Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Kings Lynn vs Ipswich Witches May 17th 7.30pm

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I’d probably agree with that. Bridger will get better the more meetings he rides and while some will question whether Proctor has it in him to get going he needs more than one meeting. 

Essentially tonight Lynn could have won but for Cook and Riss starting slowly and Rowe having an absolute wordie.

Shoulda woulda coulda of course but its not all doom and gloom. 

No need to panic,  but there are a lot stronger teams than Ippo to visit Saddlebow 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Will start off with a massive congratulations to Anders Rowe. Super performance which even though it was for the auld enemy, bodes well for the future of British speedway.

Good to be back and there was some good racing with Riss coming from last to second in the final heat being the pick.

Bridger was much better than his score suggests and could have easily had more. He was in the mix in every heat.

We never really looked in the meeting until the end but if a couple of things had gone our way, the score could have actually been closer. We were on a 5-1 in heat 9 before bike problems for Kerr & Jorgensen turned it into a 4-2 the other way. Ostergaard should have also been excluded in heat 10 for having both wheels over the white line which would have been a 5-1 instead of a 4-2.

Overall though can’t argue over the result because we just weren’t at the races early on. But as track dried out we certainly improved.

Edited by Speedball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ritchie knows his stuff :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep I’d probably agree with that. Bridger will get better the more meetings he rides and while some will question whether Proctor has it in him to get going he needs more than one meeting. 

Essentially tonight Lynn could have won but for Cook and Riss starting slowly and Rowe having an absolute wordie.

Shoulda woulda coulda of course but its not all doom and gloom. 

Not a bad meeting in the end,some good racing and bend 4 seemed to have some super grip if you hit it right that would propel you forward an extra 20 yards.

Anders Rowe,brilliant.What can you say he won Ipswich the match.Roll on the SON in a couple of years.

Kinsley will struggle like most of us thought,whilst there were better riders to choose.But he is one of Allitts boys;)

Proctor was very poor.Ok he needs more than one match,but he has to be more professional and turn up before 19:30.That was disgraceful and should be fined for that.If the match had started on time he wouldn't have:angry:

And with a bit of luck we could have won with Kerr's e/f being critical.

Let's not forget our poor management too,do they really know our riders.Heat 7 6pts down tac sub time,of course not.Jorgensen flying at the time,loves a wet track stick him in,no we don't want to do that.Ipswich used their noddle,i even called it:rolleyes:Danny King ht1 R/R again loves wet track get out there get 3pts.Well done Hawkins.

So a culmination of a few things and we could get better,but i do feel these will be the bottom 2 in the league.I hope they would be the top 2 and get in the final,that would be something else.

Was the crowd really restricted to 1000.That's the biggest crowd of seen in a while 2,000-2,500 maybe,what do others think?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Yeah 3 points is good,,, but we do have a habit of blowing big leads over the years.  

But massif start with away win,,, could be huge in a couple of months time 

Top of the table clash Thursday,, and I see another 3 points coming our way 

I've just got back from lynn and what an excellent performance that was. Yes we were a bit leggy towards the end but the hard work was done in the first 10 heats.

Since 2019 we seemed to have got that hunger and desire back to want to win again. And lets be honest most of us probably predicted a defeat with a weakened team.

For me this bodes well for another good season and hopefully back to full strength on Thursday. Let's keep the faith and well done to Richie and Chris.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

i do feel these will be the bottom 2 in the league.

They certainly won't be the top two!

Think Ipswich are better than Dad's army at Peterborough & Wolves.

Who was Ostergaard guesting for?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not a bad meeting in the end,some good racing and bend 4 seemed to have some super grip if you hit it right that would propel you forward an extra 20 yards.

Anders Rowe,brilliant.What can you say he won Ipswich the match.Roll on the SON in a couple of years.

