British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Surely most Aussie lads just need to drive a bit inland & find a bit of scrub land to practice?

A Match Race v Skippy.?

Not sure he would be a good benchmark as to their progress though to be honest....:D

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

A Match Race v Skippy.?

Not sure he would be a good benchmark as to their progress though to be honest....:D

Well I've seen it with my own 2 eyes & that rider become a World Champion........

The Fen Tigers 2023 team is complete!

The Mildenhall DJS Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery are very pleased to announce that the final part of their 2023 team is 18 year old North Walsham racer William Richardson. William was a regular during 2021 practising at the club after meetings and took his place in the U21 Semi Final as an unattached rider in April 2022. After making an excellent start in his opening race he was clipped by another rider which resulted in a season ending leg injury.

Now fully fit and raring to go the Norfolk youngster is determined to make a success of this opportunity. Everyone at the club will be fully supporting William as he makes his initial steps in league racing. William starts thason on a 3 point average.

Let's give William a massive Fen Tiger family welcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to all the people who have joined my 100 Club to help support me in the 2023 Speedway Season. We still have space for more of you to get on board so if you’d like to be part of the team call 07593 022417.

lee 100 smaller 2.jpg

Taken from britishspeedway.co.uk

“Also by putting the start time back an hour to 4pm we will have more time for track preparation to cope with the range of weather conditions that can affect a speedway track – more time to dry out if that’s needed, and more time to deal with a dry track in the heat of summer.”

While that all makes sense, what if you've got a dry day but rain forecast from 5pm? While it's not ideal for fans planning ahead, being able to change the start team each week depending on the weather might help get meetings on?

On 3/23/2023 at 7:11 PM, szkocjasid said:

Taken from britishspeedway.co.uk

“Also by putting the start time back an hour to 4pm we will have more time for track preparation to cope with the range of weather conditions that can affect a speedway track – more time to dry out if that’s needed, and more time to deal with a dry track in the heat of summer.”

While that all makes sense, what if you've got a dry day but rain forecast from 5pm? While it's not ideal for fans planning ahead, being able to change the start team each week depending on the weather might help get meetings on?

You can't help the weather. Impossible to keep chopping and changing the start

• Like 4

It was stated in the programme on Sunday attendances of 450 are hoped for,I was wondering if the attendance was at that level.

36 minutes ago, Robbo 403 said:

It was stated in the programme on Sunday attendances of 450 are hoped for,I was wondering if the attendance was at that level.

Probably not, but it was undoubtedly up on last season, and the speedy conclusion should ensure that the trend remains positive.

Why are people posting on a Mildenhall 2022 site, when there is a Mildenhall 2023 site to post on?

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Why are people posting on a Mildenhall 2022 site, when there is a Mildenhall 2023 site to post on?

Perhaps they want to go back to the future? :unsure:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I had changed the topic title but it hadn't saved for some reason. Edited now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adz_mft said:

I had changed the topic title but it hadn't saved for some reason. Edited now 

Didn't save due to the nut behind the mouse. I have the same problem most days lol.

Expecting Mildenhall to be in the cup final holding a 2 point lead going into today's second leg

6 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Proving to be another Fen Tigers marathon. 

What is it?  13 or 14 falls and exclusions so far, and 2 riders withdrawn injured and a 3rd being looked at by the medics.    

Has nothing improved?

• Like 1