British Speedway Forum
Lionspride

Leicester vs Edinburgh 22/5/21

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

That’s the spirit get the excuses in early.

I’ve had a year of not being able to gaz. :D

Just had a heavy downpour for around 20 minutes... this was around half a mile from the stadium, seemed to be just the edge of the shower from where I was, may have missed the stadium altogether, not sure.

Will be setting off soon. Where's the best place to look  for notification if it is rained off so I can turn off and head for the nearest chippy? Does the Leicester website notify quickly?

13 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Will be setting off soon. Where's the best place to look  for notification if it is rained off so I can turn off and head for the nearest chippy? Does the Leicester website notify quickly?

Should hear it first on Twitter I would have thought... Only I'm blocked from their Twitter account lol

Thanks for that.

Have you been a naughty boy? Hope they let you into the stadium.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just had a heavy downpour for around 20 minutes... this was around half a mile from the stadium, seemed to be just the edge of the shower from where I was, may have missed the stadium altogether, not sure.

Save that track watering that was mentioned earlier:D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bluebee said:

Thanks for that.

Have you been a naughty boy? Hope they let you into the stadium.

They didn't like it last time I was warning them there was a ruddy great cloud full of rain on its way and telling them they should get on with it as they were faffing about... needless to say the meeting was abandoned. I'm sure they'll let me in, they wouldn't turn away £17... would they?

BTW... let me know if it's off lol

Ps it's just started raining again

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’ve had a year of not being able to gaz. :D

You should take a leaf out of Jan Anderson’s confidence, all guns blazing with a comfortable away win.

Thats the way do it.

btw I’m gutted for Hibs today :D.

or maybe not.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

Meeting postponed!

7 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

I'm actually at the track.

It’s dry and breezy and the weather forecast is for no more rain. The meeting is deffo on. The track will be good , in fact it may have to be watered during tonights meeting.

Spoke to soon with the weather the way it is there is no one who should ever say its definitely on?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

It’s dry and breezy and the weather forecast is for no more rain. The meeting is deffo on. The track will be good , in fact it may have to be watered during tonights meeting.

It certainly got watered,just to early though.:P

45 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You should take a leaf out of Jan Anderson’s confidence, all guns blazing with a comfortable away win.

Thats the way do it.

btw I’m gutted for Hibs today :D.

or maybe not.

I can imagine you felt so sorry for us at full time. :D

Aaaaaaah!  Drove up to see cars coming out. Why could that be 'cos it's bright and sunny and definitely RayBan weather. Told it was off. Restrained myself from cursing too loudly as there were a few foreigners around who had obviously travelled across distant borders. Cold chips on the way home. The speedway season has started again and all is back to normal.

The guys in the car park who broke the news were nice though. We'll be back!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

YEAH RIGHT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1