British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

I think we all know Osborne is blagging based on greyhounds trainers comments. TR just saying what's going on but the silence a month later is very poor from the club. I've always stuck up for them but to not say anything now is out of order. Greyhounds being closed means more rent for the speedway club I assume so have they shut the dogs to finish off the speedway?

Spot on..say no dogs making the rent insane ..maybe he told Russell that the dogs is closing when really it's not.Maybe Tr is in on all the way  with them.So many lies it's just hard to tell .. The club has become a disgrace in all of this..Time for some kind of truth and statement from someone .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think we all know there is not going to be speedway at the Abbey Stadium

Agreed..

But what has amazed me has been the "whimper" that they are going out on...

The fans mustn't give a monkeys given their lack of fight...

Always thought Swindon was still one of the few places left where decent crowds could be generated, so must have had a good following...

If so. Not many seem too bothered about their club going..

Strange...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Agreed..

Always thought Swindon was still one of the few places left where decent crowds could be generated, so must have had a good following...

Strange...

To be fair they probably know It wouldn’t make one bit of difference,just look at the Coventry situation.

Also the sport isn’t exactly thriving here.

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

To be fair they probably know It wouldn’t make one bit of difference,just look at the Coventry situation.

Also the sport isn’t exactly thriving here.

Those who own the stadium have played the long game yet again and supporters get weary but nevertheless it is a sad day to see another team bite the dust. I think that supporters just have to accept the fact that very few like speedway, it is a minority sport and will never galvanise support at any level of government and local authorities have zero interest despite what many a local MP’s will spout on the odd occasion that they want some publicity to get votes come election time. Those in charge of Swindon Speedway have little say in the matter as mere tenants and at best you could say that they are very naive to believe anything other than the inevitable. I would like to think that the Robins will make a comeback but like so many before, without a lot of luck, it could be a long haul. Here’s hoping.

• Like 3

The big question is . and i sure lot of people who work at dogs want to know .. Who told you the Greyhounds were Closing ?  come on Terry ?   Quite clearly is must have been gaming int .. so now you can show the world that they are  telling porkies .

Can't wait to hear the closing down statement .. going to have to change the reason i guess 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I think we all know Osborne is blagging based on greyhounds trainers comments. TR just saying what's going on but the silence a month later is very poor from the club. I've always stuck up for them but to not say anything now is out of order. Greyhounds being closed means more rent for the speedway club I assume so have they shut the dogs to finish off the speedway?

...wouldn't trust anything he says.

The whole Swindon situation has been a sorry affair from the time it was announced that there would be a new stadium...feel sorry for the fans who have been taken for a ride.

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

...wouldn't trust anything he says.

Not sure we can trust anyone who's involved in this . i think it's pretty clear that Swindon and Tr have been paid off by gaming 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Agreed..

Strange...

What’s happened to Alun Rossiter, he seems to have disappeared. I thought he would have been more vocal to be honest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

If this is the case why did Terry Russell not go public on it in the local press and be honest with the supporters and tell the truth for a change. Swindon fans have had enough lies and false statements. 

Agreed and I have always found it a bit of a mystery why several members of the Swindon management team often told us that we would have a new stadium at Blunsdon when there was precious little to indicate that was remotely likely.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, orion said:

Spot on..say no dogs making the rent insane ..maybe he told Russell that the dogs is closing when really it's not.Maybe Tr is in on all the way  with them.So many lies it's just hard to tell .. The club has become a disgrace in all of this..Time for some kind of truth and statement from someone .

You have been slated for years because you dared not to be swayed by  the   b……….         .I knew it in my heart this was happening but the funny thing is it still is a huge shock hard to except.The Abbey has been a huge part of my life and no one can take away the great memories i won’t be going to anymore live speedway my heart is not in it anymore.I hope the sport goes on to prosper but i think not my yesteryear collection will be my main passion now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

At least I was there for the last ever meeting in 2019 when Swindon did the Double in front of 3500 chanting, singing fans. Some great Abbey memories of Briggo, Broady, Kilby, Ashby, Crumpie, Adams, Doyley, etc., Just be the very occasional trip 30 miles up the road to Oxford now for me.:(

Russell has always been a bit of a wideboy. I imagine his interest in the sport fizzled out when his cut of Sky money stopped. Doubt he's even interested in reviving Swindon anymore.

The worst out of all of this is Rossiter and Kilby. These are supposedly Swindon through and through and have backed the bullsh1t and lies for many years and even had a pop at the fans for questioning GI and the new stadium. Rosco sitting on bikes with plans and telling everyone it will happen was pathetic

You could see it wasn't happening from a mile off but Rosco wouldn't have it. He's happy to get front and centre when a trophy is being lifted but he has been very quiet lately. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

You have been slated for years because you dared not to be swayed by  the   b……….         .I knew it in my heart this was happening but the funny thing is it still is a huge shock hard to except.The Abbey has been a huge part of my life and no one can take away the great memories i won’t be going to anymore live speedway my heart is not in it anymore.I hope the sport goes on to prosper but i think not my yesteryear collection will be my main passion now.

I think that post sums up how a lot of us are feeling today sid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe Lee Kilby..rather explain what going on etc ..Just gote on a Facebook rant of self pity about himself..Not sure he understands that the town and many people have lost there speedway for good.. That much more important than him  .People want answers and he one of the people who should be  giving them .