Kinsley will struggle like most of us thought,whilst there were better riders to choose.But he is one of Allitts boys;)

Proctor was very poor.Ok he needs more than one match,but he has to be more professional and turn up before 19:30.That was disgraceful and should be fined for that.If the match had started on time he wouldn't have:angry:

And with a bit of luck we could have won with Kerr's e/f being critical.

Let's not forget our poor management too,do they really know our riders.Heat 7 6pts down tac sub time,of course not.Jorgensen flying at the time,loves a wet track stick him in,no we don't want to do that.Ipswich used their noddle,i even called it:rolleyes:Danny King ht1 R/R again loves wet track get out there get 3pts.Well done Hawkins.

So a culmination of a few things and we could get better,but i do feel these will be the bottom 2 in the league.I hope they would be the top 2 and get in the final,that would be something else.

Was the crowd really restricted to 1000.That's the biggest crowd of seen in a while 2,000-2,500 maybe,what do others think?

I agree from where I was standing on the 3rd turn it looked a decent crowd certainly more than a thousand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Not a bad meeting in the end,some good racing and bend 4 seemed to have some super grip if you hit it right that would propel you forward an extra 20 yards.

Anders Rowe,brilliant.What can you say he won Ipswich the match.Roll on the SON in a couple of years.

Kinsley will struggle like most of us thought,whilst there were better riders to choose.But he is one of Allitts boys;)

Proctor was very poor.Ok he needs more than one match,but he has to be more professional and turn up before 19:30.That was disgraceful and should be fined for that.If the match had started on time he wouldn't have:angry:

And with a bit of luck we could have won with Kerr's e/f being critical.

Let's not forget our poor management too,do they really know our riders.Heat 7 6pts down tac sub time,of course not.Jorgensen flying at the time,loves a wet track stick him in,no we don't want to do that.Ipswich used their noddle,i even called it:rolleyes:Danny King ht1 R/R again loves wet track get out there get 3pts.Well done Hawkins.

So a culmination of a few things and we could get better,but i do feel these will be the bottom 2 in the league.I hope they would be the top 2 and get in the final,that would be something else.

Was the crowd really restricted to 1000.That's the biggest crowd of seen in a while 2,000-2,500 maybe,what do others think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both car parks were full before start time. Looked a very healthy crowd. 
why no kings Lynn tactical ??? Mad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We thought the same about TS why was this not utilised, we could have won this meeting with more creative use of team members. We had the same at times last season. To win you need to put the right riders in the races, not dither about. Also why wasn’t the track work done sooner, seemed to spend ages circling the infield with the brushes when blading the track should have been done, not waiting until after the riders track walk. I’m sure we will have better nights, hopefully riders will get dialled in quicker, we lost track in the first 8 heats.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry I thought pretty tame. Did not see why remedial track action was not taken sooner. Despite the efforts of stadium management to  create social distancing in the grandstand there were a good few who chose to ignore this and remove the ropes blocking off  the restricted areas.

Whenever I go to KL I always feel that despite the undeniable cosmetic improvement to the stadium  , from a viewing perspective things were better in the old days.

Edited by wealdstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen these quotes after the meeting from Shroeck.I'm a fan and i want to see my team win at the end of the day.I'm not happy when i see the team manager say that he is 'content' after a defeat to your local rivals,he felt like they went away with nothing:blink:3pts is what they went away with.And how can you be pleased overall,we lost.I hope behind closed doors he has had a few sharp words with the riders and told them to get the set ups right a bit quicker next time,not put your arms around them and say you done alright really.

I can't wait to see what Allitt has to say;)It will be the same old rubbish no doubt.

TEAM boss Peter Schroeck declared himself content as King’s Lynn's late flurry denied derby rivals Ipswich all four points in a 47-43 defeat.

“I feel like they went away with nothing in the end, even though they got the win,” said Schroeck.
The boys started to find the right set-ups and we got there in the end so I am quite pleased overall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

“I feel like they went away with nothing in the end, even though they got the win”

:D

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy