British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Announced on Leicester website today that they have purchased Swindon's track equipment.

Not helping the cause, probably just adds weight to the argument that speedway is unviable in Swindon.

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

Not helping the cause, probably just adds weight to the argument that speedway is unviable in Swindon.

'gone to the dogs'.

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Announced on Leicester website today that they have purchased Swindon's track equipment.

Will it stay within the 45 mins requirement to keep the myth going? :blink:

I guess the rider assets are being picked over by the vultures.

So Swindon are working flat out to find a new track, despite already having a perfectly serviceable track.

Now they're going to be working flat out to get new track equipment, despite having just sold perfectly good track equipment.

They do love a challenge.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

So Swindon are working flat out to find a new track, despite already having a perfectly serviceable track.

Now they're going to be working flat out to get new track equipment, despite having just sold perfectly good track equipment.

They do love a challenge.

The Scenario we have is this...

Speedway at a brand new purpose built stadium...

On the same site that has showcased the sport for decades...

In a well populated town where pretty much everyone will have heard of Swindon Speedway at some stage...

With a great many of them knowing exactly where it is and will at some stage have visited....

And also got decent crowds which were some of the best in the country...

Isn"t "viable"....

Yet.. 

Building a completely new track "somewhere" within a 45 minute radius of this well populated town with a tradition for following Speedway in numbers, seemingly WILL be "viable"...

All very "strange" isnt it?

Are the dogs still going by the way? As wasnt that the issue Swindon Speedway wouldnt be viable..?

If so, I presume the dogs will go with them "somewhere" within a 45 minute radius too, as they appear to be fundamental to Speedways success..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

there seems to be space at Swindon Supermarine's facility. Do any locals know if this has been looked at

• Like 1

And, just to rub salt into the wounds, they would appear to be calling the estate built on the grounds Robin Gardens. Talk about taking the piss.

6 minutes ago, BuzzCagney said:

And, just to rub salt into the wounds, they would appear to be calling the estate built on the grounds Robin Gardens. Talk about taking the piss.

They should call it Robin B’Stards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

They should call it Robin B’Stards.

I'd truly like to get up there with a shaker can and rework that Coming Soon advertising.

Just remember, at the next election, on the unlikely off chance you are struggling to find a reason not to vote Conservative, Justin Tomlimson completely failed us despite all his chat. 

I once told him we wouldn't forget if he messed this up. Well, mess it up he did.

Edited by BuzzCagney

On 11/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, iainb said:

Always sounds a bit like grave robbing when you hear news like this

Any track could have bought the track equipment, but the strange thing is it had to be moved with in a week?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Any track could have bought the track equipment, but the strange thing is it had to be moved with in a week?  

I understand why they do it, liquidising their assets, just has a finality about it. I'm guessing Leicester were keen to get on with their "improvements"

Re the equipment, maybe it's not what they want to use if and when they get a new venue !!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Trees said:

Re the equipment, maybe it's not what they want to use if and when they get a new venue !!

As it had to be moved within a week I’m guessing it’s more a case of they had nowhere to store it.

Might be mistaken but the tractor at Sheffield looks very much like the one at Blackbird Road in the 1970's and 1980's. Built to last, those Fergusons.