British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

Brilliant looking top end, be interesting to see what the rest of the team looks like, gonna have to be a couple in the 3.00-4.00 range, who would be linked to Mildenhall at that end of the team? Will the likes of Alex Spooner, Josh Warren, Sam Bebee, Luke Muff return? Interesting times ahead. Always love to see NL teams with a big hitting experienced number 1, and Alfie is one of the best... Really want to get down to Mildenhall this year as I've never had the chance with the Diamonds usually riding on a Sunday and being at work most Mondays :sad:

Best of luck in 2023

Lee Complin 100 Club 

After multiple enquiries from fans re sponsorship we have put together a 100 Club for those people who want to be involved in Lee’s race season on a smaller financial basis.

The Lee Complin 100 Club is now available for 100 special Lee Complin supporters at a rate of £100 via PayPal or Bank Transfer.

This money will help Lee fund some of the lower priced items throughout the entire season, cables, grips, clutch plates you name it, all the small things that are vital to keep him ahead of the game and more importantly ahead of his competitors.

Everyone who’s part of the 100 Club will see their name on Lee’s race suit, bikes and on his dedicated 100 Club Pit Banners.

To sign up for the 100 club drop a message to 07593022417.

551C3D72-2471-4E2B-AA19-7C0932544D70.jpeg

Applications have started to trickle in so please get in touch asap to back Lee in his 2023 campaign and be a part of his team. We’ve had a few questions already re people not wanting to appear on the banner or receive any exposure and of course that’s no problem. We’d just be delighted to have you on board and your support will be invaluable to Lee throughout the year.

Commonwealth Star to join Fen Tigers septet!

Joining Alfie and Lee in the main body of the 2023 Mildenhall DJS Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, is New Zealander George Congreve.

23 year old George was the New Zealand U21 Champion in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and rode for Newcastle in the Championship in 2022 before they closed early in the season. George also rode on the Isle of Wight with considerable success!

George joins the Fen Tigers on an attractive 4.50 average and we are confident he will prove an exciting addition to the team and will receive a warm welcome from supporters. George is due to arrive in the UK early in March.

11 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Commonwealth Star to join Fen Tigers septet!

Joining Alfie and Lee in the main body of the 2023 Mildenhall DJS Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, is New Zealander George Congreve.

23 year old George was the New Zealand U21 Champion in 2019, 2020 and 2021 and rode for Newcastle in the Championship in 2022 before they closed early in the season. George also rode on the Isle of Wight with considerable success!

George joins the Fen Tigers on an attractive 4.50 average and we are confident he will prove an exciting addition to the team and will receive a warm welcome from supporters. George is due to arrive in the UK early in March.

Surprised to see him on a 4.50 average

I like George and its good for him to get a NDL place but surely he has to be an 8 point rider (2 x his CL assessed 4.00). Im guessing Newcastles abolished results see him on a false and attractive low average. 

Hard to arge that he won'be taking the place of a Brit though. 

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Surprised to see him on a 4.50 average

Agreed would be interested to know how a commonwealth rider who has a championship average of 4.00 joins the NDL on a 4.50. Considering I know there’s another commonwealth rider who average is basically double.

I'm surprised he's entered on such a low average. Looking forward to seeing how he goes. 1 more rider announcement to come this evening from the club 

22 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Agreed would be interested to know how a commonwealth rider who has a championship average of 4.00 joins the NDL on a 4.50. Considering I know there’s another commonwealth rider who average is basically double.

I assumed allowing commonwealth riders into the NL was to ensure there was enough "quality" to fill 8 teams. But now I worry young Brits on 5+ averages could get left on the sidelines.

No issue with Congreave, my issue is with his average.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I assumed allowing commonwealth riders into the NL was to ensure there was enough "quality" to fill 8 teams. But now I worry young Brits on 5+ averages could get left on the sidelines.

No issue with Congreave, my issue is with his average.

Thing is you probably care more about British riders been without a ride than the management committee do. I like you have no issues with commonwealth riders taking part but on a 4.5 average is just ridiculous 

Absolute joke if true.

No objection to Commonwealth riders coming in to strengthen up teams, but a 4.00 Championship rider is 8.00 in the NDL.

A 4.00 CL British rider would drop into NDL on 8.00.    Should be the same for a foreigner.   Why on earth should we be giving advantages to foreigners over our own?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Thing is you probably care more about British riders been without a ride than the management committee do. I like you have no issues with commonwealth riders taking part but on a 4.5 average is just ridiculous 

Of the same opinion all for commonwealth riders getting a spot to fill the spots so to speak on those higher averages. But this is taking advantage of the system and is very poor imo. 

I know there’s a rider not been announced by another team who’s coming in on double his championship average. Roynon last year came in on double his so the question needs to asked and answered from either Mildenhall themselves or the BSPA.

Typical British Speedway looking after the foreigners over their own. Well it's this country all over to be honest not just Speedway.

It will be very interesting to see how George does in the NDL.  I watched him in all his home meetings (and one or two away) and he really struggled last year.

Totally agree though with most, saying his average is ridiculously low.  Although, having said that, he was nowhere near a 4pt Champ Ave rider.