumbria UK and not Johnnie Foreigner land...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

You must have been early cos I was there from about 2 ish til after half 4 and I will be there tomorrow slowing the job up again...

Pleased you liked the look of the track and watching that GP in Germany tonight (didn't Dan do well) I could definitely  see some similarities between the tracks in size and shape... except ours is better... cos it's in Cumbria UK and not Johnnie Foreigner land...

Regards 

THJ

Bet it won't  cut up either unlike the German moto x track !!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Yeah it was about 2 ish.......we parked ( daughter and I)and then walked along path beside train track and entered site next to tractor and two containers......could see a few workers right opposite.

I must say that track is very impressive.....still plenty to do with regards to the speccies requirements, but seems plenty of vantage points to please us/them.

Yeah Dan was brilliant, apart from his last two rides......can't fathom why he chose 'white' in his semi though??......it cost him a final place.

By the way John think you and your workers will need to plug that gap that we scrambled through coz those that wont pay might use that way ????....e.g. like those that used ladders outside Derwent Park lol...

Edited by singy13
added words

35 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Yeah it was about 2 ish.......we parked ( daughter and I)and then walked along path beside train track and entered site next to tractor and two containers......could see a few workers right opposite.

I must say that track is very impressive.....still plenty to do with regards to the speccies requirements, but seems plenty of vantage points to please us/them.

Yeah Dan was brilliant, apart from his last two rides......can't fathom why he chose 'white' in his semi though??......it cost him a final place.

By the way John think you and your workers will need to plug that gap that we scrambled through coz those that wont pay might use that way ????....e.g. like those that used ladders outside Derwent Park lol...

You shoukd have come over and said hello... the guys were having a bit of a fight on wid the fence as it had been over tensioned... but like a council job there were 5 of us watching 2 grafting... I was worn out watching all the effort going in...

We were in the Labour Ward in Maryport watching the GP and said the same... Red first we thought and Yellow at a push... but he must have fancied his chances on the White for a bit of an outside run but not the Yellow... never mind The Maryport Marauder done brilliantly and didn't let anyone down...

I will have a look at that back fence tomorrow and see what the craic is... the Rottweilers must have been asleep... or just had their dinners...

We had considered electrifying that back fence until the local travellers pinched all the cable and transformers... looks like we will have to find a back up plan...

Regards 

THJ

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

We had considered electrifying that back fence until the local travellers pinched all the cable and transformers... looks like we will have to find a back up plan...

Yeah John if an old git like me can scramble up and over the pile of soil/debris ( no fence) at that end of the stadium then it's more than likely those energetic travellers will access via there.....some form of fence is sure gonna be best.??

• Thanks 1

WOW!!!

shouldnt belong before bikes are going round there by the looks of things. Still alot of work to do on spectators areas looking at the photos I've seen on facbook etc. Seen some arial photos somewhere looks alot like bell vue and polish tracks.

well done everyone involved

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2022 at 9:33 PM, singy13 said:

I thought it strange, too, but then saw him shoot out of the gate to get to the first bend first(what gate positions are all about). After that it was man & machine v a terrible bumpy, rutted track.

For anyone interested, we had Steve Lawson and Andrew Bain on our show this week. A good 40-minute interview (roughly). Hopefully, you listen to our full show, and even better if we attract you as frequent listeners already or in the future - But for those focused on our chat with Steve and Andrew, it starts 35 minutes into the show. :)

Link to showhttps://open.spotify.com/episode/37g58NbHK8icRMMSxRy7wQ?si=niB8-46_QM6IipoLzZGwMg
Link to our social media: Twitterhttps://mobile.twitter.com/rtb_cast Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/RoundTheBoardsPodcast

• Like 2

Nice to hear the plans but andrew seemed a bit nervous,steve as allways a gentleman lots to look forward too.

35 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Nice to hear the plans but andrew seemed a bit nervous,steve as allways a gentleman lots to look forward too.

Some good words from Steve Lawson, "give the riders a decent track to race on and they will entertain, whether they are  world champions or juniors."

Also" ideally not round a football or rugby pitch and no stock cars"

Edited by topaz325
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Nice to hear the plans but andrew seemed a bit nervous,

So guess you visited northside track geoff?    In what respect did Andrew seem a bit nervous?  You say "nice to hear the plans"........was it his delivery of those 'plans' that perhaps worried him?

On 6/7/2022 at 11:28 PM, Shaggy said:

For anyone interested, we had Steve Lawson and Andrew Bain on our show this week. A good 40-minute interview (roughly). Hopefully, you listen to our full show, and even better if we attract you as frequent listeners already or in the future - But for those focused on our chat with Steve and Andrew, it starts 35 minutes into the show. :)

Link to showhttps://open.spotify.com/episode/37g58NbHK8icRMMSxRy7wQ?si=niB8-46_QM6IipoLzZGwMg
Link to our social media: Twitterhttps://mobile.twitter.com/rtb_cast Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/RoundTheBoardsPodcast

Can highly recommend this podcast :t:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

So guess you visited northside track geoff?    In what respect did Andrew seem a bit nervous?  You say "nice to hear the plans"........was it his delivery of those 'plans' that perhaps worried him?

Sorry geoff I now think your comments were observed from listening to the podcast and not via a northside visitation ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1