British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny KoC 2nd Leg 12/06/21

3 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

has anyone noticed that twice in the last two meetings at leicester, some riders have returned to the pits after a starting offence without penalty!!

40 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

It was watered thoroughly before the meeting: I saw it being done.

That may well have been the case... it clearly needed watering after the parade (why was everybody wearing helmets except from Josh Auty) and before heat 1. Then the same old practice of then watering it from mid-track to the fence when all the riders are riding the inside line

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

That may well have been the case... it clearly needed watering after the parade (why was everybody wearing helmets except from Josh Auty) and before heat 1. Then the same old practice of then watering it from mid-track to the fence when all the riders are riding the inside line

Stewart Dickson admitted that he had not watered enough pre-meeting.

So you didn't notice the outside racing lines lines that in particular Proctor, Jorgensen, Lambert (along with others) were taking?

It’s pleasing to hear that Josh Auty has escaped serious injuries other than deep concussion as at one point he was quite poorly and it looked like it was going to be a major incident hence why it took so long to get him off track and why none of the medical staff could return to the track until he was in the care of county ambulance who to be fair to last night were very prompt once they knew the potential severity of the injuries.

Hopefully Josh he will be back on a bike in the next few weeks and to me was just a racing incident

Stewart was very open and admitted that the  track was too slick to start with but one of the issues you have a Leicester is bends 3 & 4 are not in the sun at the same time during evening meetings so if water heavy just before the start it is very wet coming out of bend 4 . 

With regards to Sun breaks these are essential for rider safety and a prime example of this was at Scunthorpe on Friday night Adam Roynons crash in heat 15 was caused by sunlight in his eyes 

On the team front it was good to see Ty Proctor looking more comfortable on the bike and scoring good points, Josh Bates form  is very concerning and it’s not a speed issue he is not getting out of the start and riding wrong lines not just for Leicester but also for Sheffield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It’s pretty obvious nowadays the watering from mid track to the fence is because that’s what the riders want,and is just to keep the dust down for spectators,no regard in trying to improve the racing.Gate and Go rules the day.You only have to watch Polish track watering to see how it is done,unfortunately we are not in the league regarding equipment and track prep these days.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s pretty obvious nowadays the watering from mid track to the fence is because that’s what the riders want,and is just to keep the dust down for spectators,no regard in trying to improve the racing.Gate and Go rules the day.You only have to watch Polish track watering to see how it is done,unfortunately we are not in the league regarding equipment and track prep these days.

Do you spend a lot of pre match days watching track men water tracks ?  Your comments suggest not!
It’s a dark art and unless your involved in such activity the average fan has no comprehension on the difficulties involved in preparing a track to suit good racing, the fans and the weather.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Do you spend a lot of pre match days watching track men water tracks ?  Your comments suggest not!
It’s a dark art and unless your involved in such activity the average fan has no comprehension on the difficulties involved in preparing a track to suit good racing, the fans and the weather.

The Promotions are running business, they should be getting it right to entertain the paying public difficult or not.Poland get it right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Well the dark art didn't work and that was by admission of Leicester's own management! The track was slick and dusty and hope that the management can sort it out bit better the next time. If lessons are learnt then that's fine by me.

On to a cheerier note I thought the crowd was good considering. It was nice to see a range of ages too which seems to contradict the impression sometimes given on this forum. Teenagers, young families at us oldies Leicester is the nearest track to me now Brandon has gone. It seems a nice club - all the people I interacted with - car  park, gate, ticket office were very friendly and helpful.

It was so good to be back at a speedway track again despite the problems. The best thing to say is - I'll be back!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Stewart Dickson admitted that he had not watered enough pre-meeting.

So you didn't notice the outside racing lines lines that in particular Proctor, Jorgensen, Lambert (along with others) were taking?

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

It’s pleasing to hear that Josh Auty has escaped serious injuries other than deep concussion as at one point he was quite poorly and it looked like it was going to be a major incident hence why it took so long to get him off track and why none of the medical staff could return to the track until he was in the care of county ambulance who to be fair to last night were very prompt once they knew the potential severity of the injuries.

Hopefully Josh he will be back on a bike in the next few weeks and to me was just a racing incident

Stewart was very open and admitted that the  track was too slick to start with but one of the issues you have a Leicester is bends 3 & 4 are not in the sun at the same time during evening meetings so if water heavy just before the start it is very wet coming out of bend 4 . 

With regards to Sun breaks these are essential for rider safety and a prime example of this was at Scunthorpe on Friday night Adam Roynons crash in heat 15 was caused by sunlight in his eyes 

On the team front it was good to see Ty Proctor looking more comfortable on the bike and scoring good points, Josh Bates form  is very concerning and it’s not a speed issue he is not getting out of the start and riding wrong lines not just for Leicester but also for Sheffield 

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand what track watering is designed to achieve in this country, is it to keep the dust down for the fans or to make the track better for the riders? All I know is that when the track is watered in the GP's or on Polish coverage the whole track is watered not just the outside. If you were watering to keep the fans clean and allow them to see the action they have paid for why would you not water the inside where all of the dust is coming from.

The sun break seems to be a relatively modern phenomenon in Speedway, I'm not sure what's changed since when I started watching in the late 70's and now. I assume the start time has been changed to 7pm to try and avoid a sun delay, it wouldn't have made a difference last night anyway even without Auty's crash as the track work they carried out made things drag out.

Glad to hear Auty's injury isn't as bad as was feared.

Give it a couple more meetings and believe we will start to become the force we are on paper. Have to say impressed with both the Thompson lads really developing fast breath of fresh air. Bates is a worry down to confidence as on  his day can beat 80% of this league but time is running out to keep his place.

Did any one notice after the incident the heats went very quickly 2 mins on pretty much after the previous race had finished why can’t this be the norm... only negative that frustrates me all we see is clubs in trouble crowds down but Leicester continues to be strong. Why is the no longer a proper rider intro,  riders at the start line with bikes interview both captains and managers before meeting.  Riding round intro is poor.

Also riders should be told win heat lap of honour get the atmosphere going.

Any way onwards and updates. Roll on Redcar.

• Like 2

Injury news regarding Josh Auty seems more positive than it could've been, after scans that have back all clear he will now sit out the next nine days due to a concussion.

• Like 2

Just seen on Auty’s Instagram that’s he’s had a scan and is ok just got to miss 9 days for concussion which is good to hear

edit posted this as screm above did at the same time ! 

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, eric i said:

I can hear Jake Allen's phone ringing.

i can hear a currant Sheffield riders phone ringing

8 minutes ago, neb said:

i can hear a currant Sheffield riders phone ringing

Leicester are at Newcastle that day.