British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

26 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It was there last season. I remember someone mentioning it during the season and then checking it was there.

18.6.1 in 2019 regulations.

So if it has gone does this not contradict the AGM statement about no tinkering?

15 minutes ago, arnieg said:

18.6.1 in 2019 regulations.

So if it has gone does this not contradict the AGM statement about no tinkering?

Certainly does. Unless Rosco forgot to check!

38 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Plus he`s signed for Lejonen in Sweden(didn`t do Sweden last year)

Yes he has, on his average I hope he's back. 

Cant you guys keep your top 4

Doyle

Perks

Ellis

Jensen

Batch

Sedgman

Rowe

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was shouted down on various threads for suggesting Jensen could find himself frozen out due to such a dramatic improvement in 2019 - seems it's likely to be the case now

Would also be a huge risk for any other club looking at his home/away split. Could easily end up dropping at least half a point

For that reason as they say on Dragons Den - I'm out!!

You may be right for other clubs, but for Swindon he should have been selected ahead of Batch IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Non British rider so his average can be no lower than 4

Mind you I wouldn't want him even on a 3

I assume the 4 point minimum for foreigners is a recent invention?

In 2018 Mitchell Davey signed for Swindon on 2.51 and in 2016 Klindt signed for Leicester on 3.53.

And it appears that they can go below 4 mid-season because Wells went down to 3.66 for Poole.

2 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I have to say I am pleased to see Batchelor and Doyle back. Mighty impressed with Batch last season. He’s always looked good, even in his early days, but watching him last season he looks a tremendous rider now. He can be relied upon to deliver when it matters, and he did so last season.

Another potent spearhead for the Robins  Surely Adam Ellis, Perks and Jensen will join them now  

I hope so ER , Rasser is so good at home and he is useful away and he can still improve in that department.That top four is awesome even on a bad day we will collect the bonus point.Ellis Perks can improve he is better than his average Rosco does have a difficult task though with that five to complete his team Jeppesen could be someone who could be a player.? 

33 minutes ago, DC2 said:

You may be right for other clubs, but for Swindon he should have been selected ahead of Batch IMO.

Rasser is a great third heatleader but Batchelor is an awesome number two and he rides the new Abbey track brilliantly.Having an option of having Doyley/Batch in heat's 13/15 is brilliant a real bonus.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Rasser is a great third heatleader but Batchelor is an awesome number two and he rides the new Abbey track brilliantly.Having an option of having Doyley/Batch in heat's 13/15 is brilliant a real bonus.

Yes, agreed, but to re-build to 42.5 we’re going to have at least one reserve like Jack Smith.

1 hour ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

Agreed then just need someone to improve a bit in lower order and ur in play offs no problem.

Not easy Paddy but that top four will score 40 plus most weeks.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Yes, agreed, but to re-build to 42.5 we’re going to have at least one reserve like Jack Smith.

A Jack Smith type now  would not even be aloud to ride in the Premiership even young Anders Rowe i believe is just below the required criteria.?? average wise.Batchelor is comfortable at Swindon he is happy and he is a damn good rider at home he was terrific and to have the two Aussie's in heat 13/15 is a real plus.

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

A Jack Smith type now  would not even be aloud to ride in the Premiership even young Anders Rowe i believe is just below the required criteria.?? average wise.Batchelor is comfortable at Swindon he is happy and he is a damn good rider at home he was terrific and to have the two Aussie's in heat 13/15 is a real plus.

Good point.

But Perks on 3.57 is looking like the senior reserve.

Maybe Connor Mountain on a 3?

Or Stefan on 3.81, if only he could last a season.

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

I assume the 4 point minimum for foreigners is a recent invention?

In 2018 Mitchell Davey signed for Swindon on 2.51 and in 2016 Klindt signed for Leicester on 3.53.

And it appears that they can go below 4 mid-season because Wells went down to 3.66 for Poole.

wells is a 4.00 on final averages.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

There was an interview - I think in the local paper - where he said something that hinted he would not ride here next year. I can't remember the exact comment, but a lot of people interpreted it that way.

As skidded said that was after the Peterborough meeting but all he said in the local rag was that he’d review things at the end of the season.

On his average he would probably fit more than Rasser to have more points at reserve.

When you think we started with Zach & Shanes in 2019 then with even Ellis at reserve we’d be a definite improvement.