British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

sad news for workington fans 

long time fan and helper garry sloan has passed away  

rip porky   

well known around a few tracks from his days on the spanners

• Like 3

Sleep well my friend . put yer spanners down , you will be missed by many speedway fans and riders around the Workington area .

you will be missed  RIP Gaz .sad day .

for any interested 

funeral details for gaz are 12.00 at distington crem tuesday 21 june    no dress code  gaz would like you to ware whatever you wanted 

RASMUS JENSEN Q&A

We have former Workington rider, and famous 2018 treble winner, Rasmus Jensen on the show next week. If anyone wants to add a question for the Dane to answer please don't hesitate to leave one below:party:

Listen to our previous episodes here: https://anchor.fm/roundtheboardspodcast

• Like 2

In some positive news for British Speedway, in light of what's happened over in the the north east, it looks like more brilliant progress was made at the weekend by Steve and the team... :t:

I now make that only 18 active Speedway clubs in the UK now across all 3 leagues, from a time gone by nearly 20 years ago in the early days of the Comets comeback, the old 'Premier League' had 18 actual teams in the league itself...

With the rebirth of the Comets from next season (fingers crossed) hopefully we can add to that number or keep it at that number with the demise of the homeless Monarchs, good times ahead on the north west coast, literally!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

In some positive news for British Speedway, in light of what's happened over in the the north east, it looks like more brilliant progress was made at the weekend by Steve and the team... :t:

I now make that only 18 active Speedway clubs in the UK now across all 3 leagues, from a time gone by nearly 20 years ago in the early days of the Comets comeback, the old 'Premier League' had 18 actual teams in the league itself...

With the rebirth of the Comets from next season (fingers crossed) hopefully we can add to that number or keep it at that number with the demise of the homeless Monarchs, good times ahead on the north west coast, literally!

looks amazing!! Does anyone know what the capacity for the stadium is going to be?

I hope Edinburgh find a new home I'd hope that their local council are cooperative in helping them find a new home or land to build on.

• Like 2

Can't wait to visit...

Looks like another "proper racetrack" that is deliberately set up to suit the modern machinery...

B)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JC81 said:

looks amazing!! Does anyone know what the capacity for the stadium is going to be?

I hope Edinburgh find a new home I'd hope that their local council are cooperative in helping them find a new home or land to build on.

Not sure but there are plans to put in two 600 seat stands.

• Like 2

Looking at the photo, the second safety fence would have to fit in around the bottom of the earth mound. So all that pile of earth needs to be cleared away, the trees demolished and a stand erected. Lots of work to do!

Jenga, as a former Chemistry Technician at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne,  Methanol has no smell and can

burn without a visible flame, if it catches alight.

In the old days of Castrol R used in the engines did have a distinctive smell that people loved when the bikes went

around but sadly those days have sadly gone with the present day oils are much cheaper and better suited to the needs

of the modern day engines.

• Like 1