British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

On 1/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, Ghosty said:

Are the Mildenhall management taking any steps to avoid running ANY meetings within 1 or 2 days of any bangers or stock cars having been staged?

This can surely be sorted @ this time with the 2 fixture co-ordinators involved.

Then with that sorted I wish the 2023 fen tigers good crowds an enjoyable free from injuries season with all home meeting completed with-in 2 hours.

If this isn't possible it's time to start looking to build a new (free from bangers) track.   

Nobody else bothered?

The Stock Car and Banger fixtures have been published so the Speedway should be able to work around them.

20 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’d rather see a competitive league than a side of 5 3/4 pointers getting hammered home and away. 

with 2/3 non Brits taking part is it really affecting the league as much as you’re making out? not really.

Only to the degree that 2/3 British riders are denied a place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Only to the degree that 2/3 British riders are denied a place.

What ones of the 7/8 point average riders are being taken by commonwealth riders? Only reason they’re being used is cause there isn’t enough capable heat leaders about.

58 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

What ones of the 7/8 point average riders are being taken by commonwealth riders? Only reason they’re being used is cause there isn’t enough capable heat leaders about.

None I'd say Edwards not in nl this year, gilkes no doubt not in nl, lawson/jpb retired so as u say just covering lack of heat leaders. 

10 minutes ago, mc131 said:

None I'd say Edwards not in nl this year, gilkes no doubt not in nl, lawson/jpb retired so as u say just covering lack of heat leaders. 

Don't think Ryan Kinsley is fixed up with a team place for this coming season at the mo who rode at NL level the season just gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

So why set the points limit so high ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So why set the points limit so high ?

To fit Aussies in . 
Have Ryan Kingsley Ashley Morris Max Clegg Drew kemp got place in any uk team this year 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

To fit Aussies in . 
Have Ryan Kingsley Ashley Morris Max Clegg Drew kemp got place in any uk team this year 

Thought it was mentioned on another thread that Ash Morris may of retired, ain't seen Clegg or Kemp announced in any teams thus far.

2 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Thought it was mentioned on another thread that Ash Morris may of retired, ain't seen Clegg or Kemp announced in any teams thus far.

Didn't the that about Ash shame if it's true

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

To fit Aussies in . 

Surely max and drew have near 12 averages tho? Big chunk of team building on 1 rider.

I personally think the league looks very competitive frim teams built so far.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Surely max and drew have near 12 averages tho? Big chunk of team building on 1 rider.

Not sure on averages but when there is riders of this calibre missing out how can the argument of not enough riders of heat leader level be substantiated. I also believe it's a strong competitive league and thoroughly looking forward to it.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mc131 said:

49 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Not sure on averages but when there is riders of this calibre missing out how can the argument of not enough riders of heat leader level be substantiated. I also believe it's a strong competitive league and thoroughly looking forward to it.

Av heard Stephan Nielsen nearly made it into the team and thats another Heat Leader in the mix...

Pleanty of riders out there looking for teams...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

I got shot down on a Facebook group when I suggested British Riders such as those mentioned above should be used as number 1s and captain for each team (1 per side) in like a draft system forget about their averages and have a lower points limit to use for the other 6 riders per side.

Edited by Fozzie4388

Is James Shanes not looking for a NL team place. Heat leader ( 8.66 ) for Mildy last season.